View RSS Feed

LM_StraightEdge

Zack Ryder is The Big O....OVERRATED

Rate this Entry
I'm sure I will get a lot of negative feedback for this but I am going to post it anyway. Over the last few months we have been seeing the rise of Zack Ryder, he has gone from never being on TV (apart from the odd jobbing here and there) to being a regular on pretty much Raw and Smackdown, having arena chant "We Want Ryder" and got his first singles championship match on PPV. Now you can't not respect Ryder and the way he has self promoted himself, fans in their thousands have watched him on YouTube, liked him on Facebook and followed him on Twitter (see what I did there) and as Booker T said on Smackdown last night "Strap a rocket to this boy" but does he really deserve it?

You have John Morrison, a fantastic in ring talent who has likely now left the WWE who had less TV time than Ryder. Tyson Kidd, who is probably the most underrated wrestler in the company, no TV time. Trent Barretta little TV time. Guys who can seriously entertain in the ring passed over for a guy that entertains out of it. And let me stop people who are going to jump in and say Ryder has great mic skills. Really? Really? Really? REALLY? The times he has taken a mic on TV usually consists of a Woo Woo Woo, or a Broski this, Broski that. The mic skills people refer to are his YouTube show, and he has been shown up on that in my mind by Dolph Ziggler, who cuts great promos on that show, but gets slandered for his terrible mic skills on TV. And are people watching his matches? He should be spending less time on selling merch and more time perfecting his in ring ability, he goes through about 5 moves just like Cena!

And here is another one of my issues with his popularity. He did the whole petition thing for Survivor Series, fine. I don't agree with it, but the WWE love the Twitter craze so that is fine. They thought it would get more signatures (15,000 wasn't enough?) and obviously Morrison had the match with Ziggler. What irked me was the constant bitching on Twitter about it, John Cena posting "No offence to Morrison but Ryder should have that match" and Ryder retweeting it. How is that not supposed to be offensive?! Ziggler mentioned it on ZTLIS before that it didn't matter who Ryder had politicing for him backstage, but clearly it does. Ziggler to his credit sells Ryder like there is no tomorrow, he even makes the Rough Ryder look devastating!! But if Zack wins the US Title it will make an absolute mockery of restoring any prestige to it.

Trust me I'm not an anti Zack Ryder fan, I actually bought his headband back along, but for people to suggest he wins the US Title, nevermind the deluded few who mention him as a future World champion, is ridiculous. He is the American Santino, he adds a nice bit of comedy to the show, nothing more. In line with constantly referencing Twitter, I saw JR tweet that though he respects Ryder's efforts, but you can't win a title by being popular on Social Media. And also, just because it made me laugh, Lance Storm replied to a fans tweet about Ryder by saying that he doesn't like his gimmick, and thinks the LI character is a tool. Ha. Now if i can be serious for a moment.... I really do hope they reel in his push, but with Vince's current fascination with Twitter, and Ryder being the 5th most followed Superstar, I fear we will be hearing a lot more WOO WOO WOO's in future, and you know it.

Submit "Zack Ryder is The Big O....OVERRATED" to Digg Submit "Zack Ryder is The Big O....OVERRATED" to del.icio.us Submit "Zack Ryder is The Big O....OVERRATED" to StumbleUpon Submit "Zack Ryder is The Big O....OVERRATED" to Google

Updated 11-27-2011 at 02:20 PM by LM_StraightEdge (Typo)

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrestlinfan608
    people who like zack ryder = hypnotized or homo sexually curious....
    ^^^^What an idiot.
    Excuse me, Ryder is really good in ring, I guess since he doesn't do a million high spots he is bad in ring.
    I wouldn't say Ryder is overrated yet. It's just a couple of people that make him seem that way, as they demand that he get a push to the WWE championship. Now that's a joke. He deserves a world title for being so loyal to the company, and jobbing/missing out on being on tv for ages, but hes got to be in some convincing storylines first. But I do wish he'd improve his ring - skills, and have longer matches. His longest match that I could remember was his tagteam match with Sheamus this past Smackdown, and that was only a tagteam match. The rest of his matches (except maybe WWECW) have been 5 minute ones, that are similar to Cenas.
    [QUOTE=DUBS;bt49562]^^^^What an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you are the Zack Ryder fan, so Who is the idiot ?
    Zack Ryder is a weak ass bitch, he is a pussy. His character is terrible. People who like it are confused or something. He got famous from the internet, and not because of his promo cutting skills or wrestling skills. He IS A FIST PUMPER, JUICE HEAD why on earth would a fan like this guy or think he could kick somebodies ass?
    [QUOTE=CM_SUXX_NOT;bt49542]Yes, I saw what you did. You became the only person in the world to misspell Facebook.

Yes always one tool isn't there. Clearly a typo, but well done anyway, i bet your IQ is at about 200 now you have pointed that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimusSucks
    Excuse me, Ryder is really good in ring, I guess since he doesn't do a million high spots he is bad in ring.
    Not really no. Did Steve Austin do lots of high spots? Did Triple H do lots of high spots? Does William Regal do lots of high spots? No didn't think so.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.