View RSS Feed

poshboy

My WWE PPV Dreamlist

Rate this Entry
Short Analysis of World Wrestling Entertainment Pay Per Views
This is my first blog and whilst watching Vengeance last night, it hit me how poor the PPVS have been in the WWE this year. Bar the exception of maybe money in the bank and the royal rumble, I have found the others to be average to poor. As a result I thought I would write how I think WWE should do their ppvs

WWE in the space of 12 calendar months has 13 ppvs. From September we had NOC to Hell In A Cell to Vengeance. That is 3 ppvs in 5 weeks (what idiot thought that would be good? ) and at a cost of 40 bucks a show, that is almost 520 dollars spent a year way too much. So below is my ppv structure;

January- Royal Rumble. One of the "big four" and perhaps one of the best shows WWE does. The Rumble itself is always full of excitement, well executed wrestling spots and tension and numerous feuds and memorable moments have come from this show.

February- Elimination Chamber. One of the better Gimmick ppvs the WWE does and helps build up the story lines towards Wrestlemania. However 2011 was poor and there should be 2 Chambers instead of "The Miz" fighting a 62 year old commentator.

March- Wrestlemania. Grandest stage of them all which has produced classic moments over the years. However a Money In The Bank match should take place here.

April- Vengeance. Place Vengeance here as the name matches what the losers of Wrestlemania want and allow it to wrap up the story lines from the grandest stage of them all.

Late May/Early June- Money In the Bank. The best show this year and probably the best match stipulation the WWE has come up with in a long time.

July- Summerslam. Another one of the "Big Four" and the summer classic which deserves the place due to tradition.

August- Night Of Champions. I like the idea of every belt being defended and although this show was poor this year, it at least gives some belts that haven't featured predominately on other shows to shine.

September-Stipulation ppv. Instead of having poor "Gimmick" ppvs such as Hell In the Cell or Extreme Rules, why not have a ppv full of different stipulations which would add the excitement and could be used to end feuds after Summerslam and Night of champions. For Example a Hell IN A Cell Match, whereas other matches are Lumberjack, Last Man Standing, TLC etc...

October-Bragging Rights. I actually liked the idea of Raw vs Smackdown and this helps build up potential feuds and teams for Survivor Series.

November-Survivor Series. "Big Four" and full of tradition with a great 5v5 tag team match. Also the beginning of the buildup to Wrestlemania.

December-NONE. I would not have a ppv in December as it lets the wrestlers have time off. Instead have a 3 hour long Tribute to the Troops or Christmas special.

Submit "My WWE PPV Dreamlist" to Digg Submit "My WWE PPV Dreamlist" to del.icio.us Submit "My WWE PPV Dreamlist" to StumbleUpon Submit "My WWE PPV Dreamlist" to Google

Updated 10-24-2011 at 10:38 AM by Frank

Tags: ppv, wwe
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Damn!! The best idea of this blog (apart frm reducing no. of PPVs per year))..is having MITB match in Wrestlemania..n MITB shud be only one..that opens a story..when the winner can go anyplace or any show to become a champ..

Everyone is supporting MITB this year because it featured one of the gr8 storied match...that match can be on any PPV....

BbottomLine is no need of seperate PPV with the name MITB, n also gimmick PPVs like TLC, EC r not so gud...yeah as u hav suggested a PPV with stipulated matches is a gud idea..n NOC is a gud concept as atleast for that PPV we can have all champs featured IN...
    atleasst 5-6Weeks build up shud be there for Wrestlemania..then gud storied matches will come...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.