View RSS Feed

Amerinaine

WWE and TNA: An Overview: 3rd Edition, Part 1

Rate this Entry
So it is the end of the year and that has got me, and everyone else thinking...What was the best and worst of the year. I mean, take a look at some of the blogs and some of the stuff in the forums. That alone tells you what people think. Well, it is now time for me to add to that.

I am just going to go over the RAWs and the whopping 1 PPV I've seen this year and TNA Impact.

First Best Of's:

Most Improved: Zach Ryder

Barely just a blip on my radar when the year started, he ended the year with quite a bang. Once the hype machine started rolling, it never really stopped. There is a reason why he is currently the U.S. Champion. I do think Cena should be credited here for part of this. (Even if it was just story lined.)

Knockout of the Year: Velvet Sky

No one Diva or Knockout has improved more than her. Her in ring skills have gone from barely being noticeable, to barely even a botch per match. Her mic skills have come the furthest. All of these improvements outside of the Tag Division of TNA garnered her the Knockout's Title and it was very well deserved. I doubt you find as hard a worker.

Diva of the Year: Beth Phoenix

This was too obvious a choice. Natty Neidhart is pretty good, but when compared to Phoenix, it just isn't the same. Best Mic skills and wrestling ability of any diva. But this is in a world where no Diva is outstanding.

Rookie of the Year: Jesse Sorensen

No one has caught fire so quickly as Jesse Sorensen. He has added a dimension to the X Division that has been missed for a bit. As a rookie, it is rare to have a botch free match, but this kid has had plenty of error free matches to date. Once he gets his mic skills down, it wouldn't surprise me to see him in contention for other titles besides the X-Division crown.

Superstar of the Year: CM Punk

I know I'm gonna get bashed for marking out here, but really the next closest to his stature this year was Alberto Del Rio and he really wasn't that close. Who got more fans talking than CM Punk. People who don't like him griped about him more this year than ever before. People who loved him praised him more than they ever did before. He is a very, very good in ring performer, who has HHH type promo skills. The guy can talk. Sure, his GTS is hit and miss. But a big problem with that is, his opponents don't know how to sell it. When he gets a bigger opponent, it isn't all that believable. Still, despite this, he has earned Superstar of the Year.

Part 2 Worst of the Year will be put up in the next couple of days.

Submit "WWE and TNA: An Overview: 3rd Edition, Part 1" to Digg Submit "WWE and TNA: An Overview: 3rd Edition, Part 1" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE and TNA: An Overview: 3rd Edition, Part 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE and TNA: An Overview: 3rd Edition, Part 1" to Google

Comments

Im DJ Slang

u could of added more awards u knw oder den dat ok blog 4 now
    Quote Originally Posted by djslang
    Im DJ Slang

u could of added more awards u knw oder den dat ok blog 4 now
    What would you like to have seen added? I can't really fix anything, if you don't suggest anything.
    Im DJ Slang

best champion of da year,feud of da year,best heel/face turn,new commer of da year,brand of the year.......should i go on
    Quote Originally Posted by djslang
    Im DJ Slang

best champion of da year,feud of da year,best heel/face turn,new commer of da year,brand of the year.......should i go on
    If you want, but I already have one of your suggestions listed already, just named differently.

Newcomer of the Year = Rookie of the Year
    Im DJ Slang

when i mean new comer i basicly mean break out star of da year
    Superstar/Wrestler of the year is a tough one.You mentioned Cm Punk for that massive shoot style promo that indeed got everyone talking and that Del Rio is only one that comes close but i feel you have to mention R-Truth/Miz/Storm and Roode.I think its very close and i would love to for it to be put to a vote to see what everyone thinks.
    Cm Punk
    Del Rio
    R-Truth
    Miz
    Storm
    Roode

What you folks think

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.