View RSS Feed

Renevious

WWE Deja Vu, Triple H, CM Punk

Rate this Entry
Hey guys, Renevious here. I don't blog nearly as often as I used to, but there's a subject out there that's really starting to give me a severe case of the red ass. And that's all this talk about the Undertaker and Wrestlemania 28. Now I've been a huge fan of the Undertaker since the debut of his character 21 years ago, so all this talk about who he's going to fight and whether or not the streak will be broken is really getting to me.

As of this writing, it seems like the most recent stories are leaning towards a 3-peat against Triple H. And most recently, there is talk about having HBK as the special guest referee with the angle of a possible screw job taking place. Let me just start out by saying that no one should end the streak. Screwy referee or not, Undertaker most definitely deserves to hang his hat at the end of his career with a perfect 20-0 at Wrestlemania. We live now in an era where nothing is sacred anymore in wrestling. The two current world champions are two of the best in ring performers I've ever seen, and (being such a huge Bret Hart fan) I'm super excited and happy to see those titles represented by such talent. However, Daniel Bryan's belt was once held by David Arquette, and CM Punk's title was once held by Vince McMahon, who also happens to have a Royal Rumble win under his belt as well I might add (something that someone like Kane has still not been able to accomplish). My point is that the streak has been kept alive since 1991, and it definitely deserves to rest in peace without being tarnished, regardless of who Undertaker faces.

Which brings me to my next point...who does he face? Now, I know everyone has their opinion and educated guess on who Undertaker will face, and I'm just another opinion out there amongst the crowd. But come on guys, I can't be the only one out there who doesn't want to see Undertaker finish his streak against someone he's already fought in the past, not to mention someone he's already fought more than once for God sake. I honestly don't really care too much on who it is, be it a younger talent with a chance to prove himself or a veteran who deserves to share the stage with the Dead man. It doesn't matter just as long as it's somebody new. I'd be super stoked to see him and fellow legend Mick Foley end their careers together at Wrestlemania or see someone younger like Dolph Ziggler take Undertaker to within a hair or doing the impossible, just to fall short by that much. This could definitely be an opportunity for a young guy to shine, even if he does lose. Hell, there's no shame in losing to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Bret Hart lost to the British Bulldog at Summerslam '92, and that was the match that made him a main eventer. HBK etched his spot as a main eventer after losing to Razor Ramon in the ladder match at Wrestlemania 10.

I think the biggest problem I see is that there are too many fans out there who are either ok with or actually looking forward to seeing Undertaker go up against the most likely candidate of Triple H, even though it would be their third time fighting at a Wrestlemania. And for this I blame the crappy product of today's WWE. Fans today are so brainwashed into accepting sub par wrestling that they are willing to and actually excited about having to pay hard earned money to see the same crap we've all seen over and over again in the past. Not to mention, there's no way they're going to top what they've done in the past, which means that whatever they do going forward is guaranteed to be a disappointment. We have to stand up and say that's not good enough. Do you realize why we as fans were so excited to see Daniel Bryan and CM Punk as world champions? It's because it wasn't the same Cena/Orton bull shit that WWE has been force feeding us for the past several years. Change is good. Doing the same crap over and over is not. Give us something new WWE, please.

I guess the moral of the story is that we shouldn't assume that whoever faces Undertaker at Wrestlemania has to be someone of legendary status, just so they can carry Undertaker's old ass for an entire match. Despite his age, he's in much better shape than most of us. If he was so banged up, he wouldn't be diving head first over the top rope onto his opponent outside the ring. All I'm saying is that if the WWE is so hard up for someone to step up and being the next big thing (not Brock Lesnar), then give someone new a chance to actually prove himself and do it. Nineteen years ago, Vince took a chance on Bret and the Bulldog to steal the show at Summerslam. And what we have to take from that event is one of the greatest matches of all time. The talent is there. WWE just needs to take the handcuffs off and let these guys perform.

And lastly, I don't want to hear from anybody that they shouldn't be able to outdo themselves because it will take away from the Rock/Cena spotlight. This whole mindset of Wrestlemania having to be able one particular highlight is just another example of WWE brainwashing fans into accepting sub par entertainment. Wrestlemania 10 had Bret & Owen, HBK & Razor, Lex & Yoko, Macho & Crush, and Bret & Yoko just to name a few. News flash people...we're paying a shitload of money to watch these things every year. We deserve more than one memorable moment per Wrestlemania. Do you think the Ultimate Warrior and Macho Man gave a crap that they weren't the main event of Wrestlemania 7? They sure as hell made it more memorable than Hulk and Sarge did.

Anyway, thanks everybody for reading and have a Merry Christmas. God bless.

Submit "WWE Deja Vu, Triple H, CM Punk" to Digg Submit "WWE Deja Vu, Triple H, CM Punk" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE Deja Vu, Triple H, CM Punk" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE Deja Vu, Triple H, CM Punk" to Google

Updated 12-22-2011 at 06:34 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Great blog. Brilliant stuff. I read things such as, for example, "Why should they have CM Punk vs Austin at WM 28 when Rock vs Cena has already stolen the show?" WrestleMania is a 4-hour event, and all of it should be good. Fill the card with top-notch matches from mid-carders; bring back MITB to WM; have Jericho take on Punk for the right to be the Best In The World; etc etc etc.

I for one am not bothered whether Undertaker loses or not. It's a great thing that should not be broken (and definitely NOT screwjob style) but I would still mark out if he was pinned, just for the shock of it. It could be the match that defines a young career -- I have Ziggler or Barrett in mind as they are really promising heels. I don't want to see him face Triple H again.

Enjoy your Christmas too
    Mate, this is an awesome blog. Hit the nail on the head. U should email this to wwe and maybe itl open there fucking eyes! Same old shit, constantly rammed down our throats. Excellent read!
    I say Angle, Christian, Sting or Ziggler. These guys can go, fans would want to see it, they can carry Taker if needed (especially Angle) and can sell.
    Good blog. I don't agree with the Ziggler or Barrett ideas though. Way too predictable. I'm thinking something sort of unprecedented. HHH vs Taker, HBK as the special ref. When it comes time to for the screw job, he doesn't go through with it, or Bret Hart comes out and HBK is reminded of the ultimate screw job and doesn't go through with it. The point is, the Undertaker Streak matches have really been a showcase lately and everyone wants to see if it's possible to "End The Streak". Almost as much as we wanna see Cena turn Hell.

I'm actually blogging my idea on what to do with Undertaker at Wrestlemania in my blog tonight.
    I thought for sure at the last Wrestlemania that HBK would have come out during the Taker/HHH match while HHH had the upper hand. Everyone would have thought he was coming out to help his fellow DX member and superkick the Undertaker but then he turns and superkicks HHH and as HHH lays on the mat, HBK looks down at him and says "If I can't beat him... NO ONE WILL!" Then he looks at the Undertaker and says..."You're welcome!" as the Undertaker pins HHH, even though he didn't want it to go down like this...
    just throwing it out there...stone cold and undertaker have not faced each other at wrestlemaina...EVER!!...and in a interveiw austin said and i quote (cant believe i just did a micheal cole reference) i got one more match in me....so im suprised austins name isnt brought up that much...also ziggler and barret are talented but not to where they can face taker at wrestlemania.
    This was an awesome read. I do agree that Taker should be deserving of keeping his streak. And that even if his opponent loses it could still do wonders for his career... so hopefully it is an opponent who could benefit from such, because there is a great number of people who could be canidates. Let's move on from HHH and Michaels being involved with trying to end the streak.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.