10 Changes WWE Should Make In 2012
by, 12-18-2011 at 01:13 AM (5004 Views)
A new year brings changes for every person, changes should also apply to the WWE. Everyone agrees a better divas division, longer matches, Cena heel turn. I'm thinking more in depth. Here are 10 things in my opinion the WWE should make to further improve the product.
10. Teddy Long needs to go- Don't get me wrong, i love Long, but he has been on and off Smackdown since mid 2000's. I believe Smackdown needs a change. I think Smackdown could use a heel authority figure, they seem to make shows more interesting. Maybe use Long as a manager for somebody, perhaps for Brodus Clay.
9. Drew McIntyre push and Daniel Bryan- I love Drew McIntyre, he has the quality to be a top guy in the WWE if used right. He's suppose to be the chosen one, give him a huge push and i know he will show the world what he can really do. I love Daniel Bryan, i like that they have given him a good push, and i really hope they let him capitalize on him MITB, WWE should make him a big part of there company, he is one of the all around best wrestlers in the WWE.
8. Bring back King of the Ring, scrap a cheesy PPV- I love King of the Ring, it was a great concept and an exciting PPV, it can be unpredictable and very exciting. Replace Capital Punishment and Over the Limit, those two PPV are so cheesy it is awful. I would love King of the Ring to replace one of them.
7. Don't forget history- I find it odd how WWE to seems to not acknowledge anything and act like it never ever happened. For example Sheamus turns Baby Face and is suddenly acting all friends with Cena and Orton, when they were once long time rivals. I found it funny how Christian and Edge were brothers and are now acknowledged as just best friends.
6. Combine the Intercontinental and United States Championships- Nowadays those two are basically used as toys or props. Rarely are there any major feuds between the titles, when is the last time Cody Rhodes actually defended the title, it has been a few months. Besides Zack Ryder, Ziggler has not had a big feud for the title. The IC title has a big history in the WWE, scrap the US and have the IC defended on both brands to have good competition and have meaning behind the title.
5. Open more shows with matches- I don't like long 20 min. Promo openers. Once in a while it's fine, before a PPV i believe promo openers are great for build up, but i think an exciting opener will keep the audience going and prevent them from switching channels due to a snoozing opener. Get them excited for the show, and then when that long promo comes they might be more attentive.
4. Automatic rematches- I HATE this so much. After a great PPV match and new champion and what you think is the end of a feud.... on Raw they cash in there rematch clause. It just aggravates me so much. I want a new storyline, a new challenger, not the same main even the following PPV, which brings me to my next reason
3. Less PPV- 13 is wayyyyy to much. I think they need to cut it down to at the most 8, the 4 main and then 4 other concept PPV. I just think with how many they have, either storylines are rushed or match outcomes become to predictable. I think a huge reason buys are down are 1) of course the economy 2) a lot of people can predict PPV outcomes because there is just way to many.
2. Move Cena to Smackdown- With Raw babyfaces rising such as CM Punk. What major babyface does Smackdown have besides Sheamus and Orton? Moving Cena to Smackdown would make perfect sense. Move Orton to Raw with Punk and put Cena on Smackdown with Sheamus . (That is if they do not turn him heel)
1. Cruiserweights- WWE needs this division back!! WWE has good enough of high flyers who are rarely used who can be used! Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio, Tyson Kidd, Yoshi Tatsu, Hunico, Kofi, Primo, Justin Gabriel. This was an exciting division, and some memorable matches have been with these wrestlers.
Thank you for reading, and please post comments with what you think!