View RSS Feed

Piscesbaby

Slammys 2011 Review

Rate this Entry
The Slammys were somewhat decent last night. Okay, I'm lying, I thought the Slammys were actually pretty good. The only time I changed the channel (besides for commercial) was when K2 won Diva of the Year. So, I'm going to give my opinion on the awards and the winners, at least some.

1). 'Tell Me I Did Not Just See That' Moment of the Year: 'JR' Jim Ross-Okay, I didn't see that part of RAW from a few weeks ago because I forgot it was 3 hours that night. However, the clip was pretty damn unbelievable and worthy of an award. What followed made me want to quit listening to rap music, despite regaining interest due in part to Tyler the Creator. Michael Cole and JR...Eminem may not be dead, but he probably wishes he was if he saw that. I mean, even Lil Wayne makes better rhymes than that. Considering the fact that I'm black, it was also slightly offensive. I find myself saying that a lot when it comes to Michael Cole. That's a problem for me.

2). The Holy $#!& Moment of the Year: Mark Henry's superplex on the Big Show collapses the ring-In 2002 (or 3), that truly was a WTF moment. In 2011, not so much. I think that it still has the affect though, more so than some of the other moments of the category. Maybe the Air Bourne from off the ladder would have made a pretty good argument, but that's about it. Plus, it's always good to see legends, especially ones like Mick Foley and The Million Dollar Man.

3). Pipe Bomb of the Year: It's too obvious Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages, WWE proudly brings to you its 2011 nominees for Pipe Bomb of the Year! Yes, I loved that. Honestly, I don't why a pop was expected. That's another blog for another time for me. Anyway, CM Punk obviously won that. He brought out a mannequin doll as a metaphoric representation of John Laurinitis before giving him the 'Lifetime Achievement Award'. After watching that video, I wonder what the hell happened to his voice.

4). I'm skipping Divalicious Moment of the Year. Why? Because the only female that deserved to win that was Kharma. F**k the Blondes! Though I was happy to see Lita again.

5). OMG Moment of the Year: Triple H vs. The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 27-What the hell was so oh my god about that? I love The Undertaker, but that match is so 2001. I don't really have nothing more to say about that.

6). Game Changer of the Year: The Rock challenging John Cena to a match at Wrestlemania 28-I'm really starting to not like The Rock. I've always been in and out with John Cena so that really doesn't matter. But this storyline is starting to become a pain to watch. Edge retiring was a bigger game changer than that. Christian actually got propelled to main event status.

7). Trending Superstar of the Year: Zack Ryder-Zack Ryder has more of my respect than any other superstar on the roster. He went from being a nobody to a main eventer. It's only obvious he would win that award. WWWYKI!

8). A-Lister of the Year-Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi-I do watch the Jersey Shore, but that doesn't make me a fan. I just like feeling better about myself. If I was Ms.Piggy, I would put up an argument for that award. She gave a shoutout to her fellow guido, Zack Ryder. Ironically, she's from Chile, but raised by Italian parents. That doesn't make you a 'guidette' sweetie.

9). Superstar of the Year: CM Punk-I'm pretty sure all the John Cena haters love this one. I don't care because I actually like him, but it was stupid obvious that Punk was going to win that one. I don't know why so many people went crazy over the fact that Cena didn't win (by that, I mean they were so damn happy).

Yes, like everyone else, I was happy about Kane's return. His mask look like Doctor Doom meets Ironman, which I found quite amusing. While everyone was happy to see the mask again, I went crazy over his new music. It was a mix of his two themes, which sounded so great. I wasn't expecting his return though. I thought 1/2/12 was Kane. Maybe that person returning is The Undertaker.

Submit "Slammys 2011 Review" to Digg Submit "Slammys 2011 Review" to del.icio.us Submit "Slammys 2011 Review" to StumbleUpon Submit "Slammys 2011 Review" to Google

Updated 12-13-2011 at 08:45 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

This show wasn't good. At least CM Punk won Superstar Of The Year THANK GOD! But Kane's return was what saved the show.
    I wouldn't say Zack Ryder is a main eventerxD.

I think the reason everybody's so happy that Cena didnt was because it was fan voting and last year when Miz should have won it Cena did.
    It's all fixed though, remember that. If they didn't have Punk win the Superstar of the Year, and had Cena win it, EVERYONE would be pissed. They do what they think is best, even if the IWC doesn't think so.
    Pipe bomb of the year??????????? What a joke, my uncle lost an arm and hearing in 1 ear too a pipe bomb, why not have a holocaust of the year award or a 9/11 of the year award? Im sorry if this is insensitive too Jewish survivors or people who lost loved ones in the WTC attacks i just am from a country where children find IRA and UVF pipe bombs and i think wwe is sick for sensationalising this, btw shittest raw in about 5 years
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Nature boy
    Pipe bomb of the year??????????? What a joke, my uncle lost an arm and hearing in 1 ear too a pipe bomb, why not have a holocaust of the year award or a 9/11 of the year award? Im sorry if this is insensitive too Jewish survivors or people who lost loved ones in the WTC attacks i just am from a country where children find IRA and UVF pipe bombs and i think wwe is sick for sensationalising this, btw shittest raw in about 5 years
    uhhh, cool story bro?

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.