View RSS Feed

Chaston80

The Hulk Hogan problem.

Rate this Entry
In the 80's there was no bigger draw or star in wrestling than Hulk Hogan. He was a real life super hero and he never seemed to lose. He beat heal after heal and had long lasting title runs that you dont see anymore. But than after a few years something went wrong...Hulk Hogan was a real life super hero who never got beat. He had the same moves and spouted the same rhetoric and his matches always ended fairly the same. Any of this sound familiar? If it sounds like John Cena now, than you may see where I am going with this.

Everyone is talking about Cena and The Rock (or for you haters out there who seem so intent on forgetting what he has done for wrestling, Dwayne). Should Cena lose or win? Should Cena turn heel or just change his character a bit? I have my own opinions of WrestleMania 28 and just because I think The Rock has earned it, should win the match. It wont hurt Cena in any way and its literally what 90% of the fans want. But that isnt what this blog is about.

Cena is in the same predicament that Hogan faced in the 90's. Everyone was tired of the same old thing every time Hogan came out. Same wrestling moves and same speeches and no one ever seemed to beat him. Yet Hogan finally did the one thing that made him interesting again. He told the fans to kiss his ass and formed the NWO. This heel turn was so unexpected and so welcomed that the fans embraced it completely. It was such a success that WCW started kicking WWE's teeth in, in the ratings.

The surprising thing is that WWE knows this and yet they refuse to do anything about this. They could turn Cena heel and make him interesting again. This would open up so many opportunities for other stars to rise and for new story lines to form. WWE knows the formula to use and because they know how WCW screwed it up they can actually improve the formula for success and Cena is the key. John Cena is today's Hulk Hogan and there is no denying it. Its time to fix the problem.

Submit "The Hulk Hogan problem." to Digg Submit "The Hulk Hogan problem." to del.icio.us Submit "The Hulk Hogan problem." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Hulk Hogan problem." to Google

Comments

I Agree with you 100%! However I don't think Cena was the very first attempt at a "Hulk Hogan remake." Other names or faces could be "Stone Cold" Steve Austin for the Attitude era. Then we almost had The Ultimate Warrior, however that was an utter failure on his own behalf.
    Oh boy, I haven't read THIS type of thread, ever.

I wish there was some new material out there some where. The Cena/Hogan comparisons are getting old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane of Balin
    Oh boy, I haven't read THIS type of thread, ever.

I wish there was some new material out there some where. The Cena/Hogan comparisons are getting old.
    Try read some of my blogs, some you might like and some you mightened but I try to be original with my idea's

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.