View RSS Feed

LM_StraightEdge

Zack Ryder is The Big O....OVERRATED

Rate this Entry
I'm sure I will get a lot of negative feedback for this but I am going to post it anyway. Over the last few months we have been seeing the rise of Zack Ryder, he has gone from never being on TV (apart from the odd jobbing here and there) to being a regular on pretty much Raw and Smackdown, having arena chant "We Want Ryder" and got his first singles championship match on PPV. Now you can't not respect Ryder and the way he has self promoted himself, fans in their thousands have watched him on YouTube, liked him on Facebook and followed him on Twitter (see what I did there) and as Booker T said on Smackdown last night "Strap a rocket to this boy" but does he really deserve it?

You have John Morrison, a fantastic in ring talent who has likely now left the WWE who had less TV time than Ryder. Tyson Kidd, who is probably the most underrated wrestler in the company, no TV time. Trent Barretta little TV time. Guys who can seriously entertain in the ring passed over for a guy that entertains out of it. And let me stop people who are going to jump in and say Ryder has great mic skills. Really? Really? Really? REALLY? The times he has taken a mic on TV usually consists of a Woo Woo Woo, or a Broski this, Broski that. The mic skills people refer to are his YouTube show, and he has been shown up on that in my mind by Dolph Ziggler, who cuts great promos on that show, but gets slandered for his terrible mic skills on TV. And are people watching his matches? He should be spending less time on selling merch and more time perfecting his in ring ability, he goes through about 5 moves just like Cena!

And here is another one of my issues with his popularity. He did the whole petition thing for Survivor Series, fine. I don't agree with it, but the WWE love the Twitter craze so that is fine. They thought it would get more signatures (15,000 wasn't enough?) and obviously Morrison had the match with Ziggler. What irked me was the constant bitching on Twitter about it, John Cena posting "No offence to Morrison but Ryder should have that match" and Ryder retweeting it. How is that not supposed to be offensive?! Ziggler mentioned it on ZTLIS before that it didn't matter who Ryder had politicing for him backstage, but clearly it does. Ziggler to his credit sells Ryder like there is no tomorrow, he even makes the Rough Ryder look devastating!! But if Zack wins the US Title it will make an absolute mockery of restoring any prestige to it.

Trust me I'm not an anti Zack Ryder fan, I actually bought his headband back along, but for people to suggest he wins the US Title, nevermind the deluded few who mention him as a future World champion, is ridiculous. He is the American Santino, he adds a nice bit of comedy to the show, nothing more. In line with constantly referencing Twitter, I saw JR tweet that though he respects Ryder's efforts, but you can't win a title by being popular on Social Media. And also, just because it made me laugh, Lance Storm replied to a fans tweet about Ryder by saying that he doesn't like his gimmick, and thinks the LI character is a tool. Ha. Now if i can be serious for a moment.... I really do hope they reel in his push, but with Vince's current fascination with Twitter, and Ryder being the 5th most followed Superstar, I fear we will be hearing a lot more WOO WOO WOO's in future, and you know it.

Submit "Zack Ryder is The Big O....OVERRATED" to Digg Submit "Zack Ryder is The Big O....OVERRATED" to del.icio.us Submit "Zack Ryder is The Big O....OVERRATED" to StumbleUpon Submit "Zack Ryder is The Big O....OVERRATED" to Google

Updated 11-27-2011 at 02:20 PM by LM_StraightEdge (Typo)

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    @DUBS

Thank you for replying.. I dont think hes the worse gimmick in the world but he needs to pay his dues.. im not hating on the guy but its just a joke that a guy who was on the verge of going nowhere to pow supercena starts plugging his name and off he goes.. us title shot?? kayfabe or not my friend that is a slap in the face to the dean malenkos and eddie guerreros that bled and broke their bones to wear that belt.. remember it was a wcw belt.. and again the reason he isnt being taken serious as a wrestler is because of your so called personality of being funny... of course vince is about the money which is why he should get the fuck out of the wwe.. all this kiddie pg shit is rediculous and by the way i am a hardcore wresting fan buddy.. ever since the 80s and im only 33.. and yes if given time.. he can be a DECENT MID CARDER.. no more.. more like a jobber than anything.. plus if you were to ask 10 wrestling fans real wrestling fans if zack ryder has a legit shot to beat legit wrestlers like austin aries, shelton benjamin, cody rhodes, hell he couldnt even beat eric young.. even if you give him time he is a low mid carder.. his z long island stories are decent and hit and miss at best.. and again if you have to use you tube and not your ability to get a push them theres a p;roblem with me there..and as far as jr goes. yes maybe he does see something in ryder but hes the only one ... if you love ryder thats your business and your right but you cant convince me by breaking down my quote like an espn analyst...i stand by every word i put down. ryder doesnt have it.. and if he does i sure as hell dont see it.. and how in the hell is john cena not responsible for ryder being pushed.. so therefore he is riding cenas coattails.. again i stand for my word..but good counterpoints.. i dont have a beef with ryder i think he should earn it the right way not leeching from the internet and young influenced 12 year olds with the mind of little sheep.. oh and john cena..lol
    Zack Ryder > miz nuff said.
    @thetheme

how can zack ryder be > the miz.. obviously not seeing that that miz already has the us wwe and unified tag team titles.. his mic game is mad off the chain compared to ryder.. serious bro?? lol nevermind...how in the hell do you figure ryder is >than the miz when he was sittin on the fucking couch while miz was winning money inthe bank.. cashing in his title shot.. now i am certainly no miz fan at all but i RESPECT the hell out of him coming from the real world to wwe champion..ryder has no mic game and relies on cena to help get him over..and if the average fan was smart they would see that..good thing we have alot of smart fans..
    I don't like Ryder. I barely tolerated him when he was being an Edge clone back in '07. But I do respect the fact that he knew he wasn't going anywhere and did something about it. And guess what he's making Uncle Vince money and thats all that matters to Vince!!!!!!! If you think for one minute that any of our opinions matter to Vince the you might want to re-watch the McMahon dvd again.
    @Godsmack

The miz was on the coat tails of every tag partner that he had, annoying on the mic, blows chunks in the ring, and can't pull off a good match alone with no bullshit every once in a while like other heels do like Cody, Wade or even Del Rio. He got the US belt and barely defended it, that's when the sitting on the midcard belts started. He did little to nothing in the money in the bank match. He has someone do most of the work for him while that coochie gets his ass kicked, so who relies on who and what as far as comparison? Talking on the mic isn't enough. Vickie and Cole can talk on the mic, so that means nothing. Respect the miz, never.

Ryder came in and showed some in ring skill at least when he was with Edge. Went on his own and just got pushed aside because of the BS with creative. So Ryder went out on his OWN and made a name for himself. Ryder can work a decent match, that I can RESPECT. Even though I am not a Ryder fan, I can at least understand. People only like miz because he is against Cena, no more no less but they won't admit it. People like Ryder because he was on the road to being "future endeavored" and went and did something about it while creating a fan base and a good character.
    I respect the fact that, ZR made hmself relavant when there is abs no direction for him in WWE..

But, i never watched him on youtube..I don watch Youtube channels n all..

so I donno abt this browski thing at all...

I gauge ppl by their work during the air time...n I feel he's not so gr8..

but, I saw him teaming with Curt Hawkins..n I should say..the guy can wrestle betterthan wat he's doing now....WWE shud allow him to wrestle more...guy luks awesome..n ha abilities...WWE shud not make him another joke cashing on his merch..they shud allow him to wrestle ( which he does better than many others)..

n I accept taht Tyson Kidd is way betterthan ZR inside the ring n so is Trent...but, I feel ZR can perform better than wat he's doing now...
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.