View RSS Feed

strider91

Five Wrestlers Who Will Dominate The WWE This Year

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone. Another year has gone by. Right now, the Youth Movement of the WWE is in full effect. This is my list of wrestlers who will dominate the WWE this year.

5. DREW MCINTYRE - Yes, he's been off television for quite a bit, but his recent match on SD shows that he can still do it. I hope it develops into a storyline with Teddy Long, with a IC run somewhere down the line.He needs to drop his 'The Chosen One' gimmick and go with the 'American Nightmare'. A slight push and a feud with Cody Rhodes for the IC championship can solidify him in the mid-card this year.

4. DOLPH ZIGGLER - This man never ceases to amaze me. He is probably the best seller in the WWE today. His mic skills and unique look only add to his personality. A former World Heavyweight champion, he seems to finally be getting his due, with a WWE Championship match at the Royal Rumble. Look for him to be WWE champion in the near future. Although he needs to drop Vickie Guerrero and make his own heat.

3. CODY RHODES - The current IC champion has done what nobody has managed to do for the last two years- make the IC championship relevant again. His feud with Rey Mysterio and his subsequent disfigurement were the highlights of this past year's Smackdown. He is almost ready for the world title picture, a feud with a main eventer such as Sheamus could do wonders for his career.

2. SHEAMUS - Speaking of the Great White, Sheamus is poised to become a serious player in the main event scene. Although he seems to have lost his barbarian attitude with his face turn, he reminds me of a young Triple H. Currently though, he is languishing in a lackluster feud with Jinder Mahal. With Orton out, a three way feud with Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett can rejuvinate his career.

1. WADE BARRETT - The Barrett Barrage is in full force! This man is the real deal. Great mic skills, decent wrestling ability and a great overall personality. The winner of NXT season 1 and leader of the Nexus, he seems to finally getting his due in the WWE. Although his feud with Orton is currently on hold, he is currently the top heel on Smackdown (along with Henry). He needs to be put in World Title Contender-ship ASAP. Look for him to main event WM next year.

Submit "Five Wrestlers Who Will Dominate The WWE This Year" to Digg Submit "Five Wrestlers Who Will Dominate The WWE This Year" to del.icio.us Submit "Five Wrestlers Who Will Dominate The WWE This Year" to StumbleUpon Submit "Five Wrestlers Who Will Dominate The WWE This Year" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Replace Drew McIntyre by Alberto Del Rio and your list is OK. WWE have big plans for Del Rio later this year, and no doubt he will be World Champ one more time.
    I think Drew Mcintyre is an ass clown. Alot of people like him, but in my opinion he doesn't get pushed for a reason. Also Del Rio both of them are SO FUCKIN BORING
    I agree with almost everything you said, except Drew. I just don't see anything special with Drew. To me, Drew might get a mini push in 2012, but then he is just going to get buried again. I agree with the other 4 though, and would really like to see a feud later in the year between Sheamus and Wade. Good read. Two thumbs up bro
    You kind of need to define what 'Dominate WWE' means exactly. In terms of main eventing Raw/Smackdown/PPVs you've left off Cena, Punk, Orton and likely Jericho. If you're referring to who is going to break out in a big way, then your list makes a lot more sense and I totally agree with it. It would be silly not to think that like them or not, those four wouldn't be a dominant force in WWE broadcasting this year.

Edit: Like others said, not so sure about Drew. He's getting a push alright, I'd like to see more from him. I'd guess that this year would be more developmental for him, like 2011 was for Cody, Ryder and Ziggles... a year that could push him into serious contendership if he does well... but could also have him flop out. We shall see.
    Updated 01-03-2012 at 08:47 PM by Razor
    I want to see Batista 2 (forgot his name) get more TV time. He has that huge, intimidating look.
    I think Ziggler should be at the top of that list. Just watch the guy. He's about as close to the second coming of Curt Hennig as anyone will ever get. And he's only gotten better as time has gone on.

Still don't see the big deal about Drew McIntyre. The only memorable thing about him for me was one time he came out on Raw with the worst spray tan I have ever seen. His body was straight orange, but his face was white. Could not stop laughing. Haven't been able to look at him without laughing ever since. And yes, I know how silly that is, but I can't help it.

I'd like to see Sheamus and Barrett brawl for a few months though. The whole "English vs. Irish" thing is a natural storyline and I'm surprised WWE hasn't made that fully happen yet. These two guys could get each other over, instead of waiting for an established guy to pick them out of a line-up.

Rhodes is a step away from a long main event run. The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. This feud with Booker T should be the final step in his transition from mid-card to upper card status.

Good blog.
    As far as Drew is concerned, he needs a push. He has the right ingredients (maybe lay off the spray tan for a bit). Hopefully he's out of the doghouse now.

ADR, on the other hand, is, as CM Punk puts it, one dimensional. He needs to become a lot more aggresive and maybe change his finisher, because IMO submission finishers just don't translate the impact on screen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.