View RSS Feed

Callum

Does the WWE Need a 3rd brand again?

Rate this Entry
Wwe Superstars started April 2009 and Wwe Nxt started Febuary 2010. Wwe nxt replaced Ecw which was a great show.*

Wwe Superstars
It was thought that this was going to be a great show showcasing some of the Wwe's best main talent. Let's look at the first ever show's matches:

Cody Rhodes def. Shane McMahon by disqualification*

Christian def. Finlay, earning the right to face ECW Champion Jack Swagger at Backlash*

Undertaker def. Matt Hardy by count-out; Jeff Hardy attacked his brother*

Now let's look at this week's matches:
* Mason Ryan defeated Drew McIntyre.

* Epico (w/ Primo and Rosa Mendes) defeated Evan Bourne

* Justin Gabriel defeated Tyson Kidd

* Jack Swagger defeated Trent Baretta*

I'm not saying that it needs to have all the main eventers on it but *they made it out to be more like that.

Wwe Nxt
Nxt started and it was great at first. We had *popular superstars as the mentors and we got: Justin Gabriel,Wade Barett and Daniel Bryan out of it.
Lets look at the series 1 contestants and mentors:

Wade Barrett with*Chris Jericho
David Otunga with*R Truth*
Justin Gabriel with*Matt Hardy
Heath Slater with*Christian
Darren Young with*CM Punk
Skip Sheffield with*William Regal
Daniel Bryan with*The Miz
Michael Tarver with*Carlito
Now the current series contestants and mentors:

*Derrick Bateman with*Daniel Bryan
Titus O'Neil*with*Hornswoggle
Darren Young with*Chavo Guerrero
Conor O'Brian with*Vladimir Kozlov
Lucky Cannon with*Tyson Kid*
Byron Saxton with*Yoshi Tatsu
Jacob Novak with*JTG

Look at the pros on the first season compared to the current season.

Now let's look at what's happened to the winners:
Wade Barett
Has had great success and is now one of the best superstars who will soon be on the championship scene.

Kaval
Invoked his championship shot and lost. Was released from his contract in December. Although Alex Riley has been successful.

Kaitlyn
Went into the tag team Chickbusters, she's done quite well.

Johnny Curtis
Has not really done everything and has never been able to invoke his tag team championship match.

All I'm saying is I don't think wwe should ever of gotten rid of Ecw. The reality of wwe superstars and wwe Nxt turned out to be completely different to how it was planned and I wouldn't mind a new show to be a 3rd brand. This brand could showcase all the talent that doesn't get much tv time there could be a championship so some of these superstars could hasp pear at paper views.

The potential for both these shows was great but Wwe failed to deliver with them.
I look forward to reading your comments

Submit "Does the WWE Need a 3rd brand again?" to Digg Submit "Does the WWE Need a 3rd brand again?" to del.icio.us Submit "Does the WWE Need a 3rd brand again?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Does the WWE Need a 3rd brand again?" to Google

Updated 12-08-2011 at 09:03 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Just wait for the Network dude, they say its going to have live in ring action, and lets face it NXT and Superstars are not enough for a whole network, there will be a new show, maybe 2hrs, mid week. They may use FCW talent and a few guys who are not involved in TV storylines, buy a hall somewhere and have shows just from it. Cheaper to produce and helps develop their current talent/writers also help signing new talent as well. (Given they will be on TV just not RAW)
    I think the problem is that the WWE has lost too much great talent. ECW was great at the beggining with guys like Matt Hardy or Bobby Lashley. By the end of it Shelton Benjamin and Yoshi Tatsu were jockeying for number two spot. Right now the WWE is going the opposite direction. They're combining Raw and Smackdown because it's the only way to keep it interesting. I loved when they were able to have three brands, but now the only way it could be practical is if they develop more talent and stop pushing some of the best wrestlers away.
    I agree there seems to be too much lost talent in the mix. which I dont know why they dont tag team up those guys who are doing nothing!
    Really thing a 3rd a brand isn't needed...

Superstars is their to basically push the lower mid card wrestlers, more then anything these days...
    While NXt have sorta went away from the Rookie/Pro concept and more of a third brand in a since it a place for lower mid-card/ undercard guys to showcase their talent.... If anything WWE needs new title for both shows maybe??
    Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1
    Really thing a 3rd a brand isn't needed...

Superstars is their to basically push the lower mid card wrestlers, more then anything these days...
    While NXt have sorta went away from the Rookie/Pro concept and more of a third brand in a since it a place for lower mid-card/ undercard guys to showcase their talent.... If anything WWE needs new title for both shows maybe??
    Totally agree, this would be better than a whole new 3rd brand
    A 3rd brand? They need only one Brand.... They don't even have the talent to properly do a second brand
    WWE needs more talent for a third brand, and I believe that with brands mashing together, superstars seems redundant.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.