View RSS Feed

Spectroheliographies

General Kurt Angle Blog.

Rate this Entry
Hey, well it's a pretty obvious answer I just wanted to praise him for what he's done right and point out something a lot are neglecting to notice. I'll begin with a brief run through of Kurt Angle's career surpassing what generations before him haven't been capable of. Gathered he's an Olympic gold medallist in my opinion he rides it too much but it works for him; I mean the gimmick has a heel, face and tweener feel to it with whatever way he's portraying the character. Kurt Angle could be the unbeatable, snide, and belligerent heel with the Olympic gold medal, he could be the "Captain America," of professional wrestling with his face routine and saves. My personal favourite's when he's a tweener because then we see Kurt Angle not only carrying matches and wrestling well but he also has something Daniel Bryan hasn't got and that's the feel that when he tears off his top and forces someone in to an angle/ankle lock he can make them look like they're about to break down into tears. (Lmao.)

He's 43 and still a tremendous wrestler and athlete he still carries guys from TNA. Still cuts good promos, of-course now he's seen as a veteran but even in WWE he was praised; I mean they let Kurt Angle be the sole reason to the fall of the alliance when he betrayed them in the 5v5 match. For those that don't remember it Stone Cold v The Rock at the end it came down to them two men. Stone Cold had it won with a stunner but coincidently pushed over the referee Kurt Angle runs out of the back and whacked Stone Cold (his own partner...) with the title allowing The Rock to get the victory. No matter what anyone says the guy's 43 and probably the best wrestler for his age, considering everyone past 42 normally need to be carried in matches Kurt Angle's still capable of carrying. I know he's suffered DUI charges and other problems but I can never fault his ring work.

Now what I've noticed... when Kurt Angle first came to the WWF he had like the most humbling of smiles, you wouldn't of expected him to become this big; he seemed harmless. Some of you wouldn't know that he's only, 5'10. This then brings me to Daniel Bryan, now I'm not saying Daniel Bryan's Kurt Angle by no-means do I even acknowledge Daniel Bryan in the same league as Kurt Angle, but I am saying... when Kurt Angle first joined WWF his sized, looks etcetera were tantamount to Daniel Bryan's of the modern day. Fair enough he had the physique which Daniel Bryan didn't but if you compare Kurt Angle from when he first joined with the WWF and Daniel Bryan now there is a chance if Daniel Bryan works out more often and builds a physique he could become as recognisable as Kurt Angle.

Take a look below and ignore Kurt Angles current stature just imagine seeing this guy pop up in the WWE. You'd assume because of his height and his baby-face he'd never make it...

Now in no way am I suggesting that Daniel Bryan is the next Kurt Angle or can even reach the level but I am stating that Kurt Angle was in the same boat as Daniel Bryan at one point and look at where he got in his career.

Before I end this blog reminding you all how much of an integral role Kurt Angle played in the wrestling industry I've got one more thing to add, although he is 43 and getting on with his age when I do watch him occasionally on TNA he looks better than any wrestler his age that's still wrestling, hands down. However that wont last forever so the best route I believe he can go now, instead of tarnishing his reputation like Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, The Warrior, etcetera. Is to have one more year within WWE since that's the centre stage... and where you'd most likely want to retire. Then he should retire as one of the best technical wrestlers in professional wrestling ever.

The thing is, if he stays with TNA for a few more years he'll be as unbearable to watch as Sting and The Undertaker. While he can he should go to the WWE for one more year and one last big reign before retiring or taking a background role within a wrestling company. If not in a few years time he's going to be horrible to watch.

Thanks for reading...
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images

Submit "General Kurt Angle Blog." to Digg Submit "General Kurt Angle Blog." to del.icio.us Submit "General Kurt Angle Blog." to StumbleUpon Submit "General Kurt Angle Blog." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Angle said he would stay in ring a for 2 years, I think in TNA then take a backstage role helping others with their skills and some stories (which would be great since he is a good judge in wrestling talent). He isn't hogging the title at all and put Storm over clean which is great.
    Personally I'd like to see him stay in TNA, he plays a vicious heel and I think it works better at TNA than at the PG-13 WWE level. I'd love to see the Main Event Mafia reform... I know it got shot down when Booker went with WWE (can't blame him), and further wrecked when they allowed Nash to go back as well, but I think they could restart it with fresh faces.

They could keep Angle as a manager feuding w/ Sting as the GM (except Angle can still wrestle, likely for the next few years), and Steiner as en enforcer, also with occasional matches, but mostly for his intimidating presence. They could basically take Immortal's spot... keep Bischoff entirely in the backroom. Flair could maybe be a manager, but frankly (all respect to his past career) I'd rather just see him make way for the fresher talent, he could be an Ambassador like Hogan, do interviews, cut promos as commercials, but not on show.

TNA should do their best to keep Angle around, as he's one of the linchpins of their show. I would like to see him (and Sting) get inducted into the WHoF eventually, but it'll probably have to wait until they're no longer affiliated with TNA. It's unfortunate, but I can understand Vince not wanting to let TNA claim they have anyone in it... even though they do w/ Flair and Hogan both.
    Personally I'd like to see Angle retire from TNA and then a short time later go to the wwe as a backstage agent or something. I think a lot of the younger talents and up and comers could benefit from his experience. Good blog though bro, I enjoyed reading it
    At first I didn't care for Kurt, but over the years I've come to respect & appreciate the man's incredible wrestling talent. Yeah, I aggree that whole"Olympic Gold Medalist" thing as long since run it's course & like everyone else he just wanted to beat Flair's number of title reigns but Kurt Angle is one of the best in the world today...Hands Down!!!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.