What John Cena's role should be at TLC.
by, 12-14-2011 at 10:48 PM (5625 Views)
John Cena has no match at TLC. That's highly surprising as it feels like he's been on every PPV possible (barring injury) fighting at least one other person. But this PPV might break that run. But I know the perfect role for John Cena at this PPV and it's NOT sitting in the back watching like a good man.
John Cena should be the Special Guest Referee in the Ziggler vs. Ryder title match. John Cena gave up a title shot to give Ryder another shot at this match. John Cena should see this to the end and be forced into the Special Guest role. And there are several reasons why this makes sense:
- John Cena and Dolph Ziggler have a mean history. Anyone else remember their back-to-back live matches? Vickie also has a lot of heat with Cena, for what it's worth.
- Cena and Ryder are total broskis. The WWE has shown Cena go crazy pushing this guy.
- Johnny Ace could use this to test Cena. Can Cena be partial as a guest referee when he gave up a title shot for the challenger?
- It gives Dolph a way to drop the title to Ryder and immediately move up into the Top Card by working a program with Cena because "he cost Ziggler his title".
- It offers a great opportunity for Cena's character to get more crowd heat by calling the match down the middle and letting Ziggler win.
- Cena can screw over Ryder and go Heel (Not likely).
There has been rumors of this being the case and I think it is a fantastic idea. Cena has proven a capable Guest Ref in past experiences--the Wade v. Orton match springs to mind.