View RSS Feed

knox

How "Wrestling Matters" Backfired on TNA & Impact Going Live

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Hey guys Knox here. I blog all the time about issues and problems within WWE & TNA. I know I'm viewed as a TNA hater but I generally watch the product but I have a hard time enjoying it. I know TNA has the most loyal fans so don't take this blog as bashing TNA. Point blank, they screwed up the "Wrestling Matters" gimmick and I'll tell you why.

Wrestling Matters was in response to WWE banning the word "Wrestling":
Ok Vince banning the world Wrestling was the dumbest idea ever seeing as their not fighting, boxing or performing karate in the ring. Their wrestling in that damn ring and cutting the word is spitting in the face of the greats of this business.

TNA attempted to feed off this and come up with "Wrestling Matters" in response to WWE cutting the word "Wrestling". Its clearly obvious that this was the case as TNA is known as a company that pays close attention to their competition and just loves to bring up their name.

So where did "Wrestling Matters" & TNA screw up?
This is an easy one. TNA screwed this up simply by "CUTTING THE WRESTLING DAMN NEAR IN HALF ON EVERY IMPACT SHORTY AFTER INITIATING THE WRESTLING MATTER'S CAMPAIGN". That's where they messed up.

How in the hell do you make that mistake? TNA's Reaction had more wrestling than Impact currently does (that was a joke).

Bad Business Bad Business Bad Business:
Who's really pulling the strings in TNA? This company has some of the worst execs and I can bet not too many in people have a degree in Business Management, Finance or Marketing.

Who's the guy cutting the wrestling time to showcase Bischoff & his son's stupid ass angle?

Who's the guy pulling the strings that decides to treat the TNA World Title as a TV Title since Roode & James picked up the belt. Back when 87 year old Sting & Kurt Angle were champ, the belt was the treated like an actual title.

TNA not having the "Finances" to go LIVE:
This is because they pay Hogan $2 million a year and pays these wrestlers over 40 huge money so of course they won't have the funds to go live. But does it ruin ratings? Hell yeah

Knockouts Salaries:
So the beautiful and talent Knockouts are anonymously the highest rated segments on Impact. How do TNA execs reward them? Easy, they pay both Mickie James and a chick that doesn't even wrestle by the name of Christy Hemme over $100,000.

But Knockouts like Angelina Love and Velvet Sky are getting around $400 an appearance. That's a big issue.

The Best Era of TNA: The Jim Cornette Era
TNA was at an all time high with the six sided ring and Jim Cornette in control. This was around the time when Angle made his debut and had one of the greatest feuds in wrestling history with Samoa Joe. It was a very well booked feud.

The way AJ Styles was put on as the top guy was just phenomenal (no pun intended). Now that isn't the case any longer.

Dixie Carter, Eric Bischoff, Vince Russo & Hulk Hogan = Cancer to Wrestling
They took this company and literally ruined it with bad business decisions, bad booking and just an overall lack of knowledge of the business. I think these guys are so obsessed with competing with the WWE that they let the product die.

They're afraid to take risk which is unbelievable. Bischoff was a huge risk taker back in those WCW days and that's what made them a huge force. Hogan is just an egomaniac.

Russo still books every match with the same nWo style ending that he did every freakin night in WCW. The guy is a cancer to this business. I won't even mention Dixie.

TNA's Biggest Mistake: Not Bringing in Paul Heyman
Biggest mistake ever. They were close to a deal but Dixie disliked Heyman's idea of cutting the old guys loose like Scott Steiner and the others. Heyman wanted the company to be put in the hands of the homegrown and younger talent. This was an awesome idea but not in Dixie's mind.

They missed out on a huge opportunity. We can pretty much assume that Brock Lesnar will return to the WWE in some form of fashion even if its as a special referee. The WWE & Brock Lesnar recently broke bread with the WWE 12 game which was setup by Heyman.

Couldn't Heyman have easily booked an angle in which Brock showed up on Impact for a month or two. Hell, the history that Brock & Kurt Angle have is enough right there to start something big. I think Brock could've gave TNA a huge ratings boost.

TNA Enabling James Storm to Perform with a Concussion:
Jesus Christ TNA DOES SOMEBODY HAVE TO DIE BEFORE YOU GUYS WAKE UP? Is risking a man's life worth selling an angle? James Storm should not be wrestling, one botch and a shot to the head could knock him unconscious or even kill him.

TNA has enabled guys for years including Jeff Hardy. Hell read Goldust's book. These guys don't give a damn about the health of their wrestlers. People come to TNA just because they know the rules are not enforced.

Hell guys like RVD can smoke as much pot as he wants. Something he was busted for damn near every month when he was in the WWE. These people wanna sell an angle and that's it.

But it's the WWE that gets all the negative views by society. The WWE funds rehab for former employees but they still are under grief. Would someone send the FBI to investigate TNA?

Conclusion:
I love TNA & I want them to do good. The wrestling business needs competition. But when you have the dumbest execs and the worst business people running a company then this will not be achieved. They have to wake up and push the X-Division and do whatever it takes.

Thanks guys for reading and any feedback is welcome. If you wanna bash me its cool, we're through a computer so my feelings shouldn't be hurt too bad. This is opinionated but any real wrestling fan can agree if they look at the situation unbiased.

Submit "How "Wrestling Matters" Backfired on TNA & Impact Going Live" to Digg Submit "How "Wrestling Matters" Backfired on TNA & Impact Going Live" to del.icio.us Submit "How "Wrestling Matters" Backfired on TNA & Impact Going Live" to StumbleUpon Submit "How "Wrestling Matters" Backfired on TNA & Impact Going Live" to Google

Updated 11-07-2011 at 10:06 AM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I would rather cut off my nuts than watch an episode of Impact. Just sayin'
    Testify! Amen brother.
    Well I gotta say I don't agree with everything your saying but I certainly understand why you feel that way. I also feel its worth adding that you did an awesome job of writing the blog.

This is in no way a criticism of you or your blog and its content. When I say some of these things have been discussed before I am sure you understand where I am coming from. Please don't take it as an insult. Because its one of my favorite subjects, what I wanted to say about it is the newest item on the blog

What I am referring to is James Storm working hurt. Pretty much I feel this is storyline. On the after the bell webisode. That shows stuff at the end of the show. Last week he (James Storm) was seen being checked by what seemed to be an on screen doctor. He also announced on his twitter that he would be back before the 6 to 8 weeks that the doctors ordered. TNA has been better about ppl working hurt lately. It was said back when mr Anderson got hurt awhile back they wouldn't let him work until he got better. Now I will more than grant you that Tna does not have the greatest track record when it comes to people working hurt. I might be wrong but I don't think they will be knowingly let people work with a concussion. If he is working hurt, for what its worth his house shows he drank a beer with his opponent magnusen while he cut a promo did a super kick 1-2-3. Again I don't think he is legit hurt. Just saying
    Impact Who?
    Hogan, Russo and Bischoff were good for the wrestling business, years ago. Now they are cancerous to it. Yesterday, I watched a promo with CM Punk taking a shot at TNA, and Hogan responding by saying that "hes had years of experience in the company, and will improve it". This promo was years old, and to date, Hogan hasn't really done any improving. The only good thing is the new stage, which looks more professional than the old one, and the live shows.

But TNA tends to do this a lot - hire famous WWE wrestler, push them to a world title straight away, while ignoring your homegrown talent and pay the ex - WWE wrestlers a ridiculous amount of money, even when they don't wrestle as much as TNA originals. They think that a big name can draw. Well they can't. If they could, Anderson, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Ric Flair, and Hulk Hogan would have gotten the company much higher ratings. But they didn't. However, I think that fans are more interested in seeing the old school TNA, with the 6 - sided ring, more matches than just promos, and the homegrown talent being spotlighted. TNA recently had their highest rating to date, and I firmly believe that was due to Robert Roode winning the world title on Impact.
    Thank. You. Knox. I think you are the most relevant and seemingly unbiased blogger out there. You consider all angles and make your judgement.

I too thought the cornette era was the best era of all time in TNA. When Kurt just jumped ship, TNA went crazy with amazing matches like the Samoa Joe feud and a great King of the Mountain match...which I also miss...

People who were relevant were represented (Joe, Styles, Angle, Christian)

But now honestly, I don't know why, but everything did fall apart, and we aren't behind the scenes so we don't know what exactly fell apart. But I think it was that era when Angle just jumped when TNA was most relevant.

sad to see those days gone.
    Thank. You. Knox. I think you are the most relevant and seemingly unbiased blogger out there. You consider all angles and make your judgement.

I too thought the cornette era was the best era of all time in TNA. When Kurt just jumped ship, TNA went crazy with amazing matches like the Samoa Joe feud and a great King of the Mountain match...which I also miss...

People who were relevant were represented (Joe, Styles, Angle, Christian)

But now honestly, I don't know why, but everything did fall apart, and we aren't behind the scenes so we don't know what exactly fell apart. But I think it was that era when Angle just jumped when TNA was most relevant.

sad to see those days gone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.