View RSS Feed

wrestlingfan66513

My View on Wrestling Today and How to Improve it

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone I decided to write another blog while I wait for a response for the next Blog Wars. Also I am planning the first ever Blog Wars King of the Ring. It is an 8 man tournament for the title king of the blogs it will feature guys who have been on the show, are champ if he wants to go on it, and anyone interested. I will have more on it soon I hope. But to the point I want to give my view on wrestling today.

Companies

I watch WWE, TNA, and ROH. ROH is still Indie so I won't discuss much on it. I don't think anyone should compare them really because they are at different levels. I think as a fan I try to support each company because competition drives out the best in entertainment. Back during the Monday Night Wars, each company had tons of viewers. We had more guys, more titles, and more competition. They both gave us a second show to try to make more money and get more views and the writing had to be good all around to keep people from changing the channel.

Today, we mainly have WWE and TNA and I will give some points on how I think they could improve.

WWE

Put over more talent or hire more established guys- This important to keep viewers watching the whole time. Instead of have commentators take up time in the ring, give some younger guys a chance to prove themselves to fans. If we get more variety in competition then we can have more feuds and maybe another title return (I vote European). The 90s had tons of guys to appeal to different members in the audience. I am not saying bring back the Attitude Era because I don't think that's not but diversify but add character to the roster.

Help Younger Fans Connect with the Past- Help younger fans be able to recognize some past greats. When you have a PPV, show some highlights to get them to understand the prestige.

Storylines- Right now I think they could add a few storylines to keep their guys busy. Don't just have a random match with no meaning, use the time to build up guys so they can draw a bigger crowd reaction.

Build the Divas- They are getting better but we still have a lot of misused potential here.

TNA

Use the Roster Wisely- They have a huge roster with some great talent. They just have to many guys. I think we need a second show to show off some other guys like Pope, Gunner, Abyss, Joe, etc. I do not care if they get WWE talent because that is good business sense to take big or misused talent from the opponent. But not if they will only be relevant for a month or two.

Tapings- I understand if they can't go live yet but for now do more tapings out of the Impact Zone. If you want more consumers for your product then you need to introduce it to more people. Going to new places is great because you can get new fans and their live shows and house shows are great from a personal experience.

Time- Something both companies struggle with. Impact is more understandable since they only have one show. But I think they are doing a lot better in their new year since since BFG ended. They are pushing more original talents and building up some new guys (Sorenson, Gunner, Crimson). I just think we need a 3 hour Impact a little bit more often.

Also I watch TNA fully and am able to understand the storylines fine.

Submit "My View on Wrestling Today and How to Improve it" to Digg Submit "My View on Wrestling Today and How to Improve it" to del.icio.us Submit "My View on Wrestling Today and How to Improve it" to StumbleUpon Submit "My View on Wrestling Today and How to Improve it" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Honestly the only way we are going to see any improvement in wrestling today, whether it be in the WWE or TNA, is if wrestling goes back to having bookers running the show instead of "writers". They simply do not know how to run a wrestling company, and it seems as though Vince is actually embarrassed that he is in the wrestling business. Why else does he constantly try to distance both himself and his company from wrestling ? Wrestling can only be good again if WWE dies within the next 20 years or so and it goes back into the territorial system. But honestly I just don't really see wrestling being prominent in today's society. Not saying that it won't exist, I just don't think it will ever reach it's former heights. In Bobby Heenan's words : "The magic is gone."
    great blog
    Good blog. Unfortunately, we won't see the improvements because WWE is nothing but a reality show now. And what's a reality show? Half action, half talking.
    good blog, and you seem to be on point.
    The WWE sucks because they pass over talented personalities like Colt Cabana for guys like Kofi Kingston. Don't get me wrong I love Kofi's wrestling ability but he has the personality of a piece of wood and cannot do interviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbluto
    The WWE sucks because they pass over talented personalities like Colt Cabana for guys like Kofi Kingston. Don't get me wrong I love Kofi's wrestling ability but he has the personality of a piece of wood and cannot do interviews.
    I think people are only high on Colt because he is Punk's best friend. I haven't been impressed with him singles wise at all. I just don't think he is series enough and will stay in the mid card.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.