View RSS Feed

profplum

John Cena's Heel Turn

Rate this Entry
So first time blogger here but its an idea that I think may be valid.I know after raw on Monday a lot of people see it as a start of the long awaited John Cena heel turn. Now I've been watching wrestling since I was very young my brother introduced me too it around WM9, the infamous one. I actually love this event purely for nostalgia reasons which is another story for another time (maybe).

Anyway I was there for the start of Cenas career, I watched him challenge Kurt Angle on smackdown on a Saturday morning (that's when smackdown used to be shown over here). So I was a big fan of his from the start, I was part of the 'Chain Gang', I wore the word-life hoody,I was happy when he won the title from JBL at WM21, then slowly it started to change.

The chase was over, Cena was champ. Was I happy? Yes but for how long. A year maybe a year and a half later, I'm not sure because it was a gradual thing but I started to resent Cena, he was the champ and he was unstoppable. I remember watching ppv's and coming to the last match praying for Umaga, Orton, Kahli and others to win just for something different. Now i know he did loose the title to Edge and Kahli and others during this time but it just felt like he was always winning.

Now don't get me wrong, just because I'm not a fan of John Cena doesn't mean I don't respect the hell out of him. I met him once at a hotel the whole raw crew was staying at and I have to say John Cena the man is a class act, John Cena the character is stale. Which brings me to my title.

The crowd is split but it is not an even split, the women and the children shout ''Lets go Cena'' the men and teenagers shout ''Cena Sucks'', who's cheering for his opponent? Has John Cena become the biggest face and heel in the WWE.Think about it because I'm not saying I am 100% right but if it is true it could explain the dropping numbers in attendance and on ppv.

So if I bring up the problem I may as well offer a solution and its not even original but at least I have reasoning behind it. Turn John Cena Heel. Why you may ask. Well look at the audience, the people booing him are sick of having him play the ultimate face so they boo him and there is no way I can see Cena winning them over.So that leaves the women and kids, the women will find some other hunk to cheer for if he is pushed right. The kids, ah the kids, look remember said I still love WM9, its because I was young and no matter what pile of shite the WWE had served up I was a fan and there was no changing that be it Hulk Hogan or Bret Hart was the main face of the company. It is the same these days if they push a new face the kids will follow.

Look maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm right its just my opinion. I know this was a bit long but I just had to make sure i was clear I don't hate John Cena I just want him to freshen up and that's the only way I can see it happen.
I'd appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism and if you'd like to here from me again or not.

'When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.''

Submit "John Cena's Heel Turn" to Digg Submit "John Cena's Heel Turn" to del.icio.us Submit "John Cena's Heel Turn" to StumbleUpon Submit "John Cena's Heel Turn" to Google

Updated 11-30-2011 at 09:06 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by captainmoonlight
    someone mentioned this the other day, I reckon you could be right about make a wish, but surely like the blogger mentioned, CM Punk for instance, could just step into cena's face shoes?

surely a heel turn would be for 1 year max anyway? unless it was hugely successful.
    I think they can do it. If they were able to do what they did to Sgt Slaughter, they can do anything. Make-A-Wish will still be there, even if he's a heel. And it will be there when they turn him back. After the match with The Rock, turn him back. There's no more need for him to be heel. But since he will be booed astronomically at Wrestlemania, might as well do the heel turn and play into that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyonett1169
    If they turn Cena heel (which is where I would place my vote), they will have about one month of show stopping new material (like they did with CM punk however they turned that month into 2 weeks). They will have a large portion of the show dedicated to Heel Cena, and this will give them the chance to take 2 mid-card talents and have them topped over to main-event status. 2 things here that concern me if I am Vince McMahon: 1.) Who are my mid-card upgrades going to be? (I personally like A-Ry, Mason Ryan, even Miz.. but that's me, can be whoever) The guy needs swagger & appearance (which are the easy attributes) to be top dog, and NEEDS mic skills.. no script promos. That has to happen. However, 2.) Cena and the make a wish foundation is a VERY difficult bond to break. They would have to keep the kids with Cena, and still have him a heel.. if that's possible. Can't ruin that for the kids, no way. Any opinions?
    I think they can do it. If they were able to do what they did to Sgt Slaughter, they can do anything. Make-A-Wish will still be there, even if he's a heel. And it will be there when they turn him back. After the match with The Rock, turn him back. There's no more need for him to be heel. But since he will be booed astronomically at Wrestlemania, might as well do the heel turn and play into that.
    Great Entry, and I liked the read. Although the way I see it. Cena's heel turn is coming sooner then what people thing. Look at the way they are portraying Cena. Questions like is the pressure getting to Cena... I think it's coming soon.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.