View RSS Feed

RatedATB

Booking the WWE championship into Wrestlemania 28

Rate this Entry
What's poppin folks, RatedATB back at it again. This is something that's been bothering me ever since Rock/Cena was announced: the WWE championship title match at Wrestlemania. It's pretty obvious Cena/Rock will be the last match of the night, but I believe the WWE championship should and needs to end the night. Why? Because it's the God D*amn main title of the company and has been lacking prestige for quite a while now (even though Punk's helped a lot with it this year.) So this is what I would do to give the WWE title match at Mania more meaning and give it a good reason to go on after Cena/Rock. (Which I think has potential to disappoint, but that's a whole other blog.) So without further ado...

So this starts, like any other Road to Wrestlemania, at the Royal Rumble, and where else but the Rumble match itself. We're down to the second to last participant who, to my knowledge, is the first person to have everyone eliminated before the final participant joins in. The countdown starts, the crowd counting with it. Everyone's in anticipation at who this could be. 3...2...1...it's for the first time EVER the WWE champion CM Punk. He comes out, eliminates the last guy after about 5-10 minutes of back and forth action, and is the first person to win the Royal Rumble as WWE champion. Everyone is shocked, and the announcers play it off like he isn't going to have to defend the title and leaves the question up in air to what the title situation is going to be.

This brings us to the next night on Raw, where Punk addresses the situation. He says he told everyone all along that he was going to be the catalyst of change and how he was going to make the WWE championship mean something again and he was going to do so by doing something huge. He was going to unify the two world titles at the grandest stage of them all, Wrestlemania. But he knew he had to win the title and the Royal Rumble to secure the right to do so, so he made it so that his contract said he would get the number 40 spot in the Rumble, no matter what. Him pulling this all off, winning the championship and Rumble, prove his claim of being the best in the world. Then out comes the last competitor he eliminated, let's just say Miz. He goes on to say Punk robbed him of his dream of going into Mania again and he was going to make him pay by taking the title from him and his shot at Mania and do so at Elimination Chamber and go on to unify the titles himself. This is really just to give Punk something to do until Mania, and also make him look strong going into the title match.

So Punk accepts, and defeats Miz at EC to retain his title, and spot at Mania. That same night we get the Elimination Chamber to decide the World Heavyweight Champion and Punk's opponent at Mania. The match consists of 3 from Raw and 3 from Smackdown taking into consideration that they're still doing SuperShow. The long, brutal match ends with Orton defeating Henry and finally ending his long reign as champion, and will be Punk's opponent for the title unification match. So the stage is set, Orton vs. Punk for the Undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania. I only chose Orton because he's basically the second or third biggest star in the company and they need the top people to make it seem like a huge deal.

The next night on Raw Orton comes out, talks about finally winning his title back, and how he can't wait to beat Punk for the 2nd straight year at Wrestlemania and becoming the number 1, undisputed guy in the world. Static hits, Punk comes out, they promo duel, yada yada, basic stuff here and then Punk says why wait til Mania, lets go one on one tonight. The match is made and they have a match that on that Raw.

They come out later on and before the bell rings Daniel Bryan comes out and attacks both men with his briefcase. Just as he's about to cash in he stands and second guesses himself. Which one will he cash in on? Punk? Orton? Could he do both? No instead he grabs a mic. He says he told everyone all along he was going to cash in at Mania and couldn't decide on which title he wanted to win. Not until Punk won the Rumble and told everyone his plan, so then he started devising a plan of his own: getting into the match his own way using the briefcase that he earned, the briefcase that says he can have a match for the title anytime he wants, anywhere he wants. He officially announces he's going to join the 2 to make a triple threat match at Wrestlemania for the undisputed world title and after approval from the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations AND Interim Raw General Manager, John Laurinaitis, the match is set: Wrestlemania 28, Randy Orton vs. CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion.

Wrestlemania arrives and the match is on. They go about half an hour in a competitive match that concludes with Bryan making one of the other two tap, and is officially a star in the company. Look at what the Undisputed Title did for Jericho's career, the same can be done for Bryan if booked properly.

Keep in mind folks these are my opinions and I obviously don't think this'll happen so please be mature in the comments...if you have differing opinions then cool but there's no need to be a prick. In my opinion it'd be cool, and a great way to get Bryan over as a main eventer by having him beat the number 2 and 3 babyfaces in the same match. Leave your feedback below, it's much appreciated, and I hope you enjoyed. Until next time it's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun. Deuces.

Submit "Booking the WWE championship into Wrestlemania 28" to Digg Submit "Booking the WWE championship into Wrestlemania 28" to del.icio.us Submit "Booking the WWE championship into Wrestlemania 28" to StumbleUpon Submit "Booking the WWE championship into Wrestlemania 28" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This is actually a pretty cool idea! Although I'm not big on the fact that the WWE Champion wins the Royal Rumble, you do make a good reason for it about it being in his contract! I'm with you on the fact that they should unify the top two titles and they should just scrap the brand split too.
    If this happens it would be one of the best things I've ever seen! A few tweeks but still it's amazing! Nice blog pal
    The WWE should read this blog and copy it
    fill in an application as a writer lol this blog is pure genius
    a writer on the WWE creative team, good job man
    hogan won the rumble when he was WWE champion in 1993 i believe. but great idea
    Quote Originally Posted by BackYardWrestler
    hogan won the rumble when he was WWE champion in 1993 i believe. but great idea
    Yokozuna won that one and Bret was the champion
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.