View RSS Feed

timfeyenoord

The Leftovers Stars of WWE & TNA

Rate this Entry
Alright, after reading Rick Starr's blog about leftover stars and the huge discussion that followed I decided to make a blog to really see who picks up a lot of leftovers.

Now first of all I will give you the qualifying of being a leftover is that you have established your name somewhere else and then go to a company at an older age. So guys like AJ Styles don't count becuase even though he was in WWE before he went to TNA, he really made his name in TNA. You also need to have wrestled in the last couple of months.

I'm going through both TNA's and WWE's rosters and decide who I consider leftovers. Let's start with WWE:

Big Show: Made his name in WCW even becoming WCW World Heavyweight Champion at his debut
Daniel Bryan: Was a big star in the Indy's before coming to the WWE
Evan Bourne: Same as Bryan
R-Truth: Although he started at the WWE as K-Kwik in 2001 or something like that, he made his name in TNA becoming a 2-time World Champion there.
Rey Mysterio: Was one of the best cruiserweights in WCW winning the Cruiserweight Championship multiple times
William Regal: Started as Steven Regal in WCW and winning their Television Championship multiple times

So that are 6 for the WWE now let's look at TNA:

Brian Kendrick: Although he never won a singles title in the WWE he did stay there for quite a long time and even got a WWE Championship Match
Bully Ray: One of the best tag team wrestlers in history but was in ECW and the WWE for a long time before coming to TNA
D'Angelo Dinero: Was in the WWE as Elijah Burke for quite sometimes. Spend some time in WWECW leading the New Breed and challenging for the WWECW Championship
Devon: Same story as Bully Ray
Hulk Hogan: Biggest star in history but seriously needs to retire. Reason I included him is that he had a match at BFG and is rumoured to return to the ring again.
Jackie Moore: Was in the WWE for a very long time becoming a Cruiserweight and multiple time Women's Champion
Jeff Hardy: Same story as Bully Ray and Devon.
Jeff Jarett: Multiple time WCW and IC Champion. Ofcourse the founder of TNA but the reason I put him in here is that he's still active in the ring.
Kurt Angle: Olympic gold medalist, WWE, World Heavyweight and WCW Champion before he left for TNA
Mickie James: Started in the WWE with a great feud with Trish Stratus. Multiple time Women's Champion.
Mr Anderson: Very charismatic guy. Went under the name Mr Kennedy in the WWE. Became a former US Champion and Mr MITB
Ric Flair: 16 time World Champ and although recently not active, whenever he's around he's in the ring.
Rob Van Dam: Was a former WWE, WWECW, IC Champion in WWE and a Mr MITB. Also one of the greats in the original ECW.
Scott Steiner: A former WCW Champion and had spend some time in the WWE before and after his run with WCW
Sting: Ofcourse one of the best in WCW. Multiple time WCW Champion.

So that's 15 for TNA. Let's look at the score: WWE: 6 TNA: 15. I think the numbers speak for themselves.

Submit "The Leftovers Stars of WWE & TNA" to Digg Submit "The Leftovers Stars of WWE & TNA" to del.icio.us Submit "The Leftovers Stars of WWE & TNA" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Leftovers Stars of WWE & TNA" to Google

Updated 11-02-2011 at 03:40 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    cm punk was an indie star,chris jericho was established in wcw. Booker is not on the list? Jim Ross also started in the nwa or wcw i forget sry. Also Mic Foley was established before he started in wwe (he is rumored to be coming back)

thought I would help
    Sin Cara and Hunico were with AAA before the WWE.
    Jerry Lawler as well sry almost forgot
    Technically every person on every roster is a leftover. Almost all wrestlers performed for smaller companies before being signed by WWE or TNA. I don't see why you made this. The leftover argument is one of the worst arguments in the IWC. As long as a wrestler can entertain you, why should you care about what company they came from.
    i think this is a great blog. Yeah u missed out a couple of names from WWE & TNA but the overall fact is that TNA have made a name for scooping up ex WWE wrestlers or developed wrestlers.

TNA are about to also get the Jersey Shore dude. And don't forget Tara, Winter (Katie Lee Burchill), Tazz, Christy Hemme and Gail Kim. TNA is famous for leftovers lol great blog
    Quote Originally Posted by monctonvike
    cm punk was an indie star,chris jericho was established in wcw. Booker is not on the list? Jim Ross also started in the nwa or wcw i forget sry. Also Mic Foley was established before he started in wwe (he is rumored to be coming back)

thought I would help
    So as I said only guys who've wrestled in recent memory. So no Booker, no Foley, np Jericho, no Ross, no Foley and no Lawler
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson
    Technically every person on every roster is a leftover. Almost all wrestlers performed for smaller companies before being signed by WWE or TNA. I don't see why you made this. The leftover argument is one of the worst arguments in the IWC. As long as a wrestler can entertain you, why should you care about what company they came from.
    I made this to end the discussion. And a leftover in my book is someone who establishes their name in a company, then get releaseed and go to another company. And I never said there's anything wrong with that. I'll make another blog on these guys
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.