View RSS Feed

Rated_R(ob)KO

STATE OF THE 'E: How Chris Jericho Played The IWC Like A Fiddle

Rating: 4 votes, 2.00 average.
Welcome to the first blog version of STATE OF THE 'E for 2012!! Hopefully everyone had a great New Year and stayed safe! Now, I'm going to get right into it here...

You've been had. They got you. I'm fairly certain every person on the internet could tell you that the [B]1-2-12[/B] promos were for the return of only one man himself:

[B][SIZE=4]CHRIS JERICHO

[/SIZE][/B][SIZE=4][SIZE=2][SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Of course everyone knew that. Hell, my six year old son was wearing his Chris Jericho shirt all day waiting for it. He took his shower at like 3pm just so he could be in that shirt. Everyone knew. It all started a couple months ago when the promos started. Everyone in the IWC quickly figured out all the clues and all the mysteries. Everyone was rabidly going at it. There was one thing no one understood. The little girl. That little girl was the best thing they could have done.

Considering everyone knew what was going on, the little girl was thrown in to mess us up. Throw us off the trail. She was nothing more than a Red Herring. Get it? (Red hair, false clue.) Everyone wanted her to represent more but the fact is, all she was was a diversion. Hell, even I thought it would be Stephanie returning with Chris due to their history. Maybe even Lita.

But, I quickly remembered that Lita was just on Raw a couple weeks ago and that wouldn't be as big of a deal if she showed up. Then, Stephanie was scheduled to to a radio show @ 8pm. Now, legitimately she could have been it if she were at the arena. But, It was a live show, she was in their studio and it was far enough away that she wouldn't make it to the arena until after Raw was off the air.

So, there that was. Should have seen it. Didn't. Of course we didn't. We weren't supposed to. So, after all the pomp and circumstance and after all the debates (Sting, el oh el)... we finally come to the special night. We finally come to last nights RAW SUPERSHOW! And you all got... well... got. Basically put, you honestly didn't think Jericho would come back and be a "Face" after all of those promos, did you?

Jericho did [B]EXACTLY[/B] what he intended. He came out there, had you eating out of the palm of his hands, pandered to you and made you happy that he was back. Wrestling fans have no memory and he proved it last night. When he left he was a horrible person. The best #HEEL in the business. None better. Did you honestly think he would be a "rocker" again? Apparently you did.

Lets actually see what happened here... the final promo aired, the arena "shook" and went black. He literally stood there in a blue lighted coat. His theme hit and the roof came off. He went and gave high fives, screamed and yelled, ran around the arena like an idiot, cheered, let the crowd do their "Y2J" chants, everything. The crowd was in love with it. And then it kept going. For some reason it became weird. The cheers turned into boos. Jericho went up the ramp and the boos got louder. After he got to the entrance he stopped doing everything, the smile left and the disdain returned. He walked out. The boos were enormously loud.

You have brought this upon yourself. A familiar force shall arrive to reclaim what is his. She holds the mystery of my rebirth. For when I beckon her I will return to reclaim what is mine. She has spoken. It is time. The end of the World as you know it is here. Now.

Do you understand?

The man came into the arena full of cheers, didn't say a word, and left the arena full of boos. That has literally never been done before. There was a turn within a turn all within a matter of 8 minutes. In the coming weeks we will fully understand everything that Jericho has laid out. It will be grand and we'll eat it up like the gelatinous tapeworms that we are.

Do you understand?

As usual, leave your thoughts and opinions below and have a fantastic 2012! (My next blog will definitely be the 2011 recap one. I'm in the middle of getting opinions for the piece and it's taking longer than expected. Sorry!)

See Ya' Space Cowboy...

[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][URL="http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/onemorenerd.com"]onemorenerd.com[/URL]

Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: How Chris Jericho Played The IWC Like A Fiddle" to Digg Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: How Chris Jericho Played The IWC Like A Fiddle" to del.icio.us Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: How Chris Jericho Played The IWC Like A Fiddle" to StumbleUpon Submit "STATE OF THE 'E: How Chris Jericho Played The IWC Like A Fiddle" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Exactly!! He made people forget about the suit wearing snob that left and took them back to the LionHeart Jericho... Ring Psychology at its best!
    well, i think everybody understands what he was trying to do, and what happened. There is no confusion, it was just not well done at all. That will not keep the interest of people on an already boring show, Jericho is one of the most talented mic workers in history or wrestling, they needed him to speak to make the show interesting, him coming out like that just made me feel like I was tricked into watching the show
    and again, Chris Jericho did not TRICK or fool anybody, it's the simple fact the segment did not work out and it bombed ( similar to the mick foley segments )
    The video build up for his comeback was done great and has to be looked at...The fued with Punk will prove so, How the WWE gave this guy a contract and how he use alot of Jericho moves....Perfect plot for WM build up....The only reason Foley comeback failed because he did a TNA stint and sort of bash the E a little bit..
    Quote Originally Posted by JPVictory
    The video build up for his comeback was done great and has to be looked at...The fued with Punk will prove so, How the WWE gave this guy a contract and how he use alot of Jericho moves....Perfect plot for WM build up....The only reason Foley comeback failed because he did a TNA stint and sort of bash the E a little bit..
    Foley's bit, same with Y2J's, I'd argue weren't for us to enjoy watching. Y2J isn't here to entertain us, he's heel. Foley tried to make Cena more palatable to us, which obviously wasn't going to work, so make it embarrassing and cringe worthy instead, we'll complain more.
    It will trend, people will talk and argue, there's interest in the product.
    Excellent blog. Somebody that actually gets it. I am looking forward to seeing what Jericho has to say next week, or what he doesn't have to say for that matter.
    good blog mate, at first i was bit pissed off but once i realised what he was doing, high fiving everyone, getting em to chant all the time, he was basically taking the piss out of the crowd, it was obvious he was coming bk as a heel then, i think its brilliant what jerichos done, he basically turned everyone against him within about 5 minutes without even saying a word, brilliant, i cant wait to see raw next week now and with him and punk being brilliant on mic and in ring, could be an amazin feud, possibly steal the show at mania as long as wwe dont mess it up.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.