View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Is the Kane/Cena Feud a Good or Bad Idea?

Rate this Entry
Hey Everyone. I'm actually getting sick of the name, DK Wrestling Savior, because I'm not the wrestling savior, I only wish I was rich enough to be one. I'm just an opinion man, so look for a change...right around January 2nd. *he he*

I'm going to touch on a few things about the Jericho return before I go into the Kane vs Cena feud. This will be another quick one because TNA needs some love next time around. Here we go.

It has been reported and debated over and over again that the January 2nd video is for Chris Jericho's return. And while I may have been wrong in my last post about a few things, regarding some possible alternatives, I still contend that it's not for Jericho. I believe Jericho is returning and soon, but not on the 2nd. I realize I will probably eat my words in two weeks when it's finally revealed, but in my opinion, it should go like this.

Jericho is expected to return for a short run and feud with CM Punk that is supposed to culminate at Wrestlemania. It would be a phenomenal match and one that everyone wants to see. However, there are some problems with this. First, he's going to get a huge pop when he returns. Is that really what you want to contend with your new top face? Second, what's he going to do when he returns? Come in and for no rhyme or reason, just start something with CM Punk and start jobbing out right away? Either scenario is a lose/lose situation. Jericho's return should be as a mystery entrant at the Royal Rumble. He should win the Rumble, and over the next few weeks, make his decision on which title to go after, then go heel and choose Punk for Wrestlemania.

Now onto the real topic of this blog...The Kane vs John Cena feud. Is this a good idea or a bad one? Let's break it down.

This feud is a good idea because...I can't think of a single reason except it gives Cena something to do between now and Wrestlemania. Since Cena has noted the past two weeks that he'll see The Rock at Wrestlemania, I think it's safe to say we won't see or hear from the precious one, anytime before, say, mid-March. Well, you can't have a feud with one person promoting it and the other one absent, and since you can't just keep Cena off TV until then, you need something, anything for him to do, without him getting in CM Punk's way.

This feud is a bad idea because they just built Kane up for his resurrection and return and all that good stuff, and it would make them look really stupid if they just jobbed him out to Cena. On the flip side of this scenario, they're building up the Cena vs Rock match as if it's the greatest and most epic spectacle to ever grace a television screen. Well, that loses merit if John Cena is involved in a feud with Kane and is losing left and right.

So, now it begs the question, why this feud and why now? I personally think it is another chapter in the Cena Heel turn Saga. Will he turn? Will he be able to keep up his Rise Above Hate movement? Kane has attacked him twice and gotten very nice pops for it. It doesn't take a genius to realize that Kane's return would have been popular among the masses. And just because someone beats up Cena, doesn't make them instant heels anymore. Surely the WWE had to have known this. So why do it? What were they expecting?

I personally think they are testing the theory out once more. Like a previous post of mine regarding Cena's heel turn, I think they're turning to us to see what sticks and what slips.

I don't read spoilers, I watch the shows, so I'll be waiting until the weekend for my next post. Thanks for reading and I hope everyone is having a great week.

Submit "Is the Kane/Cena Feud a Good or Bad Idea?" to Digg Submit "Is the Kane/Cena Feud a Good or Bad Idea?" to del.icio.us Submit "Is the Kane/Cena Feud a Good or Bad Idea?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Is the Kane/Cena Feud a Good or Bad Idea?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Great blog. I agree I am totally lost with the Kane cena feud but I think Kane definitely has more to lose then does cena. So since Kane is a hybrid superstar (popularity of a face, attitude and actions of a heel) I think they might have cent turn sometime during this fued and either beat Kane dirty or have a bunch of dq matches and count outs and attacks on each other before the match starts etc.
    Good ideas, i also believe this is a part of the Cena heel turn, and I think Kane will come out on top in order to push Cena to the brink. However, my question is does the WWE has the guts to go through with the heel turn? As for your first part of the blog, the videos do seem to point to Jericho, but with the WWE anything could happen. Now the part when you said Jericho had no reason to attack Punk, well I kind of disagree. Notice Punk's claim to being the best in the world. I believe Jericho claimed that in his old persona. The globe in the video is a key marker that someone is after Punk to claim that title of best in the world, so If it is Jericho on the 2nd, he has a good enough reason why to attack Punk. He doesn't even have to state who's he after if he returns on the second. That could be revealed when he wins the rumble. Or the whole 2nd thing could be Steph and Shane, which would be interesting, lol.
    Kane came back with a mask on and he is suppose to be a monster again. Having him loose to Cena would defeat the purpose. Having Kane beat Cena would only build Cena as the underdog. That is what I believe WWE is trying to do. I disagree that WWE is testing the water with a Cena heel turn. I still believe WWE still have blinders on, thinking they can still get people to cheer for Cena.
    I think the feud is a bad idea. The same day Kane ripped off Cena's shirt Cena lost to Kane in a dark match after the show, but only because of DQ when Cena hit Kane with a chair. From what I read Cena pretty much owned Kane after that even if Kane did win technically. I think this is what the feud will continue to be like. Cena will continue to be the Superman he's been for years and not go heel and I believe the whole thing will only lead to Cena feeling even stronger in his beliefs and newly inspired while Kane loses any momentum he got during his return. While WWE may be testing the waters for a Cena heel turn I don't see it happening because as Vince has shown us many times in the past he cares more about money than his fans and the kids are spending the money still even if Cena is getting booed out of the arena. I firmly believe at this time that Cena will stay a face and Kane will become just another one of WWE's dropped balls.
    Kane vs Cena is A LOT better than the pebble vs Cena. At least we'll be able to see a build up, and at least kane has a chance of beating cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vega
    Good ideas, i also believe this is a part of the Cena heel turn, and I think Kane will come out on top in order to push Cena to the brink. However, my question is does the WWE has the guts to go through with the heel turn? As for your first part of the blog, the videos do seem to point to Jericho, but with the WWE anything could happen. Now the part when you said Jericho had no reason to attack Punk, well I kind of disagree. Notice Punk's claim to being the best in the world. I believe Jericho claimed that in his old persona. The globe in the video is a key marker that someone is after Punk to claim that title of best in the world, so If it is Jericho on the 2nd, he has a good enough reason why to attack Punk. He doesn't even have to state who's he after if he returns on the second. That could be revealed when he wins the rumble. Or the whole 2nd thing could be Steph and Shane, which would be interesting, lol.
    actually jericho's old persona statement was "king of the world" and even though they are similar id reckon king out ranks best.
    It's been a long time since Cena had a match vs. Kane (the two faced off in a filler match on RAW one night in 2009 or 2010). So it would be a fresh match up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.