View RSS Feed

mnmccaslin

What SHOULD Happen With "The Streak"

Rate this Entry
Ok, I am speculating like a lot of you on who Undertaker's next victim should be for 20-0......and I have figured out a dream match for the streak, the way to book it, and it is a retirement match on both sides.

First, don't have Taker wrestle at this year's mania. Everyone is already paying attention to the Rock-Cena fiasco and the streak needs to be the focal point of the show.

In January of 2013 or even in November of 2012, like around Survivor Series have the Undertaker show up. He'll talk about how he only has enough left to take one last soul and that he doesn't think that there's anyone left to face him..........THE GLASS SHATTERS!!!!!!!!!

Stone Cold comes out and says he's watched the streak extend over these last few years and he thinks he can be the one to end it, says that he never got a crack at the Deadman at Mania and if he ever had then the streak would've ended long ago. Says that it maybe 10 years since he wrestled, but he still can open up a can on that dead ass of yours and let's do it at Mania!!

That would give you ample time for hype and press and you could build the whole card around it and tag it as "One Final Round." Stone Cold should be put in that spot, if he really has the itch for one more match then it shouldn't be against CM Punk, and Cena shouldn't get the Deadman at Mania. He doesn't need it and doesn't look right in that spot. Nobody can end the streak, it has gone on for too long. If they would have booked it to end 10 years ago then it wouldn't be a big deal, but now that "The Streak is "THE STREAK" they can't end it because whoever does it will be booed and never able to get over because fans will despise him for ending it. It would be a good final match for both guys.

I loved Austin's match with The Rock at 19, but I think Stone Cold wasn't firing on all cylinders and he's even said that it wasn't his best and if he wants one more then he needs someone who knows how to protect his neck. And Taker needs someone that he is familiar with and can work with and will give him a solid final match. Not Kane, not HHH, not HBK, not Punk, not Alberto and NOT CENA. It would give the fans one last nostalgia act and serve as a perfect swan song for both guys.

Submit "What SHOULD Happen With "The Streak"" to Digg Submit "What SHOULD Happen With "The Streak"" to del.icio.us Submit "What SHOULD Happen With "The Streak"" to StumbleUpon Submit "What SHOULD Happen With "The Streak"" to Google

Updated 12-06-2011 at 12:52 AM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    would never happen
    I think the only person to fight Undertaker at Wrestlemania, should be Kane. He's the only person that makes sense. Whether Taker wins or loses, Kane would be the best and only choice...especially if it's the latter.

I mean it wouldn't be too great of a match, but Jimmy Snuka wouldn't be a bad idea either. End the streak with the guy who started it, you know?
    everyone would boo the person who ends it?

Why do you assume that everyone LOVES the Undertaker? He's got the most stale act on the planet... and talk about a robot. He can't move well, he has a 3-4 move set, and WWE is still PG, so he can't do anything risque...

I think a young guy like Barrett or Bryan would be the ideal choice to end the streak.
    now that "The Streak is "THE STREAK" they can't end it because whoever does it will be booed and never able to get over because fans will despise him for ending it

fair point but I'm sure WWE would want them hated seeing as it's most likely going to be a heel to be the one to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath_Decka
    everyone would boo the person who ends it?

Why do you assume that everyone LOVES the Undertaker? He's got the most stale act on the planet... and talk about a robot. He can't move well, he has a 3-4 move set, and WWE is still PG, so he can't do anything risque...

I think a young guy like Barrett or Bryan would be the ideal choice to end the streak.
    Oh u said Rock was robotic & stale in the other blog & here u r saying Undertaker has got the most stale act on the planet.Let me guess u started watching wrestling in 2006,,cause otherwise u never would have said such things about 2 of the absolute greats.
    Nice to see I have someone doing their homework nafee..

I've actually watched wrestling since 1994ish.. I'm in the business, an experienced former professional wrestler, so I know my stuff.

I'd be interested to hear your arguments on how the undertaker's gimmick ISN'T stale, and how he could possibly put on an exciting match on his old-man knees that he has.

As for the Rock, he's so much better since he came back recently. However, back in 2001-2002, he was the definition of what everyone is complaining about Cena...

Sure, Rocky and Taker are greats, but that doesn't mean they will always be great.
    I say Angle. He can carry the match (Taker might need some help) and with the Olympics it would be a bigger draw
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.