View RSS Feed

RatedATB

Raw Thoughts 11/07/11

Rate this Entry
What's poppin all, ratedATB back at it again with my thoughts on Raw from 11/7/2011. I think that from here on out I will be doing my thoughts on Raw. Also expect ppv reviews/previews and other random blogs I may think of.

We open up with a lackluster segment involving Cena and Awesome Truth. Typical Cena promo with not much to talk about except how fast Ryder is growing into a mainstay on the roster, I hope to see him taken more seriously as a legit threat in the mid-card.

1st Match - JoMo/Ziggles
Fantastic opening match here, and thank you times a billion to WWE for finally giving Morrison the win here. The man gets some good offense and great back and forth action from both involved giving us a solid start to the wrestling portion to the show. Let's hope this is the start to Morrison getting back in the game because he should honestly be a top contender for the WWE title by now judging by the push he was recieving late last year and early this year. I feel bad for Ziggles losing 2 straight weeks, but I'm optimistic that once he eventually drops the U.S. gold, he's gonna be on his way to main event status. 3/5

2nd Match - Mason Rytista/JTG
Random JTG sighting, but alas, twas for nothing but to put Mason "LookAtMeI'mGreen" Ryan over. I feel bad for JTG, he's a glorified floater and they should have never split the more-than-over Cryme Tyme up. Expect JTG to either be repackaged or future endeavored withing the next few months. Definitely not into Ryan at all. The face run is, in my opinion random. I think he needs to be heel, and he almost definitely needs a mouth piece. It's how Lesnar and Batista got over. 1/5 for the match because I'm feeling generous.

"Next week Raw isn't gonna get Rocked....Raw is gonna get COLED!" I'd rather suffer through anal bleeding than anymore of Cole's commentary, please give us a decent team or leave the entertainment to the wrestlers. I want commentators that call the match or tell the story of the match, not feud among themselves. You can have heel Cole but he has so much heat that he doesn't need to feud with anyone. King didn't wrestle J.R. back in the Attitude era. We never saw Heenan vs Monsoon. Sure we saw them jump into a feud every now and then but Cole has been at it all year, give it a rest already, no one cares. Shit.

3rd Match - Allberto Del Rio/Kofi Kingston
Surprised to see them keep the titles on Air Boom considering Bourne's situation, but I'm kinda glad because Kofi doesn't deserve to do nothing due to his partner's mistake. I speak too soon after we see Kofi tap faster than I thought possible. Why use Kofi to give ADR a cheap win? Does nothing but make Kofi look weak and takes further momentum from Air Boom. No rating.

STRONG segment from ADR and Punk. The crowd was completely behind it in every way possible. ADR was getting a ton of heat and Punk continues to be massively over with everyone. Say what you want about Punk, he may have lost steam since the summer, but when he speaks, you listen. I'm definitely interested in this feud and aside from Cena/Punk over the summer, I haven't been this into a WWE championship feud since Cena won the strap back in 05.

4th Match - Jack Swagger/Santino
Round 2 of this less-than-spectacular mini-feud. (I'm typing this as Raw goes and I totally typed "Round 2" before Cole said it :P) All I can say about this is eh. Nothing but a squash, but thank goodness Swagger got the win. I haven't been into Santino since 2009 and the win really didn't do anything for Swagger. Hopefully 2012 is a better year for Swagger than 2011, maybe even a title run or two could be in store for the All-American American. 1/5

Lame, and I mean LAME segment with the divas. I like the Divas of Doom, but I honestly think they aren't being used to to their full potential. I wanna see Mark henry-like domination from these 2, not lame mic skills and running away from divas they've been putting down for months. The only highlight (for me anyway) was the fact that my wife Eve came out for a brief minute. Also that cover isn't very PG WWE tsk tsk.

Nash gives us a decent promo furthering his feud with Trips. I just hope that Trips can carry Big Daddy Cool to a watchable match when the time comes for them to actually wrestle. And I use the term "wrestle" loosely.

More of ADR/Punk in the back and it looks like they're really giving this some attention and a proper build. I bet the WWE championship feels special, getting all this attention, I bet it doesn't know what to do. Also glad to see Otunga get the piss kicked out of him. I hate that prick.
"Don't make me take my Jacket off!" - John Laurinaitis, Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and Interim General Manager of Raw.(In case you didn't already know)

5th Match - Awesome Truth/Cena and Ryder(WWW You Know It!)
Myyyyy GAWD Ryder is over. Typical tag team match, with some pretty boring parts, but a few fun ones at that. Pretty lackluster end to the show, with the cheap win and the fade to black, but I'm not expecting a Nexus-esque ending to every Raw so whatever. 3/5

So, pretty uneventful show with the exception of a surprising Morrison win and some good stuff from ADR/Punk. ADR is slowly winning me over as a heel and overall superstar, and I hope he holds the belt for a bit, leaving Punk to get the belt at Mania. My biggest complaint here is the finish to the main event. For the past 2 weeks we had Cena making Awesome Truth look like jokes. Then tonight they get a cheap win, which don't get me wrong, it's expected from a heel team, but how are we supposed to believe that Cena needs The Rock to help him beat these guys if he doesn't seem to have any troubles. Over all I'd give the show a 5/10, and I'll see you folks next week. Deuces.

Submit "Raw Thoughts 11/07/11" to Digg Submit "Raw Thoughts 11/07/11" to del.icio.us Submit "Raw Thoughts 11/07/11" to StumbleUpon Submit "Raw Thoughts 11/07/11" to Google

Updated 11-07-2011 at 11:20 PM by RatedATB

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good read.

heres my two cents about last nights raw.. first of all i dont get the fascination over Zack Ryder.. and the fact that Supercena has to mention his name every 30 seconds tells me he is ready to cream his pants over him. shut up cena and let zack get over on his own wrestling ability. he doesnt have a believable finisher(that shit is a joke and everyone knows it). his internet shows are ok but where does that translate into a mid card(or a future hall of famer as cena put it, oh god).. what gets me is the arent using Awesome Truth properly. Miz should be the wwe champ and truth the us title. they should also compete for the tag titles then bring people in like the aforementioned JTG.... that dude is good. I agree the ziggles jomo match was on..dolph is still missing something..oh yea get rid of vickie. really though im not crazy on jomo either but it was a great match and a great ending.

I hate Mason Rytista.. shit shit and more shit.. and if i was JTG id want out of wwe unless the checks are the only thing keepin him there..punk and adr are on fire and i cant wait til they collide.. nash and trips i can do without. its cool to see them on tv but trips shouldve retired after mania in atlanta(i was there woo woo woo). and i agree about why they would squash kofi to adr.. makes kofi look megaweak.
    hi, I really enjoyed reading this review. I'm glad someones doing this.

@godsmack78 - I couldn't agree more about Ryder, he really annoys me in his promos and cena surely doesn't help by completely over doing it like that. in fact I remember saying a couple of months ago that Ryder could go on to be another cena, looks like he's on the fast track now (and I'm not even a cena hater)
    I am really glad That Awesome truth won,i think they should give cena random partners,and still make awesome truth win everytime,it would be nice buildup.Awesome truth need to look good before they face "Two of the best wrestlers currently in business"
    and the more ryder gets title shots it makes the us title look weak.. especially since its been around ziggles for i think well over 6 months.. and when dolph drops the belt it shouldnt be to ryder. evan bourne, jack swagger, hell even santino deserves a shot before even mentioning ryder.. how do you go from getting no airplay at all for over a year to getting a spot promo at mania and a title shot? John SuperCena...
    Good read! The only thing I disagree with, is your assessment of ADR v Kofi! First of all you can't really take monentum from AirBoom at the moment, due to the fact you're not going to see Bourne for the next month, so the momentum was pretty much on hiatus anyway! Also ADR, is the Champ and Kofi is a mid carder at best! I think with how weak the title has looked recently, getting mentioned as an afterthought etc, plus after ADR lost to Show, this match needed to be booked this way!
    As I say though, nice read!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979
    Good read! The only thing I disagree with, is your assessment of ADR v Kofi! First of all you can't really take monentum from AirBoom at the moment, due to the fact you're not going to see Bourne for the next month, so the momentum was pretty much on hiatus anyway! Also ADR, is the Champ and Kofi is a mid carder at best! I think with how weak the title has looked recently, getting mentioned as an afterthought etc, plus after ADR lost to Show, this match needed to be booked this way!
    As I say though, nice read!
    I completely agree with you in every way possible, except what I'm trying to get at is why it had to be Kofi considering they've spent the last few months trying to make Air Boom look like legit champs and then he was made to look like a nobody in a few seconds. I think they should've went with a Santino squash or someone along the lines of him. I would've also been fine with a longer match with ADR/Kofi resulting in a similar loss for Kofi, but the way they did it seemed to take every bit of momentum he had away. It came off like he was being punished for Bourne's mistake, but hey everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect yours and that you said it in a respectful way. Thanks for your feedback!
    So, pretty uneventful show with the exception of a surprising Morrison win and some good stuff from ADR/Punk. ADR is slowly winning me over as a heel and overall superstar, and I hope he holds the belt for a bit, leaving Punk to get the belt at Mania. My biggest complaint here is the finish to the main event. For the past 2 weeks we had Cena making Awesome Truth look like jokes. Then tonight they get a cheap win, which don't get me wrong, it's expected from a heel team, but how are we supposed to believe that Cena needs The Rock to help him beat these guys if he doesn't seem to have any troubles. Over all I'd give the show a 5/10
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Didn't remember anything except Morrison winning over Ziggler and Punk getting jacked up by Del-Rio backstage. Below Average show in my honest opinion. Oh well better than the muppets being there I guess.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.