View RSS Feed

nrb6304

PG isn't the problem

Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
HELLO IWC!! TNA's newest creative writer (we all wish) back again.

I recently (like ten minutes ago) read a post entitled "I miss the good old days". The post was about the Y2J/HHH 2000 match when Y2J won the WWF title but HHH had the referee reverse the match. The post commented on the fact that the crowd erupted when Y2J won and then criticized the WWE's PG product.

LADIES AND GENTS, WWE PG is NOT the problem. Because if you go back and watch WWF 2000, short matches, quick pace, but not very good WRESTLING.

So what made it work?

THE ROSTER. People cared about the roster!
Let's compare the rosters.
(I will be using the roster who competed at Survivor Series 2000)

WWF 2000:
Steve Blackman, Crash Holly, Molly Holly
Test, Albert, Trish Stratus
Kane
Chris Jericho
William Regal
Hardcore Holly
The Rock
Ivory
Lita
The Dudleyz
The Hardyz
Edge and Christian
Bull Buchanan
The Goodfather
Steve Austin
Triple H
The Undertaker

Just look at that roster....don't worry I'll wait.

That roster has DEPTH, that roster is a roster that people CARED about.

Taz, Raven, The Dudleyz all from ECW, people were going APE SH*& over them being in the WWF

The Radicalz all just freaking defected from WCW where Chris Beniot was WCW champion!

Austin, Rock, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Kane all at the top of their game

The Undertaker just coming back from his return with his overly populary American Badass Gimmick

The three top tag teams EVER tearing down the house every PPV.

People cared about this roster, this was probably the hottest roster EVER.

Let's look at WWE ten years later
Randy Orton
Wade Barrett
John Cena
Edge
Kane
Layla, Michelle McCool
Natayla
Nexus
Santino, Vladimir
John Morrison
Sheamus
Rey Mysterio, Kofi Kingston, Chris Masters, Big Show, MVP
Albert Del Rio, Tyler Reks, Drew McIntyre, Jack Swagger, Cody Rhodes
Dolph Ziggler
Kaval
Daniel Bryan
Ted DiBiase

Besides a select few, do you really care about these guys?
Not really no, I mean hell if you read these forums you know that I have NO LOVE for Tyler Reks.

But, if you look at the match QUALITY of 2000 vs. 2010....2010 is better (IMO) with guys like Kaval, Jo-Mo, Daniel Bryan, Ted DiBiase. The matches we are watching can be great!

The problem ISN'T PG, the problem ISN'T the fans, the problem is the roster, there is NO interest, hell even the creative team has said the roster sucks. NOT THEIR WRESTLING ABILITIES, just the fact that they're not cared enough by the fans.

I HATE to say this, but if Super Cena got hurt, and couldn't even be APART of TLC, how bad do you think those PPV buys would be? Think they would even be CLOSE to hitting a million? I don't.

The WWE needs to make people CARE about their roster, CARE about their superstars and what they're doing.

The best example is the Nexus/Cena storyline. People CARE about what happen to Cena (kids do and guess what they're who matters) they HATE Nexus for making Cena their bitch. They HAVE to know what happens to Cena.

But honestly, they could give two shakes of a lamb leg about Kaval, Dolph Ziggler. Which is SAD, because we all know that they WILL steal the show (Jo-Mo/Sheamus has promise) but the kids are who matter, and they have no reason to cheer Kaval, and boo Ziggler.

The basis of this rant is simple: I don't give a damn who sings the national anthem at Wrestlemania, Justin Beiber, Kid Rock, KISS, Metallica, AC/DC, Snoop Dog, Drake, I DON'T CARE, what I care about is who is gonna fight and put on the best show ala wrestling. PG isn't the problem, PG has made these guys actually have to WRESTLE, but the fact is the stories suck, and the roster is bland.

Submit "PG isn't the problem" to Digg Submit "PG isn't the problem" to del.icio.us Submit "PG isn't the problem" to StumbleUpon Submit "PG isn't the problem" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BINGO! I believe you hit the nail right on the head with the roster comparison but personally, I still believe that the PG rating is PART of the problem. WWE doesn't just have one single problem but many that makes the product stale.
    I don't think it's just the roster. I mean granted the roster is bad compared to the early 2000's but those were the best years in wrestling so it's gonna be a little hard to match. I just think that WWE doesn't have any more interesting storylines anymore, and part of that is because they are PG and can't go for certain angles in fear of loosing their targeted fans. And also the value of the belts has decreased too much. Back in 2000 the IC title was basically the second biggest honor you could get, what about now ? Nobody even pays attention to it.
    The rosters pretty good, its just the way they present things have gotten bland. It became cookie cutter form on Monday Night Raw.

Whatever happen to the days when you didn't know what the hell to expect? From Big Show rolling a car onto Al Snow or Stone Cold driving a beer truck in.

It's not the roster itself as I feel this roster is much more talented, it's how they present their roster and how they build em up.

Plus there isn't any other big company to produce stars and create dream matches for people. But TNA is starting to make WWE notice them now.
    But PG is allowing kids to be the main fanbase which leads to them not liking a Kaval-Ziggler program because they can't appreciate it. That's not their fault obviously, but it would be solved by scrapping PG
    I completely agree with you but to be honest i would overly mark out if AC/DC did the National anthem at 'Mania. But you are right on everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justdawg08
    The rosters pretty good, its just the way they present things have gotten bland. It became cookie cutter form on Monday Night Raw.

Whatever happen to the days when you didn't know what the hell to expect? From Big Show rolling a car onto Al Snow or Stone Cold driving a beer truck in.

It's not the roster itself as I feel this roster is much more talented, it's how they present their roster and how they build em up.

Plus there isn't any other big company to produce stars and create dream matches for people. But TNA is starting to make WWE notice them now.
    I think you're actually saying the same thing. Nrb6304 is saying those things that you describe made you care about the guys you are mentioning. Nothing exciting or unpredictable is being done with the wrestlers to really draw your attention enough to care who wins or loses a rivaralry.
    hmmm nyc interesting post nrb

i agree with alot of your comments but i sincerely think that matches ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
    sum matches are excellent like lower carders, and smackdown is alot better than raw but ure ryt in the sense that no1 is actually emotionally affected by the wrestlers.

but, kids arent thye 1 priority, forget them, they like anyting they see on tv from freakin dora the explorer or wateva to sum ova crap, it dusnt mean wwe has to be kid friendly, it ruins it for us.
    i mean chek out this past raw, WOW i hate cena but damn an amazing promo from the heart, my respect for that dude has SHOT up like it did when he was da rapper.
    he made kdis cheer and us older men boo lol
    a great example, wwe has alot of potential but if they giv the belt to the likes of the miz, the future is bleak my friends

bruno sammartino, hogan, macho man, ric flair, shawn michaels, hart, diesel (NASH), the undertaker, austin, the rock, Y2J, kurt angle, EDDIE GUERRERO, and now the miz, WTF!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.