View RSS Feed

scribbler_jones

Justin Gabriel, the Capetown Werewolf

Rate this Entry
Hi everyone, Scribbler Jones here. I haven't written in a while, sorry about that, but I wanted to speak and share my opinions of another WWE Superstar that caught my eye recently: the South African Sensation, Justin Gabriel.

When the Nexus hit the scene and wrecked shop every Monday on RAW, I was particularly interested in the guy who always jumped to the top turnbuckle and went for the 450 Splash. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of diving-type finishers, but this guy got my attention. Not just the move, mind you. I was intrigued in the fact that he was one of the smaller guys in Nexus - as opposed to Barrett and Sheffield and the like. I liked his look and his moves from what little I saw on NXT (I just never really got into NXT so I didn't see much of him in action because I never really watched it.) From there, I watched as he went on to join The Corre (aka the Nexus of Smackdown.) And from there, I've been keeping up with him as he moved on to forging his own singles career.

First, I'm a fan of the Capetown Werewolf. I like the fact that he seems to have a devil-may-care attitude in the ring, and I like the fact that he's a great face without having to pander super hard to the crowd - he just seems like a naturally likeable person. I even liked those studded wristbands he wore (miffed that he doesn't seem to be wearing them anymore... bummer) because they gave him a slight rock star/unconventional appeal. And he seems well-educated in the ring (that one time Heath Slater tried to arm drag him and he landed on his feet = priceless.) Overall, I'm cool with Justin Gabriel.

Admittedly, there are some things I'd like to see done with Gabriel in the future. For one thing, I'd like to see them do more to sell him as the "Capetown Werewolf." Nothing too out there, mind you. I see Gabriel as a cool and collected guy - until the heat of battle gets to him. Then I see his persona changing slightly. Not like "psycho" Randy Orton, but a little more subtly... He becomes more reckless, more daring, more dangerous. I see him ramping up the high-impact, high-risk moves and launching some super-impressive and innovative counter moves (like countering a military press into a reverse hurricanrana! -sigh- I can dream...) and his personality becomes a lot more devil-may-care, like "who gives a #### let's do this!" If creative wanted to work this outside of the ring, maybe toy with the idea of Justin balancing his calm, fun-loving side with his more adventurous and daredevil side.

Next - and not quite as major - I would like to see him pick up at least one or two additional special moves. Kind of like Kofi adopting the S.O.S. (aka the Ranhei.) The 450 won't always put away the opponent, and it will be neat to see Justin win (or at least "change the momentum" as the announcers do so love to say) with a new move. Just saying.

In short, I like the South African Sensation and would like to see his character fleshed out even more. Any thoughts?

Submit "Justin Gabriel, the Capetown Werewolf" to Digg Submit "Justin Gabriel, the Capetown Werewolf" to del.icio.us Submit "Justin Gabriel, the Capetown Werewolf" to StumbleUpon Submit "Justin Gabriel, the Capetown Werewolf" to Google

Comments

Gud Blog...I also love him very much!!! They should give him more match time...so that he cna show his talent....he like many other young talent...is being wasted by WWE!!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.