View RSS Feed

Wrestlinfan608

John Cena is not Hulk Hogan....

Rating: 7 votes, 2.00 average.
The purpose of this blog is to talk about why I think it's a ridiculous assumption that people think John Cena is anything like Hulk Hogan.

[B]Hulk Hogan helped make wrestling what it is today, John Cena is destroying it[/B] That's right folks. John Cena is destroying what Hulk Hogan helped create, basically he isn't helping it get better which is what Hogan did in the 80s, so how are they similar in that way? Seems polar opposite....

[B]Hogan can cut a promo, Cena can't[/B] This is another thing that irks me, they are completely 100% miles apart on the mic. Hogan even at 58 is still able to use a mic better than Cena. Cena says things all "nonchalant" and he says things like "at least that was not the shockmaster" to no reaction from the crowd at all, he cannot control a crowd during a promo. It's painful to watch John Cena with a mic, not sure why some people think he is any good at it. Is it because he used to be good back when he was a rapper? Well, he no longer is that character and his current character is a campy, boring and stale as a 100 year old cracker

[B]Hogan can sell, Cena can't[/B] We all have seen John Cena wrestle, He can't sell. Everybody knows that. Its common knowledge to any wrestling fan. Hogan was actually pretty good at selling if you ask me, that is until the "hulk up"

[B]Hogan has MANY fans, Cena doesn't [/B] There is this huge thing like "John Cena has 9 million" facebook friends and all that, but in my opinion there really are not a lot of Cena fans anymore. He used to have fans, but he lost most of them when he became a robotic borefest. Look at Hulk Hogan Vs. The Rock at wrestlemania, That was decades after Hogan Debuted and he got Huge pops from the crowd ( it was in Canada ) even when he was booked as a heel, Now John Cena who is supposed to be in the prime of his career, goes to his hometown Boston, MA and gets booed outta the building??? Have you ever seen an athlete return to his/her hometown and get booed like that? And the guy is supposed to have a lot of fans?

[B]The Finishing sequence[/B] This is the hardest thing to compare since both of them have basically the same routine but different moves, Hogan had a very simple "big Boot" into the leg drop and Cena has that "5 moves of doom" thing... you know why Hogan is better? Because you don't see it coming from a mile away. The big boot outta nowhere then the leg drop for the pin. Cena does the backdrop or whatever you want to call it, then you know what is about to happen, and just the way he does it makes it not fun to watch, "here we go again" is what runs through fans minds

Sorry but In my opinion, John Cena is the "Standard" for what Vince Mcmahon thinks is a successful wrestler in todays day and age, because he has a bunch of facebook friends? Because he sells alot of merchandise? Because all his fans are woman and children? Not sure...

I'm sick of the whole "John Cena Vs. Hulk Hogan" comparison. They are polar opposite. The one and only thing that they have in common is they have both held the WWE title for over 1,000 days each.

Hogan Held the belt and brought prestigue to it, when John Cena holds the belt it destroys it.

Submit "John Cena is not Hulk Hogan...." to Digg Submit "John Cena is not Hulk Hogan...." to del.icio.us Submit "John Cena is not Hulk Hogan...." to StumbleUpon Submit "John Cena is not Hulk Hogan...." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Even though I wasn't a Hulk Hogan fan until his heel turn but you put it direct to those people who said Cena is new Hulk Hogan cuz everything you said 100% true. I never been a fan of Cena cuz his thug bullcrap and now we have to deal with his new friendly Sesame Street character (Sorry let me rephrase that cuz Sesame Street was worth watching) but John Cena needs a whole new character change really really bad cuz this crap he's giving just to his fans that buy his merchandise made him go down really really bad. People always mention how Cena is a hard worker and he is dedicated to the WWE, What Cena needs to learn is that everyone who has worked for WWE has busted there asses more than Cena because they actually Entertained a Sold Out Crowd which he can bring to an arena
    I've never been a Hogan fan, I'm probably too young but I wanted to say a thing few things:

I actually don't think Hogan has good mic-skills, everytime he says something I have the feeling it's so forced. I think the only reason that Hogan is so heavily cheered right now is that the times were different 20 years ago and most male men now were pretty young then.

The big boot you can always see coming from a mile since it's usually started with Huk=lking up, a few punces, Irish whip, big boot, leg drop.

The rest I agree with
    Possibly the stupidest post ever. not constructive in the slightest, its just a slagging off of Cena
    "John Cena is the "Standard" for what Vince Mcmahon thinks is a successful wrestler in todays day and age, because he has a bunch of facebook friends? Because he sells alot of merchandise? "

Actually, yes it is considered successful to sell a ton of merchandise, I mean, let's not split hairs here, Cena doesn't just sell a lot, he has sold more merch than anyone since Hogan, so how is that not successful?

" There is this huge thing like "John Cena has 9 million" facebook friends and all that, but in my opinion there really are not a lot of Cena fans anymore."

9 million certainly seems like a lot to me, is there a higher standard to compare it to? It really doesn't matter what age group he has, the numbers are what matters, except that the more kids he gets, the happier Vince is simply because if a child is a fan vs a 18-25 year old single male (the attitude era target demo) then he brings more money in, because he will get merchandise, and a parent will have to buy a second ticket (at least) when they go to live events, and snacks, and everything else. Also someone who becomes a fan as a kid is more likely to remain one for longer, which just equals more money.

" We all have seen John Cena wrestle, He can't sell. Everybody knows that. "

I would suggest re-watching a lot of the Punk/Cena matches for a recent appraisal of his selling ability, I would give you some options for Hulk, but I have never seen him sell other than that funky grimace that he used to wear

"he cannot control a crowd during a promo. It's painful to watch John Cena with a mic, not sure why some people think he is any good at it."

He is getting the people that he is aiming for. He isn't out there to make the entire crowd love him, just the children (and women), he has them in the palm of his hand every single night. Therefore he is more than adequate to the task.

"That's right folks. John Cena is destroying what Hulk Hogan helped create"

How? What is John Cena doing on his own that is destroying wrestling? He is creating new fans, constantly acting like a WWE "Ambassador" Everywhere he goes (Which, is like all over Nickelodeon)

it almost sounds like you don't like the PG era and want to blame Cena for the entire business's problems, but that would be crazy
    the reason we have the pg era is because media in general is mega-pc these days. if they were still doing attitude era stuff they'd have been kicked off the air a while ago. 90's ruled
    @asher Everyone has there own opinon but damn u sound like zach ryder in a promo kissing john sheena ass. First watch Punk vs Cena sorry homie but thats only one match what about the rest of his matche No sell!!!. Second he is the top face which ur suppose to have all of the fans behind u not just kids and half of the women cuz the other half dont like him. Third selling merchandise is less what wwe makes than having sold arena cuz thats where he makes his big bucjs and ppv shows cena doesnt draw sold arenas or bring big ppv buys Nuff said cuz I've Cena Nuff
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsckilla23
    @asher Everyone has there own opinon but damn u sound like zach ryder in a promo kissing john sheena ass. First watch Punk vs Cena sorry homie but thats only one match what about the rest of his matche No sell!!!.
    He sold pretty well in that last man standing match. And his match against HBK and Triple H were sold pretty well.

Second he is the top face which ur suppose to have all of the fans behind u not just kids and half of the women cuz the other half dont like him.
    When Hogan was the top face in WCW (before nWo), he was being booed as well. You're the top face if the company says you are, fan support or not.

Third selling merchandise is less what wwe makes than having sold arena cuz thats where he makes his big bucjs and ppv shows cena doesnt draw sold arenas or bring big ppv buys.
    There's a recession as well as numerous PPVs a year compared to the 4 a year PPVs back then. Not to mention inflation made ordering PPVs more expensive. I doubt a prime Hulk Hogan would be able to do the same in that economy.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.