View RSS Feed

BlackFalcon

Who Will Win the Royal Rumble?

Rate this Entry
Hey guys, BlackFalcon here. Well with the New Year coming up, there is one thing on every wrestling fan's mind... The Royal Rumble is just around the corner. The best thing about the Rumble is that is so unexpected, Legendary returns, unexpected turns, and the fun of the eliminations. Another good thing is that there are so many people who deserve to win it, and you really think they could. So who in the roster has the best chance of winning? Here I go through some of the best candidates:

Dolph Ziggler: The man that backs-up everything he says, this guy is a legitimate star who puts on great matches week-in, week-out. With him losing the title to Ryder at TLC, He definitely has a great chance of being pushed up to the main title picture. If he didn't win, I would pick him to win Next Year's Money in the Bank instead, or maybe even get into The Elimination Chamber.

Big Show: Probably going to be in the WHC match, but if not he certainly deserves a win at the Rumble after all he's put in. He's been working his ass off since his return and deserves a title reign that's over a minute (Not taking anything away from Bryan, love him as champ)

Chris Jericho: Contrary to popular belief, and thanks in part to DX Wrestling Saviour's blog on this matter, I believe Jericho's return (if at all) will take place at the Rumble, rather than on 02/01/12. It makes more sense to return at a big PPV and get a win like Edge did, instead of at some obscure date. PLus this would be one of the few things he hasn't won in his career.

Christian: A stellar competitor who had a great summer feud with Orton. If anything he deserves One More Match, and this is the perfect way to get it.

Randy Orton: Home-Town favourite, nuff said. His Chrisian feud does back him up tho, and he has won before.

Sheamus: This guy has all the makings of a great returning champion. With two WWE Title runs already (Although I never cared for him much back then) Sheamus really deserve's a title shot a lot more than kicking Jobber Mahal's ass every week (thanks to R(ob) for that name)

Wade Barrett: In his first two years he has lead two imposing and successful stables, had a stellar feud with Both Orton and Cena, and this week he put Orton through a table. A win here would definitely be a step in the right direction for the Barrett Barrage

Kane: How the man with the record for most eliminations in one Rumble match, as well as one of the highest number of appearances, has not won yet is beyond me. However, with his masked return, Kane is definitely in with a good chance of winning this year, and he deserves to as well. If not, I can confidently predict that he will be in the Elimination Chamber.

Out of everyone on the list I would put Kane as my official pick to win the Rumble, although the others have a good chance as well.

And that's my list, feel free to leave comments and suggestions for who you want to win. This is BlackFalcon, signing off.

Submit "Who Will Win the Royal Rumble?" to Digg Submit "Who Will Win the Royal Rumble?" to del.icio.us Submit "Who Will Win the Royal Rumble?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Who Will Win the Royal Rumble?" to Google

Updated 12-21-2011 at 09:45 AM by Frank

Tags: royal rumble, wwe
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    There have been talks about having John Cena win the 2012 Royal Rumble because they wanna see Cena vs. Rock for the WWE Title. They thinking of having Cena win the Rumble match, have his title shot at Elimination Chamber instead of WM28 (like he did the first time he won the Royal Rumble), win the title and face The Rock in a title match.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozfan
    There have been talks about having John Cena win the 2012 Royal Rumble because they wanna see Cena vs. Rock for the WWE Title. They thinking of having Cena win the Rumble match, have his title shot at Elimination Chamber instead of WM28 (like he did the first time he won the Royal Rumble), win the title and face The Rock in a title match.
    I pray they don't go with this idea.
    I'm honestly pushing for Dolf Ziggler to win the Royal Rumble. Hes the only wrestler I see who has earned the right to compete for a World Title at Wrestlemaina. Hes had impressive matches in 2011 and his push as a main-eventer is waiting to happen. Dolf Ziggler vs CM Punk for the WWE Title or Dolf Ziggler vs Daniel Bryan for the World Heavyweight Title would be absolutely amazing.
    BARRETT SHOULD WIN
    I can see Sheamus, Dolph, or Cody (even if he has a title defense that has stopped past performers from participating in the RR). Orton don't need it. Cena definately don't need it. His match with The Rock is big enough without a belt being on the line. If both belts are defended seperately then they would have 3 main events rather than 2. Besides, if Cena / Rock was a title match, I'm pretty sure The Rock will not win it. I like your opinion on Jericho. RR would be a better suprise return for him instead of 1-2-12 (unless he does return on that date, YET the video was not about him, and instead it's for Shane O'Mac making two suprise returns to start the New Year). Time will tell.
    Sheamus should, Orton will, hopefully Barrett will be facing Taker at WM!
    Kane would be a great pick to win, the only drawback to that on is that WWE would have been better off bringing him back as a surprise at the event and scrapping the mask gimmick. Had they known about Henry's impending injury, they'd have probably scrapped those promos and done exactly that.

Y2J is the guy I'd most like to see win, but I think it's a long shot that he's coming back for a short run before touring again with Fozzy.

Orton / Christian will have a gimmicked elimination where they both go out together and fight their way up the ramp in a predictable WWE cop-out.

Sheamus and Barrett need to have a year long feud with a ton of promos to get these guys over as the new top tier of superstars in the WWE. Think HHH/Orton only don't blow it up in a month for a few buyrates on an under-performing ppv. They need each other, neither wins.

Big Show...no...

I think another possibility is a return / debut winner. We might see the return of Brodus Clay and him win. Might see mr. android himself come back from fcw and win. Depends how much confidence Vince has and if he wants to stir the pot for WM. Clay vs Brian at WM would add a david vs goliath type match, and that is usually highlighted at WM. So I guess we'll see.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.