View RSS Feed

StratZ-

The Rock: Overrated

Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.
Hey guys, I'm StratZ- 1st time blogging here on EWN. For my 1st blog, I'm gonna do it over The Rock being overrated. These are my opinions, but wouldn't be surprised if people began to start bashing :/

The Rock Returning to the WWE

Everyone was hyped for The Rock to come back to the WWE! Everyone was ready for him to start wrestling again and perform for the WWE Universe! But wait, he has only wrestled... Once? Sure, he's made a few appearance LIVE, but most of them were, well lets face it, most of them were via Satellite! How is he back in the WWE when he's never there for the WWE!?! Heck, if he was there, Cena vs Rock feud would be 10x better! Everyone says that its not such a great feud because there hasn't been such a great build up for it, well wouldn't it be better if the Rock was there to help build it up? I think that everyone just thinks "oh man, the rock is so great! He's a tooth fairy that wrestles!" When he hardly does.. I think people need to stop bashing no Cena all the time, and look at it from a different perspective, Cena hater or lover.

The Rocks in-ring & mic Ability

So from what i see, Cena & Rock have the same in-ring ability. 5 Knuckle Shuffle, People's Elbow. Same stuff. The Rock & Cena are both like Hulk Hogan. Not so great in the ring, but good on the mic! So don't try saying that The Rock is better at wrestling then Cena because he just isn't! Now, they both have great mic skills! Heel or Face, the crowd listened and loved it!

Wrestlemania

Now Wrestlemania could go either way. Both would make great money from merchandise, but this could change Cena storyline IF The Rock won. The Rock wins, Cena is all pissed off and attacks him from behind and lays him out to end the show. Cena wins, people start booing, he can't stand it anymore and attacks The Rock to show that the fans should be booing him because he's the one that left the WWE and he's the one that should stay out! Lets face it, whats going to happen after Wrestlemania between these 2? There's not much you can do.

Conclusion

This is my opinion on why i think the Rock is overrated and why people need to start giving Cena some credit. Thanks guys!

StratZ-

Submit "The Rock: Overrated" to Digg Submit "The Rock: Overrated" to del.icio.us Submit "The Rock: Overrated" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Rock: Overrated" to Google

Updated 12-11-2011 at 11:20 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    I don't understand the overrated aspect of the "Wrestlemania" title. But you made some good points. I wouldn't say hes exactly overrated, because he did have people in the palm of his hands when he was around full time in the Attitude Era. He was the WWE's biggest cash cow, and got the biggest pops almost every time he was in the arena. Hes not known for his wrestling ability, because lets face it, hes not that good in the ring. But hes one of the best on the mic, because of the way he delivers - even though his promos are almost the same each time. But Attitude Era fans are blinded by nostalgia, and never look at The Rock's weaknesses.
    I disagree. Compare to the Rock, John Cena is more overrated. Sure the Rock and John Cena might have the same moves.. etc.. but The Rock is more entertaining. The Rock actually sends those chilling kick-ass promo likes. John Cena on the other hand, his promos is the same old crap, boring, whining, over and over again. The Rock is overrated? Look at all of these threads about John Cena in the blog forum. You did not explain why and how the Rock is overrated in your blog, you just bash the Rock having the same similarities as John Cena and explains how the feud between Rock vs. Cena would go. I would rather say that the Rock is more entertaining than Cena.
    You CANNOT be overrated when you made a name for yourself around that time. Cena, on the other hand, is currently the top dog due to the fact that none of these young kids have "it". Rock was one of the top guys in the attitude era.. Do I need to explain that?
    well you just kinda hating on the rock, stated some good points that everyone already knows about
    How is he back in the WWE when he's never there for the WWE!. same stuff repeated by all the rock haters.

The Rocks in-ring & mic Ability

So from what i see, Cena & Rock have the same in-ring ability. 5 Knuckle Shuffle, People's Elbow. Same stuff. The Rock & Cena are both like Hulk Hogan. Not so great in the ring, but good on the mic!So don't try saying that The Rock is better at wrestling then Cena because he just isn't!

do not compare the rock to john cena at wrestling, granted the rock isnt the best but he is far from "stiff, cant sell a move" cena.
    The rock is an athlete, and a "damn good" entertainer.
    Cena, is a bodybuilder, and an above average entertainer. no comparison
    Crap, crap crap havent seen a blog on here thats so full of shit
    Ok, I get that people have their opinion on wrestlers and everything but has anyone who blogs on here actually ever seen the matches The Rock wrestled?
    The Rock vs Triple H...take your pick...Iron Man match, ladder match or 2 out of 3 falls and every match was great. And if you actually have watched those mathes, no one can say it was cause Triple H carried him.
    Stone Cold vs The Rock...watch any of their Wrestlemania matches.
    The Rock vs Mankind or Kurt Angle or Chris Jericho and no one should say that The Rock's wrestling skills are overrated or on the same par as the 5 knuckle shuffle.
    [QUOTE=Chaston80;bt50446]Ok, I get that people have their opinion on wrestlers and everything but has anyone who blogs on here actually ever seen the matches The Rock wrestled?
    The Rock vs Triple H...take your pick...Iron Man match, ladder match or 2 out of 3 falls and every match was great. And if you actually have watched those mathes, no one can say it was cause Triple H carried him.
    Stone Cold vs The Rock...watch any of their Wrestlemania matches.
    The Rock vs Mankind or Kurt Angle or Chris Jericho and no one should say that The Rock's wrestling skills are overrated or on the same par as the 5 knuckle shuffle.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY This Right Here just killed your blog ^^^. People are just mad because he left to have a better career and not be a Cena, Orton and Punk slave in the WWE. These new fans which are called "WWE UNIVERSE" suck big F***** Balls to say that John Cena, Randy Orton and Cm Punk are better than The Rock get the F*** outta here I rather watch The Rock vs Austin, The Rock vs Triple H, The Rock vs Mankind, The Rock vs Undertaker, The Rock vs Kurt Angle, The Rock vs Brock Lesnar, The Rock vs Eddie Guerrero, The Rock vs Chris Benoit, The Rock vs Chris Jericho, The Rock vs Goldberg, The Rock vs Big Show than any of Cm Punk, Randy Orton and John Cena matches cuz they aren't that really entertaining than all of the matches I mention of The Rock. Call me a Rock mark or a sheep don't give a fuck I cheer for the wrestling entertainers who actually ENTERTAIN the crowd.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.