View RSS Feed

Reichwulf

Why I feel the Crowd is not into the WWE as Much as they Used to be - Part One

Rate this Entry
Hello, and welcome to my second blog Why I feel the Crowd is not into the WWE as much as they Used to be where I will discuss key components to what went wrong, why I don't blame the fans, and how it can be fixed and no, it's not PG.

First off and most important is the Music for each wrestlers entrance, that is what truly sets the tone for each wrestler a like, and gives fans that certain key for the click to go off, hey that guy/girl is coming out "reaction" .

There are only a certain few that have this now, and that's because the WWE has only focused it on them, and those few are: John Cena, Randy Orton, Zach Ryder,Mark Henry and of course the Big show. These few have been pushed to the point where these people stand out and so does there music. However that's not happening for the rest of the crew now is it? Why not, well you guessed it, they aren't setting up the theme music to accompany the wrestler.

For example lets compare and contrast "like" superstars currently and from the past:

Daniel Byrans current theme

Now i'll be the first to tell you I'm a big fan of him, however if you looked at the past few weeks, he hasn't been getting that large of a reaction, because they did not set up the music change or give the general fans a reason to react to the music.

Kurt Angles old theme

If you listened to it, you would hear the you suck chants, why? Because the crowd was in it, and it was set up for the fan reaction.

This is one of the biggest reasons, why I feel the WWE fans are not as in it as they used to be, they are not as interactive with each superstars character as they used to be. Rather it be a heel or face, the theme music used to get them into the mood for the match and the super star to come out.

Here is another example of a crowd reaction to validate my point.

and here's a current one

Now that I've made the point clean hopefully, onto how I feel can be fixed.

1. Music that makes the fans react, such as stone colds glass breaking, and louder themes that go into softer themes.

2. Build ups for new music, not just sudden changes.

3. Add things to music such cut scenes into themes, pyro and more.

4. Make it the character(s) more fan orientated , make them want to boo or cheer to the music and wrestler.

5. Give characters props (which used to be a big thing) to come out with.

6. Do not cookie cut themes, make them associated with only that star(s)

I will be following up this blog with a part two, which will involve more into the entrances, props and more detail into why i feel the entrances play to the crowd and set the tone for matches, superstars and the over all production of the program. I would also like to take this time to thank you guys for reading, and encourage you to check out my first blog, on how i would fix the divas division until then, take care.

Submit "Why I feel the Crowd is not into the WWE as Much as they Used to be -  Part One" to Digg Submit "Why I feel the Crowd is not into the WWE as Much as they Used to be -  Part One" to del.icio.us Submit "Why I feel the Crowd is not into the WWE as Much as they Used to be -  Part One" to StumbleUpon Submit "Why I feel the Crowd is not into the WWE as Much as they Used to be -  Part One" to Google

Tags: crowds, music, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    So you don't think the fans pop as soon as they here the sound of interrupted signal for CM Punks music? And "The Cult Of Personality" doesn't go with Punks persona? Right...
    Quote Originally Posted by LM_StraightEdge
    So you don't think the fans pop as soon as they here the sound of interrupted signal for CM Punks music? And "The Cult Of Personality" doesn't go with Punks persona? Right...
    It does currently, when i was listing names out, i was just naming a few of the top faces. What i'm getting to is alot of the current talent doesn't have that wow effect with thier current music themes. Such as Hunico, Mason Ryan and alot of the mid and upper mid carders, and then of course almost all of the divas.

Hope it makes sense to you now what i was getting at
    Quote Originally Posted by Reichwulf
    It does currently, when i was listing names out, i was just naming a few of the top faces. What i'm getting to is alot of the current talent doesn't have that wow effect with thier current music themes. Such as Hunico, Mason Ryan and alot of the mid and upper mid carders, and then of course almost all of the divas.

Hope it makes sense to you now what i was getting at
    You mean, ALL of the Divas.
    As soon as Trish's laugh would hit, big pop. But they're just about meaningless to Vince now.
    Nice blog, work on proof-reading needed but I agree with your points
    I get what you mean the entrance music is vital for a superstar. it needs a kick at the start to let the audience know exactly who's coming out and the just don't have that affect any more.As for the crowd reaction I have wrote a blog on a topic which might be relevant to your discussion as to why there are no clear favourites to cheer for except for the usual suspects.
    You forgot to mention Jim Johnston. He is the guy in charge in creating theme music for MOST of the WWE superstars. Very few superstars used the music from other Artist for example when The Undertaker used Kid Rock's song "American Bad Ass" during his biker gimmick era.

Only thing I agree with you is Daniel Bryan. Jim Johnston has failed twice to come up with a good theme music for him. So I'm expecting to see him have another theme music when he wrestles in WrestleMania 28 cashing in his money in the bank briefcase.
    I think you make a fair point but have to nit-pick slighlty. Music isn't the be all and end all, Kurt Angle's music was used by The Patriot before him just as Real American was used by Windham and Rotundo before Hogan. It was character that made people pop to those songs not the music itself.

I do agree that music is too generic in general but the character has to be there first.
    Each wrestler music needs to be memorable,and a impactful sound is very important like Trish's lough mentioned here.And i complitely agree with you that music shouldnt just change randomly.. Little storylines can be put,like wreslters fighting for the music,or a new wrestler earning his theme
    Updated 12-01-2011 at 08:50 AM by Zekic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.