View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

Finishing Moves: Breaking the “Bickering Code" and 2011 Slammy Review

Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.

Hey Splashers! I just submitted my “Blog Wars:KOTR Edition: Top 3 PPV’s”. I’ve already read Knox’s and Rodrik’s and they both got a great read! Well enough of the pluggin, and let start the splashin!

Finishing Moves: Breaking the “Bickering Code”.
I watched TNA’s Final Resolution, and during the Kurt Angle/James Storm Match, Storm did attack him with a similar version of Jericho’s Code Breaker. He then followed it up with his own version of a Back Stabber. This caused a bit of a stir in the news as some fans were not happy that Storm used Jericho’s Code Breaker. When asked about this, Jericho himself just blew it off by saying “Who’s James Storm?”

However fans always seem to be annoyed when wrestlers, use other wrestler’s finishers. They actually seem to be more annoyed than the wrestler who created the move himself. Maybe it’s because wrestlers do not own these moves, and are subject to be used by anyone. If that was the case Randy Orton would not have the RKO, as it was already taken by DDP and his Diamond Cutter. And Page has hit The Cutter every way Orton has hit the RKO. If we want to refer to Orton again, just earlier this past year he had no problems using Kurt Angle’s Angle slam. If that’s not argument enough let’s go back to Jericho and his Walls of Jericho, which is nothing more than a Boston Crab, which he did not create. Jericho would not be able to use that move. Does this sound like something everyone else would want?

On the 2011 Slammy Edition of RAW
It was good to see some classic faces such as Lita and Road Dogg. There was a great segment when Cena called out the Rock to honor their award together, knowing he wasn’t there. He proved yet again, that “The Rock” couldn’t be bothered with the WWE Universe. The Slammy Awards themselves were not too bad, although the award was almost always practical, if not collateral like Zack Ryder was.

As for Kane’s return, I liked it. It gave me a shiver up my spine like he used to do. I liked the blow torch mask, but I’m not sure if I liked the new version of the Kane mask. Let’s see if it grows on me. Some friends of mine and talked, and we all wonder if bringing the Vintage Kane back is for a possible match for the Taker at WM28. I myself think a Taker/Kane at WM28 is just unneeded at this point in either of their careers. They had a great feud for the World Title last year with Paul Bearer in tow I might add. There’s no need to relive history just so soon. Lastly with the talk of Kane's Mask being the point of sale, now that Sin Cara is out only makes me question his injury even more.

RAW Also showed the 4th video of the January 2nd 2012 “It Begins” video. While the child was talking about the timing of his arrival, he referred to a female, as “She holds the mystery” to his arrival. When I first saw the Video Instantly thought Jericho or Taker. Now that the girl has been put into place over the past couple of weeks, it’s put a whole new spin on the thing. Last week the message told us to “look within”. A nice theory I would like for these promos is the return of Shane McMahon, and the girl is Stephanie allowing him to come back to the WWE. It’s either that or The Undertaker and Michelle McCool.

Well that’s it for this one guys. On my next splash, I’ll give you my complete thoughts on TNA’s Final Resolution 2011. Until next time..See ya when I see ya!
-Rick Starr @RickStarr

Submit "Finishing Moves: Breaking the “Bickering Code" and 2011 Slammy Review" to Digg Submit "Finishing Moves: Breaking the “Bickering Code" and 2011 Slammy Review" to del.icio.us Submit "Finishing Moves: Breaking the “Bickering Code" and 2011 Slammy Review" to StumbleUpon Submit "Finishing Moves: Breaking the “Bickering Code" and 2011 Slammy Review" to Google

Updated 12-13-2011 at 02:57 PM by Rick Starr

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I remember last year when Randy kept using the angle slam, and then at Lockdown Kurt used the Cutter on Jarrett.
    There was a great segment when Cena called out the Rock to honor their award together, knowing he wasn’t there. He proved yet again, that “The Rock” couldn’t be bothered with the WWE Universe.
    No offense but this week's episode of RAW was crap and most people would agree with me. Even Kane's return and seeing Road Dog and Lita again didn't make it worth a fan's time. That being said if it's not even worth our time can you imagine if it's worth the Rock's time? I thought Cena's segment was lame and more of the same old crap. How can it be great if we've seen it a million times now? I get it the Rock's too famous to be at RAW every week unlike Cena. To each their own I guess.
    Updated 12-14-2011 at 10:52 AM by Glamour Girl
    Brilliant blog Rick!I think its Jericho and Michelle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Girl
    No offense but this week's episode of RAW was crap and most people would agree with me. Even Kane's return and seeing Road Dog and Lita again didn't make it worth a fan's time. That being said if it's not even worth our time can you imagine if it's worth the Rock's time? I thought Cena's segment was lame and more of the same old crap. How can it be great if we've seen it a million times now? I get it the Rock's too famous to be at RAW every week unlike Cena. To each their own I guess.
    Thank you for making my point. The Rock is obviously a celebrity at this stage of career, NOT a wrestler. That's the mistake that everyone makes. They think that because he was once this phenomenal wrestler (Which he was I never doubted that), he can leave for almost a decade, and then come back the very same person...he didn't. But as you said, "To each thier own." I myself just don't honestly know why people blindly follow someone who has no passion for the WWE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamour Girl
    Thank you for making my point that the Rock is stale and lame.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.