View RSS Feed

wrestlingfan66513

Blog Wars Episode 3: Greatest Tag Teams in Wrestling Part 2

Rating: 4 votes, 2.75 average.
This is 2nd part of the best tag teams list. Due to character restraints I had to put Dr. Death's response in a separate blog. As I said before please place your votes on this blog.

Dr. Death(C)

Top 5 Tag Teams in Wrestling History
This time we'll focus on the Top 5 Tag Teams in Wrestling History. As you all know there will be certain criteria to meet, and that criteria is:
- Team History
- Ring Work - (Both Individual and as a Team)
- The Teams Chemistry Together
- Their Overall Match Quality
- Their Overall Promo Work
- Tag Team Championships Held
This is a tough choice, because there are so many worthy Tag Teams that deserve mentioning in at least an Honorable Mentions list. So without further ado lets get started.

Top 5 Tag Teams in Wrestling History:

5. The BlackJacks:

The BlackJacks were one of the most infamous and merciless tag teams ever. Along with their manager, Bobby Heenan, the BlackJacks would win the WWA Tag Team Championship; two tag-team championships in WCCW and the World Tag Team Championship in 1975. BlackJack Mulligan was one of the most accomplished wrestlers ever to come out of the state of Texas. Lanza, with his devastating Iron Claw, was mean and sadistic in the ring and was once referred to as "the embodiment of evil." They had great chemistry together and are famous for their feuds in the ring. Looking back, the BlackJacks gave some of the best promos for a tag team - you just knew someone was getting beat up by the end of the promo.

4. The Brain Busters:

One of the finest tag teams, if not the finest tag team, in wrestling during the late 1980's was undoubtedly Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson. They were both founding members of the Four Horsemen. Tully and Arn had a virtual monopoly on the NWA Tag Titles from September '87 until October '88. Like many of the best teams, they each had something unique to offer and complimented and hide the weaknesses of the other. They would generate such heat and hatred that fans would have to be restrained from coming over the rails. With Bobby Heenan giving promos, it was a great combination.

3. The Hart Foundation:

While there has been more decorated teams in wrestling in terms of titles won, there is little doubt that the Hart Foundation are what the essence of true tag team wrestling is all about. They were a classic combo, the cool technical wrestler and the crazy, nut job brawler.They blended perfectly in the ring. Bret knew Jim wasn't a great wrestler so he would be the mechanic in the ring. Bret also knew that he sucked at doing promo's so Jim, a natural character, became the mouthpiece. Jimmy Hart was brought on board as a manager and the final piece of the puzzle was in place. Bret and Jim are the pinnacle of WWF tag team wrestling and no talk of the best tag teams in wrestling history is ever complete without a dissection of the Hart Foundation and the legacy they left behind.

2. The Steiner Brothers:

The span from 1989 till 1998 saw, in my opinion, the greatest tag team of all time. Rick and Scott Steiner (Steiner Brothers) dominated tag team wrestling during their time in the business. Their combination of in ring ability, look, charisma and team continuity propelled them to the top of the industry like a rocket. The Steiner Brothers are one of the most decorated tag teams of all time. They were recognized as the best in their company, no matter where the Steiner Brothers have called home. The list of some of Rick and Scott's accomplishments identify the in ring ability of the Steiner Brothers.

1. The Road Warriors:

There's no doubt that people are going to hate the fact that the Road Warriors are the number one team on this list, but the fact is that they belong at the top of any list of top tag teams. Hawk and Animal are the only tag team to have held the NWA, AWA, WWF, and All Japan International Tag Titles. A large portion of the success of the Road Warriors had to do with their look & charisma. Their entrance to the song "Iron Man" was a sight to behold. The Road Warriors dominated every promotion they went to. You'd be hard pressed to find any wrestling fans unfamiliar with The Road Warriors. Hawk and Animal, along with "Precious" Paul Ellering, built a legacy that is unmatched in the business.

These are my Top 5. Honorable Mentions - British Bulldogs, Midnight Express, Rockers, Demolition, Dudleys, Hardys, Edge and Christian, Beer Money, KOW, ect... Thank You all for voting, this has been fun.

Submit "Blog Wars Episode 3:  Greatest Tag Teams in Wrestling Part 2" to Digg Submit "Blog Wars Episode 3:  Greatest Tag Teams in Wrestling Part 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Blog Wars Episode 3:  Greatest Tag Teams in Wrestling Part 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blog Wars Episode 3:  Greatest Tag Teams in Wrestling Part 2" to Google

Updated 11-16-2011 at 01:45 AM by wrestlingfan66513

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All three guys did a fantastic job but on this occasion I will go with The Hit Man. I liked Knox and Dr. Death lists but imo THM's list was on point.
    me thinks Knox
    dr death simply because he put the brain busters in it
    Again all three great list...Dr. death and Knox again put in a lot of thought, but i have to go with The Hit Man. It was really hard to pick. I found it awesome that they all had the same #1...I really wanted to pick Dr death, but i really felt like he missed out on the Dudley boys. I know they are in the h.m. but i don't count that. Again great job all 3 of you.
    Great lists all around. It's funny that this is the second time this week that everyone came up with the same number 1. I have to go with Dr. Death mainly because he had a good mix of new and old teams
    Another tough one but I'm going witj The Hitman
    Dr Death gets my vote but will certainly add my disappointment that The Rock & Roll Express and The Midnight Express were in no-ones lists.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.