RAW Got "Dwayn'ed" and Top 5 Wrestlers Who Need to Stay out of the Ring.
by, 11-15-2011 at 03:51 PM (6401 Views)
Howdy Splashers. I know a lot of my readers, might not be too happy with this next Splash. I just want to say now; my intention is not to insult anyone, certainly any of my fellow bloggers. With that, in mind, let’s splashin’!
Last night’s RAW was supposed to be a 3 hour event where “RAW get’s Rock’ED” . However if you ask me RAW got “Dwayn’ed” . Dwayne returned to the WWE a little over a year ago, and since then he has done nothing more but weak promos, and a few Rock Bottoms…Wow! He should really make “The Very Best of Rock: The Return” DVD, for all he’s done this year…NOT! I have read several blogs, where they have been happy to see Dwayne back. Now I love nostalgia just as much as anybody, but to a point. In The past year has he wrestled a match? No! Has he done anything recently significant aside from hosting WrestleMania 27? No! The sad thing is, what John Cena said last night, was 100% truth: The only thing “Team Bring It” has brought in the Last 7 years were lousy satellite promos.
I wrote a splash back in February, regarding Dwayne’s return and I got some heat on that one as well. My blog was basically talked about Dwayne’s return, and how I didn’t think he would do much of anything. Here we are almost nine months later and he has, only made a handful of live appearances, and his first match is next Sunday.
Now I know a lot of people are going to be hating on me for writing this, but facts are facts. Some people need to wake up, and smell what Dwayne is really cookin’ (it’s called a load of BS). If Dwayne came back for a 6 month run, and was on RAW every week, and wrestled every couple of weeks or so, THEN he would have my respect. Since Dwayne has returned to the WWE, he has been milking this WrestleMania return tour, and as a wrestling fan it simply makes me sick! Most people look for WrestleMania because it’s the biggest event of the year. Me? I’m looking for it, just so Dwayne will get his big paycheck, and hopefully be gone. I’m sorry, but the man needs to go back to Hollywood! At this point, Kermit the Frog could lay the Smackdown better than he could!
A friend of mine, who is a fan of Dwayne, made a valid point. Other wrestlers from Rock’s era don’t wrestle every night, such as Undertaker, HHH, and Kevin Nash. As far as HHH goes he has moved up in the WWE, and is one step under Vince McMahon. His days of “wrestling every Monday” are basically over. With The Undertaker, I’ve discussed this many times, yet for this case I feel this is his last WrestleMania. Lastly, with Nash; He was wrestling in TNA almost every week, about a year ago.
Since we are on the subject on who should stay out of wrestling, let’s do a top 5…
Top 5 wrestlers who should stay out of wrestling:
5. Edge: As much as I miss him I think Edge should stay out of the ring for his own good. Is it good to see him come back to make vintage appearances? Sure! But why risk his health, let alone his life just for a match.
4. “Stone Cold” Steve Austin: Austin had a great career as a wrestler, and he knows how to apices the fans without getting back in the ring. His season of Tough Enough was excellent, and he has not yet teased the crowd that he was coming back for “one more match”. In my mind Austin has kept things real, and that’s all I really want.
3. Ric Flair: If you look at Ric Flair’s career, he is without a doubt the best in the business! He has worked the longest, and has not taken a step back in the 3 decades I have watched wrestling. However I think Flair has nothing left to prove, and although I fear he could return to the ring I wish he would just stay out as a side character.
2. Hulk Hogan: While Hogan has taken breaks here and there, he has remained true to the wrestling industry. Just like Flair, I have the utmost respect for Hogan; however I feel his last match was unneeded.
As much as I wanted to put Dwayne in this next spot, I’ll put someone who shouldn’t wrestle anymore because of their health.
1. The Undertaker: A lot of people want him to come back just so he will be 20-0 at WrestleMania. But is that really going to settle anything. I’m sorry but his last match with Triple H, should have been just that..his last. He was dragging his ass for most of that match, there’s a good reason why he’s hardly around anymore, and it has nothing to do with his “dead man” character. The Undertaker is getting tired, and it’s time for him to hang up the boots, it’s simple as that.