View RSS Feed

RatedATB

Raw Thoughts: 12/5/2011 - A night of Zack Ryder...WOO WOO WOO!

Rate this Entry
What's poppin folks, RatedATB back at it again with my Raw thoughts. Not a ton to say so without further ado...

We open up with Cena doing his usual thing and I'm sitting in fear as he says he wants to challenge for the WWE championship. Can't they find something interesting to do with him rather than just the same old shit? Well ADR, Ziggles, and Miz come out and they do the usual "this is why I deserve to challenge for the title." Laurengytis makes the tournament-like deal which isnt too bad of an idea and we are brought into our first match...

Match #1 - Miz vs. Orton
I'll be honest, when I heard Orton's theme I saw the end coming a mile away, but it made sense and worked so I wasn't upset with it, other than the predictability of it. Can't really give a rating because not much really happened. Oh well...

I actually like the match being made between Cena/Ryder. The biggest supporter of Ryder against the man himself. Seems like they're putting a lot into Ryder but I still wish he'd be taken a bit more serious or at least act as such.

Match #2 - ADR vs. Daniel Bryan
Nothing special here and I'm starting to get mad at the fact that once Bryan picks up some steam he falls back off and they bury him. Idk what he did or said, or didn't do or say but it's kind of ridiculous for a guy that will be wrestling for the World Title at Wrestle-Freaking-Mania. No rating.

Match #3 - Kelly/Eve vs. Divas of Doom
Bleh...All I can say is nice touch with the promo within a promo *inception sound* for the whole "second2012" deal. No rating

Match #4 - Zack Ryder vs. John Cena
You gotta hand it to the guy...at the beginning of the year Ryder was nobody, and now he's wrestling John Cena and in a match that isn't a squash. That just shows you the power of the internet. Also I think Ryder proved he can put on a good match because I really enjoyed this. 3/5 for what it was, which was an exciting match and that's all you can ask for.

Why...didn't they just have Ryder win if Cena was going to give up his shot or just not even have Cena's shot in the title match be at question...

Match #5 - Zack Ryder vs. Mark Henry
Gee....didn't see that coming...again why not just have...eh whatever we finally get to see Ryder get the title shot so it's whatever. Nothing special considering this was about 2 minutes. Kind of a waste but again, at least Ryder has the shot and that's what everyone wants so we'll go with it.

Match #6 Kevin Nash vs. Santino Marella
Santino huh...My god this whole night has been more than predictable. No rating here because...well...it doesn't deserve one lol. All I really have to say is a ladder match? Really? HHH and Kevin No-Knees in a ladder match? I thought for sure they'd do a chair match but why waste a ladder match on Nash? Lmao

Match #7 - Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus
Gotta hand it to WWE, they really did have a lot of wrestling on the show. Hell they had more matches tonight than they had at Survivor Series. Even if they were less than 3 minutes each...Anyway I'm big on both of these guys and this was a pretty entertaining match, no surprises here since Ziggler is a king. I'll give the match a 2.5/5 since it didn't last long and they had the shenanigans at the end, but glad to see them build the U.S. title match between Ryder/Ziggler. It feels like they're bringing importance back to the U.S. title which is always a plus so no complaints here.

Contract Signing Stuff -
Not too bad a promo, but what do you expect when you have Punk and Miz. Even Del Rio is ok in his own right. I think this'll be a good match and I'll look forward to it. Not a whole lot to say here; your typical contract signing and it builds the ppv decently, I just wish they would've started it a week or two earlier to strengthen the build but w/e.

Overall a very lackluster Raw. So predictable and boring, even the high spots were lackluster. I hope they do something next week, what with it being the Slammy's and the go-home show for TLC. Also no Brodus Clay? What up? I'm not huge on him but it's like the 5th or 6th week in a row. They can't find 3 minutes for the guy so we can just get it over with? At least this week they didn't play it off and book him for next week, they must know they'll do 20 re-writes (which has become a problem). Well until next time it's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun. Deuces.

Submit "Raw Thoughts: 12/5/2011 - A night of Zack Ryder...WOO WOO WOO!" to Digg Submit "Raw Thoughts: 12/5/2011 - A night of Zack Ryder...WOO WOO WOO!" to del.icio.us Submit "Raw Thoughts: 12/5/2011 - A night of Zack Ryder...WOO WOO WOO!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Raw Thoughts: 12/5/2011 - A night of Zack Ryder...WOO WOO WOO!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ryder vs Cena in my option was awful!
    I think if Zack Ryder loses his match against Dolph, Cena will come out and turn on Zack and turn heel in the process. Thats the best way to book it. Have Cena turn on Zack because Cena gave up his title shot for Zack just for Zack to end up losing.
    It was an okay Raw. Better than most Raws in November. Nothing rememberal but A LOT better then that x-mas Smackdown.
    Ryder doesn't deserve TV time just for having dumbasses sign a form, if you were to ask a lot of people on the internet to lick dog shit, they would.
    I hate zack Ryder the guy is a definition of a butt pirate. He's a retard.

John Cena cuts about the worst promos I have ever seen in my life. The Title match for TLC is just thrown together with no build at all and then Kevin Nash vs HHH has nothing to it besides for nash hitting HHH with the hammer wow thats amazing. Del Rio needs to be sent back to FCW to get better promo skills and learn how to be exciting in the ring. Where was Brodus Clay as well they mention him in the final promo and he is nowhere to be found, yet again. Good thing they had that divas match or that Nash vs santino match instead! Also why be so predictable and have Orton vs miz we all know how that will end. How about Del Rio vs Bryan we all knew where that was headed. Ziggler vs Sheamus we all knew that was going to be a loss by Ziggler because Butt pirate Ryder needs his title shot god damn i hope they just give him that US Title and tell him to shut the hell up.
    Why...didn't they just have Ryder win if Cena was going to give up his shot or just not even have Cena's shot in the title match be at question...
    I believe the reason was simple. It was to help Cena regain his face status. I mean sure he was still a face by name but the crowd hates him and Vince clearly doesn't want his golden boy to become a heel so by having Cena sacrifice his title shot for Ryder he gains simpathy from the fans and is cool by association without really putting Ryder over.
    Wrestlinfan608... i haven't been here but more than a day or two, but you either desperately need some time away from wrestling or are quite possibly the most depressing individual I've ever witnessed writing on the internet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.