View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Cena, Miz, and TNA.

Rate this Entry
I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving.

Thank you to everyone who has read and commented on my first blog last week. There were some who agreed with what I said and others who didn't. Either way, I pride myself on trying to think as objectively and realistically as possible. So what I write, might not always be the most popular, and some may say I'm flat out wrong, but what I give is my honest opinion. I'm not an insider or involved with the biz in anyway, so I'm speaking like a true fan.

Having Said That:

What does the WWE do with John Cena now? We are in a tough spot because there's 5 months before Wrestlemania. It's too close for him to get involved in something else or another feud and too far away to just focus specifically on The Rock and Wrestlemania. Plus, since he's fighting The Rock at Wrestlemania, is there a reason to involve him in The Royal Rumble?

I think last night was the start of something special. I think he's eventually going to crack and the heel turn we all want, will either happen, or come just so darn close. He was on Piper's Pit, it was a nice start to Raw, teasing some controversy, and he was out. Quick, painless, and they focused on other stuff to build around. Look for more of this to happen. More involvement by legends, more booing, and more built up frustration. My only hope is they keep Michael Cole out of it. That guy could ruin a wet dream twice.

What about The Miz? What's his deal going to be? I figure R Truth will be back in a month, so they need something for The Miz to do between now and then. A different feud wouldn't really make sense, as there won't be much time for it to develop. If they wanna push him as someone who's on a mission to destroy people, then who's next? Both R Truth and John Morrison had purpose behind it. He was connected with them at some point, plus R Truth was suspended and Morrison is leaving, or so has been reported. Much like Cena, look for Miz's involvement to be sporadic until R Truth returns.

I'm finally going to touch a little bit on TNA. I didn't last time and I almost didn't this time, but there are a few things worth mentioning. What do we do with TNA? There are many things that need to be done, but if we go baby steps at a time, then there might be some hope.

First, they need to let go of the past. Long gone are the days of the NWO, the Hogan/Bischoff regime. The big gang faction doesn't interest people anymore unless you do something innovative with it. Times have changed so they need to stop running the place like it's 15 years ago.

Second, they need to stop showcasing the WWF/WWE Used-To-Be's. Mid-carders who got released by WWE, do not suddenly become main-eventers just because they switched promotions. AJ Styles, Crimson, Bobby Roode, James Storm, Gunner, The Pope, these guys are the cornerstones of your organization. Build around them and let the aging but established guys like RVD, Scott Steiner, and Jeff Jarrett compliment them. Not the other way around. Again, it's not WCW from 15 years ago. Don't hold the young talent back.

Also, stop trying to recreate the Attitude Era. That is another time in wrestling that is long gone. Not everyone has to curse. Mr Anderson is not Stone Cold Steve Austin, so stop trying to make him that way. Gang fights and run-ins are stale.

Finally, stop being afraid. You're allowed to have a face champion. You're allowed to travel. You're allowed to charge admission. And you're allowed to change with the times. Heel turns are good if they make sense, but since I started following earlier this year, I've seen 4 heel turns take place immediately following a World Title victory. Jeff Hardy, Mr. Anderson, Kurt Angle, and now Bobby Roode. And in each case, it ruined a great match, and there was no real purpose behind it. Charge admission. If even for $5 or $10 to start, if you can't sell out the little amphitheater that is the Impact Zone, then you shouldn't be in business anyway. Travel. Get your name out there. There's a whole country full of wrestling fans and they are craving a real competitor. Finally, change. Let go of what wrestling used to be and embrace what it is today. Work with your top performers on mic skills, working matches more cleanly, and have character and charisma. Be innovative and proactive, not reactive.

I know this went a little longer than I expected and I apologize. But that's all I have for now. I hope they don't drop the ball on tonight's live Smackdown. I look forward to your comments I'll be posting about that and TNA at the end of this week. Take Care Everyone.

Submit "Cena, Miz, and TNA." to Digg Submit "Cena, Miz, and TNA." to del.icio.us Submit "Cena, Miz, and TNA." to StumbleUpon Submit "Cena, Miz, and TNA." to Google

Updated 11-30-2011 at 11:08 AM by DK Wrestling Savior

Tags: cena, tna
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Cena is kind of doing the Bret Hart angle of 1996/97. Instead of Americans hating Bret and the rest of the world loving him, you have teenage and older males hating Cena and women and kids loving him. So to half of us he is a heel. We boo him. Why turn the women and kids against him too? Do you realize how much money in merchindise they'd loose?
    Also, thank you for bringing up the pointless heel turns in TNA. It seems like as soon as someone wins the title they turn heel just to turn back to a face when they loose it. It makes no sense.
    I don't buy into this notion that merchandise sales will drop if John Cena turns heel. If anything, the teenage fans that hate Cena now will get into his fresh merch under his heel persona. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't John Cena become popular when he was doing the heel rapper gimmick?
    They can also fix things. Look at Shawn Michaels when he turned heel to fight Hogan. Immediately following the match, he was face again. They did the heel turn because they knew Hogan would draw more positive reactions.

Here's the solution. Turn him heel. Then, no matter who wins the match at Mania, have his next feud come in and attack The Rock and have Cena make the save, he and Rock shake hands. History is made. Cena is back as the top face. etc...

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.