View RSS Feed

poshboy

Should Wrestlemania have a Money In The Bank Match?

Rate this Entry
The first money in the bank match occurred at Wrestlemania 21. Since then a further 5 more matches were held at Wrestlemania, the last being at Wrestlemania 26.

The success of this stipulation led to MITB having its own ppv in July 2010. The most recent edition of this ppv was arguably the best ppv of 2011. However this years Wrestlemania 27 was the first Wrestlemania not to have a MITB match.

People will say that with MITB having its own successful ppv, there is no need for a match at Wrestlemania and if such a match was to occur, then there would be no need for its own ppv.

However please do hear me out;

1. The match at Wrestlemania would be for the lower/mid card talent and the title shot would be for the Intercontinental or United States Championships. For example the match could be filled with Alex Riley, Evan Bourne, Ted Dibiase, Drew McIntyre, Zack Ryder, Mason Ryan etc.....

2. This would give these lower wrestlers a chance to shine on the grandest stage of them all in an exciting match.

3. It could push wrestlers who have fallen down by the wayside (looking at you Drew) to start appearing more regularly on TV and ppvs and challenging for Championships.

Now here is the catch, the winner of this MITB match does not get the same rights as the winner of the Main Smackdown and Raw matches. They cannot cash in their contract whenever they like. Instead they choose the Championship they want to go after. For example Evan Bourne on Raw the night after Wrestlemania chooses that he will go after the Intercontinental belt. This match is therefore scheduled at the MITB ppv itself against the title holder whenever the ppv rolls around.

Now I believe this would be beneficial because as I said, this is for the lower wrestlers. By having 3/4 months the time after Wrestlemania till MITB, the wrestler is able to appear on TV more often, work on his mic skills and in ring ability and further broaden his character to the extent where if they lose at MITB, the WWE now has a solid wrestler who is built up and over with the fans and therefore able to engage in a series of other feuds, which is what the WWE wants with its wrestlers, for them to get over and be built up.

Hit me with your thoughts below

Submit "Should Wrestlemania have a Money In The Bank Match?" to Digg Submit "Should Wrestlemania have a Money In The Bank Match?" to del.icio.us Submit "Should Wrestlemania have a Money In The Bank Match?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Should Wrestlemania have a Money In The Bank Match?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bus? i meant push lol
    I'd probably let some other match return like the King of the Ring, but perhaps that would take to much time.

I would say the King of the Mountain match is pretty spectacular to, but I don't know if TNA owns that stipulation and it won't be legal for the WWE to use it.

Maybe some sort of new stipulation like an elimination table match or just a regular elimination match, I would definitely watch that.
    Great idea. As I was reading it I was shaking my head because I hated the fact that MITB winners could cash in anytime, but as soon as I read that they can't cash this one in whenever they want I was all for it.
    I agree with Jags. Introduce a new match type for the lower cards. It would have to be able to be assembled during a backstage segment cause a cage hanging over the ring is not something you will see at wrestlemania because it destroys the look. My though would be a multi-man street fight elimination match (Called "The Road at Wrestlemania Match") or falls count anywhere where they could do it during Wrestlemania Access,go all over with fans around, and show a replay during Wrestlemania or they could simply fight all over the arena live. Winner could get the #40 spot in the Royal Rumble, but that would be too far away to make a difference. Any use of ladders wouldremind of MITB.
    Money In The Bank was created for WrestleMania, i could not believe it was pulled from it so it could have its own PPV. and 2 matches? no need really.
    although i dont agree with all your points, you put them across to me very well, and your blog was fascinating to read. good job!
    I see what your saying. Unfortunatly when the WWE created the MITB PPV it made the MITB match at WrestleMania obsolete. What I would like to see at WrestleMania is a replacement for MITB. WrestleMania has always been about tradition, wether it be celebrity matches, MITB matches, or the Undertaker Streak (which is going to be gone next year as well). WrestleMania 27 was rather dry, and I fear 28 is going to be the same.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.