View RSS Feed

GiantHaystacks

How to Fix the Problem of Rock v Cena

Rating: 5 votes, 3.80 average.
Hi Again, I wasn’t ripped to shreds for my first blog so I figured it would be safe to return with Part II “How to Fix the Problem”

I will freely admit that my thoughts on this push creative license to the limit, and in all honesty there is no real chance of this ever happening, but with some major twists and returns it could be a MASSIVE build up to Mania. Please accept my apologies if you don’t agree with this, it is meant purely as my ideal scenario to make the Rock vs. Cena matter.

Step one – bring in a few outsiders.

Raw, 28th November – opening match. Cena will have to be booked against someone, and as the E are at a loss with what to do with him at the moment let’s say he is up against Christian . During the match Christian goes to the outside and grabs his crutch and nails Cena with it. (Cena of course wins by DQ). Christian then continues to beat down on Cena. Who comes to his aid? Miz. After knocking Christian out to the floor Miz then salutes Cena and walks, leaving a bewildered Cena in the ring. On the ramp Miz gets a mike and explains that he was sick of someone from ten years ago taking the glory and he believes he should be the one in the spot light, and if it means helping Cena get rid of the Rock so be it, and he has got his back until Mania. Cena says he doesn’t want or need his help, and tells him to take a walk, which Miz does. Out comes Johnny Ace, and in a Teddy Long moment, makes a tag team match between Cena and the Miz and Christian/Barrett next week on Raw.

Raw 5th December – highlight of the evening – a VT from the Rock. He is in the gym on a weight bench. He talks about how twice now he has laid out Cena, and how at Mania he will do it again. Then out of nowhere he is hit in the side of the head with a dumbbell. The camera pans round and there is JoMo (for the sake of this he has signed a new contract). Back to the action and the main event tag team match, which Miz and Cena duly win. After the match Miz grabs the mike and says that he asked JoMo to do what he did, as he feels the same way Miz does, and they are both out to help him. Cena looks aghast as we go to credits.

Raw 12th December – the Rock is back. He is in the ring and he is pissed. He calls Cena, Miz and JoMo out so he can put boot to asses. Out comes Cena to a cacophony of boo’s. he gets in the ring and tries to explain that what happened to the Rock wasn’t his fault. He never wanted their help and none of this is anything to do with him. Rock says it doesn’t matter what you say and nails Cena with a big right hand. He continues to stomp on him until out comes Mick Foley! He pulls Rock off Cena and tries to calm him down in the opposite corner. Through the crowd come Miz and JoMo who proceed to beat down Mick with chairs. Cena i sup now and goes to pull them off, but then shakes his head and walks out of the ring. Rock follows him but gets an AA on the ramp. We go to credits.

TLC – 18th December – Cena vs. JoMo in a Tables match, Foley is the guest referee, Miz is on commentary for the match. Usual high flying from JoMo, very little action in the way of weapons for most of the match, typical PG stuff. They end up on the ramp, and with Foley distracted Mix pulls out a broken table from under the ring, and sneaks it in the ring before giving Foley the skull-crushing finale and scuttling off to the announcers desk. Cena drags JoMo back to the ring just as Foley is stirring. He goes for the AA but JoMo kicks out and back body drops Cena on to the broken table which Foley sees and calls for the bell. Cena argues with him but it does no good and he walks to the back. Miz is in the ring with a chair and nails Foley. He and JoMo continue the beat down until all the referees form the back pull them off.

Raw 19th December – Miz and JoMo are in the ring. They explain that Foley isn’t there as he was beaten so badly he was still in the hospital, and if Rock has any sense he will stay by his side. They say they did it on Cena’s orders and the proof is that Cena didn’t try and stop them beating down on Foley. Cena comes to the top of the ramp and denies everything. He says to prove this he will go one on two against them right now. We kick the match off and by the looks of things he is telling the truth, although he looks a little slow in the ring. Finally after the 5 moves of doom he gets JoMo in the STF, and Miz makes the save, and they both proceed to give Cena a kicking. The Rocks music hits, and he makes his way to the ring, but stops on the steps. He looks like he isn’t going to help, but then gets into the ring and clears out Miz and JoMo. They start to make their way up the ramp with Rock watching them and while his back is turned Cena gets up – he wasn’t beaten by them, it was all a ruse to get the rock out in the ring. Cena hits the AA on Rock and Miz and JoMo return and all 3 of them destroy the Rock, and Cena hugs them both. The heel turn is complete.

i am running out of space so i will summarise how i would go from here. i would bring in another couple of heels to make a proper faction for Cena, say Swagger and Ziggler with Vicki as the manager. Johnny Ace could also be on their side as putting then at an unfair advantage against the Rock and Foley, meaning they would need to create…
…The Attitude Era faction! Jericho is possibly on his way back, as is masked Kane. Team them up with Rock/Foley, have Shane O Mac join them too as opposition to Johnny Ace. Kevin Nash is in Ace’s pocket so he could be expected to join the heels, means trips would fit nicely into the Attitude faction. The possibilities are endless. Any of today’s roster could join the heel faction, and the Attitude faction could recruit Vince McMahon, Undertaker, X-Pac, the new age outlaws…the list goes on.

I believe a storyline of Era vs. Era would be huge. Not only would the fans of today be happy, but fans of yesterday (like me) be happy. The dream matches we have all wanted to see could really happen. And the highlight of the angle? The pinnacle of the storyline? The answer is simple. A match at Mania that matters. A match that fans from yesterday and now would do anything to witness.

The leader of the Attitude Era vs. the leader of the PG era.

Submit "How to Fix the Problem of Rock v Cena" to Digg Submit "How to Fix the Problem of Rock v Cena" to del.icio.us Submit "How to Fix the Problem of Rock v Cena" to StumbleUpon Submit "How to Fix the Problem of Rock v Cena" to Google

Updated 11-24-2011 at 11:15 AM by GiantHaystacks

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I completely agree with Crippler. Everything you said up until the factions build up were spot on, and the JoMo/Miz helping out Cena's heel turn would be pretty nifty. But once you drag in everyone else into Factionland, it dilutes the storyline and takes the focus off of the storyline your ideas have been building. I would also leave Mick Foley out of it, personally, but that's just me.
    I loved the build up...week by week. I really like the John Cena heel turn. His heel turn is needed and the Miz's involvement and how you broke it down would be fantastic. I like the breakdown leading up to The Royal Rumble in January. I also really like the idea of Morrison being the Miz's wildcard.

I don't agree with the factions. Everyone knows that it's Attitude Era vs Whatever Era that we're in now. It shouldn't be watered down with a faction. Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger have no place in this situation and therefore, should not even be considered to be involved. I also don't think that dragging Nash and HHH into it. These guys can stand on their own.

But overall, nice blog. Keep it up. I'll be reading.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.