View RSS Feed

knox

My Issue With The Royal Rumble

Rate this Entry
Hey guys Knox here hoping all is well. This indeed is my 100th blog. And I can honestly say I've written at least 90 of these blogs in my Computer Science class in college instead of paying attention to my professor lol. I'm blogging on an issue I have with the Royal Rumble. What bracket of stars should win the Royal Rumble? Is it the "Cinderella Stories", the "Rising Stars" or the "Bonafide Maineventers"? That's what we're going to talk about today.

Royal Rumble Prestige:

The Royal Rumble guarantees you a mainevent slot at Wrestlemania for the WHC or WWE Championship. Is that the kind of exposure you wanna give to a Rising star or a Cinderella Story? In my opinion no but really it all depends. I think the Rumble for the most part should be reserved for a Bonafide Maineventer or seasoned veteran.

The Cinderella Stories:

Someone that falls into this category in recent memory is Rey Mysterio winning the Rumble in 2006. I don't like these type of wins to be completely honest with you guys, even though it does make it more predictable. I just feel like it isn't appropriate.

The Rising Stars:

Examples of this would be Batista in 2005, Shawn Michaels in 1995 & 1996 and Steve Austin in 1997 & 1998. I can tolerate these type of wins for the most part. But at the end of the day you have to be very confident in the rising star you choose to do it because you are opening them up to a lot of big time exposure. The ball wasn't dropped by Batista, he delivered big time. Granted HBK & Austin won twice in the row their both times so they didn't get their respective title wins till after their second Rumble but they also didn't drop the ball.

But guys like Benoit was put on the grandest stage Wrestlemania and delievered after winning the 2004 Royal Rumble but after his brief title run, the WWE dropped his push and sent him to the U.S. belt and eventually ECW.

The WWE has to choose wisely when it comes to letting rising stars win the Rumble. If it were to happen this year I wouldn't mind seeing Wade Barrett or Dolph Ziggler win because I feel like they have a bright future and are future maineventers in this business for years to come.

Bonafide Maineventers:

Examples of this include Edge in 2010, Randy Orton in 2009 and pretty much a million other examples. These are the kind of Rumble wins I like but as long as they aren't being over exposed to the mainevent of Wrestlemania. Putting the ball in proven maineventers hands is an appetite for success because they've proven to know what to do in that situation.

I just don't think it would be appropriate if someone like John Cena, Randy Orton or Triple H were to win another Rumble for the rest of their careers. They've all won it before and they are super over. A Rumble win does nothing for them at this point in their career.

Now a guy like Christian or Cm Punk winning the Royal Rumble wouldn't bother me at all. I feel like these two haven't been in the mainevent as long and can still deliver better than most.

My Royal Rumble Prediction?:

Dolph Ziggler or Wade Barrett simple as that. No explanation needed. These two have took the ball and ran with it. Dolph Ziggler came a long way from being Chavo's caddie, to a male cheerleader, to a solid heel.

Wade Barrett was given a lot of exposure at a short time in his career and played that role amazingly. He's a proven rising star in this business so I wouldn't mind seeing him win it. Other than that I don't feel its anyone else I would want to see win it all.

Ultimately I feel its Wade Barrett's year. I think he's going to win the Rumble and somehow Orton is going to recover from his injury and regain the World Heavyweight Championship and Barrett will challenge him at Mania.

I forgot about how Dolph Ziggler is already in the WWE Championship match at the Rumble so him winning would be unlikely unless the writers did something right for once lol. I can see him winning still I mean Edge did turn the World Heavyweight Championship to the WWE Champion at Elimination Chamber that one year.

Conclusion:

Hope you all enjoyed this one. I had fun writing it. Please leave feedback and let me know what you think. The Rumble is so important because it decides who mainevent's Wrestlemania. You have to be careful on who you let win it. Be safe guys. Unitl then.

Submit "My Issue With The Royal Rumble" to Digg Submit "My Issue With The Royal Rumble" to del.icio.us Submit "My Issue With The Royal Rumble" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Issue With The Royal Rumble" to Google

Updated 01-06-2012 at 08:52 AM by knox

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enjoyed your blog but I'm suprised you didn't bring up the fact that no RR winner since The Undertaker in 2007 has gone onto to win a title at Wrestlemania. John Cena, Randy Orton, Edge & Alberto Del Rio all lost following their RR wins and for me its starting to ruin the prestige of the rumble. I'm hoping they don't make it five losses in row this year
    wow Batista was the rising star who won the rumble in 2008? :P

seriously though, good blog
    Unless Dolph Ziggler continues wrestling in two matches at a PPV he won't get a chance since he already has a match against CM Punk. Maybe Ziggler will lose his match against Punk beforehand and enter the rumble to win it so the fued will continue? Probably not but you never know...
    Congratulations on the 100th blog!
    I totally agree with you, Barrett or Ziggler should win. Personally I feel performing well in the Rumble ultimately helps in getting over. Look at Kane, people still talk about his 11 eliminations.
    I think it's boring when a guy like HHH or John Cena win. I love it when someone young and fresh wins. I'd love to see Ziggler win...nobody sells a finisher better than he does (reminds me of when The Rock used to take a Stone Cold Stunner).
    Wow, didn't know Dolph was a caddy and part of the spirit squad back in the day. I guess I didn't watch much wrestling as I thought.
    I'm still putting Kane as my pick, based on his monster masked return, If not i would definitely give it to Dolph or Wade
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.