View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Happy New Year: The Match of the Week Was???

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. I hope you all have a safe and happy new year. I'm going to take a break from the main stream stuff and start anew following the revelation of our 1/2/12 mystery man. So, just a quick blip here and I'm off to celebrate the ringing in of 2012. I'm only going to use one match from each show, just to keep things balanced.

Raw: CM Punk Gauntlet vs Swagger, if/then Ziggler, if/then Marc Henry.

This match was pretty good, especially during the Ziggler portion of the match. The ending, of course, was pretty crappy. But it does build to the Punk vs Lauranaitis feud. I was hoping to see Johnny Ace but I do think it's cool that we're kicking off the new year with a WWE Title match and it should be a good one.

Smackdown: Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton Falls Count Anywhere

Another good match with decent spots. It was short-lived though because once they got to the outside, it was just punch, push into wall, push into trash cans, and culminated in poor scripted camera shooting that took away the depiction of a nasty spill for Orton down the steps. No Real Winner.

TNA Impact: Mickey James vs Gail Kim Knockouts Title

A very good match. Great wrestling by both ladies. It was good to see this match be the main-event, as you never see ladies showcased like that. Bad TNA Typical ending to what was an incredible match.

The Winner Is....Mickey James vs Gail Kim

Before you start bashing me about women's wrestling and everything else. You need to be a true wrestling fan in order to appreciate this the way I did. You have to have watched all three shows, and all three main event matches. If you hate TNA, you'll probably bash this blog. If you love TNA and hate WWE, you'll probably over-praise this blog. But, however you feel, and you are all entitled to your opinions, be objective as I have. Let go of the bias and preferential opinions and watch these three matches. You might surprised that you'd be agreeing with me on this one.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. Be Safe and 1/2/12 can't come soon enough.

Submit "Happy New Year: The Match of the Week Was???" to Digg Submit "Happy New Year: The Match of the Week Was???" to del.icio.us Submit "Happy New Year: The Match of the Week Was???" to StumbleUpon Submit "Happy New Year: The Match of the Week Was???" to Google

Tags: raw, tna
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I loved the KO's match, but the ending ruined it for me, especially with Taz and Tenay asking "Who ran to the ring and did Madison Rayne's finisher?"
    So, you're only a real wrestling fan if people agree with your opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by pjpjr6
    So, you're only a real wrestling fan if people agree with your opinion?
    No. Not what I said at all. I'm trying to avoid the anti-TNAers from flapping their gums about my choice of match of the week. I want people who comment to, at the very least, be objective instead of disagreeing just because they hate TNA and don't watch it.

Any true wrestling fan, who watches it for the quality of matches and wrestling, instead of for how many times Zack Ryder says "Wooo Wooo Wooo", would clearly agree that those girls in TNA put on the best main event of the week.
    DK you have a good selection. I'm gonna watch the women's match on YT right now!

EDIT: Just watched it. It was pretty good for a women's match. The octopus stretch and kip up were awesome! The match seemed kinda slow but picked up as time went on. This wasn't the best week for either company in terms of quality of wrestling, but this was a good match.
    Updated 01-02-2012 at 05:05 AM by The Brown One

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.