View RSS Feed

Iscariot

Successfully turning R-Truth face again

Rate this Entry
We read the rumours: When R-Truth returns from his suspension to to trangressing the wellnesspolicy, he'll be back as a face. Is that possible to do and still keep him interesting? I think so!

Let's for a minute forget that trainload of failure which was the old R-Truth as a face, and consentrate on why he has become so much fun after becoming a heel. His promos, and the way they give us glimpses into the alternate reality he seems til live in.

Now, he became a heel because he felt he was overlooked and not taken seriously has the happy-go-lucky, childfriendly rapper. And he had success for a while, but after getting jumped and taken out by The Miz, he should be rethinking his strategy.

Now my suggestion would be to turn his insanity up to 11. Le him use all his capabilities in trying to win over "the little jimmys". He could try to adopt different well know face-mannerism. From Hogans ripping the shirt and listening to the crowd, to Ultimate Warriors tazzles and ropeshaking, or Mysterios mask,Santinos air-trombone, Bret Harts pink colorsheme, Austins ATV, Undertakers sit-up, The Rocks tonguework, Cena's salute. Each time with ring gear trying to capture the style of the wrestler his trying to emulate.

Of course he'll misunderstand just WHY they worked for the previous heroes, and he should misquote catchphrases, mess up finishers, crash the ATV, and fail to rip his t-shirt... Maybe even trying to rap the themesongs of the wrestlers he copies. The sky's the limit, and it should be just the kind of humor Vince likes.

He would work as a face, just like Donald Duck, because of his bumbling and quick temper, and honest attempt to be popular and "a GOOOOOD R-Truth!" while failing miserably at both from time to time.

Have his matches against popular heels, and let him tag with faces who never really know what he'll do next. It could lead to symphaty from the fans, and they would get on his side, leading to a full face-turn or he could turn back as a pure heel again if need be. And keeping the options open seems to be important with the on-the-fly booking WWE tend to do.

Would you like to see R-Warrior in full face paint shaking the ropes, R-Hart putting a sharpshoter on himself or R-Taker stubbing his toes in the dark and getting freaked out by the fireworks?

Submit "Successfully turning R-Truth face again" to Digg Submit "Successfully turning R-Truth face again" to del.icio.us Submit "Successfully turning R-Truth face again" to StumbleUpon Submit "Successfully turning R-Truth face again" to Google

Tags: r-truth, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    love the idea haha
    Horrible idea. I don't see it working well for Truth. It kinda worked for Eugene, who mimicked several top wrestlers back in the day, but he took that gimmick to the level that it needed. Besides, R Truth is a good wrestler, and shouldn't be wasted being a comedy jobber like Santino. I'd rather just have him do his Little - Jimmy sthick, except as a face.
    R-Truth coming back as a face is a gud idea..but, not the mimicking way..R-Truth is an estd wrestler with UNIQUE move set...he should not waste himself in mimicking others...
    Don't really like the idea tbh. I am afraid he will go back to mid-card hell just with a different gimmick. He should still do you suck as his theme just towards his opponent.
    Well, the point would be to try and win the crowd over by going over the top, not the mimicing per say. Personally I would keep him as a unstable but hilarious heel, and let him jump around from feud to feud i the midcard.
    I think it may have happened for the 'Little Jimmy' merchandise
    i rarely comment on anything but this made me need to because flat-out this idea sucks. mimicking another superstar in my book is never a good idea unless u make it seem like ur idea completely by add in ur own personality. but this sounds like u want R Truth to fail. because the last person who did this is not there anymore(Charlie Hass). so how about have R Truth comeback the same way he left only instead of him going against the Little Jimmys have him agree with them but still keep his insanity
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.