View RSS Feed

Amerinaine

TNA: An Overview (Pt. 2)

Rate this Entry
To continue where I left off on TNA the last time.

Here in the last few shows it seems the tag division has kind of hit a stale section. You don't see much in the way of feuding between many different tag teams like you used too. Motor City Machine Guns have been absent. The only two I have seen have been Ink Inc. and Mexican America. And of course M.A. got the belts from Beer Money. The few tag teams that were a part of TNA were interesting. Now it is just filler. Take it back to what it was.

The X-Division is probably the most entertaining thing about TNA. Austin Aries is an excellent athlete and fantastic heel. He is drawing heat like no one else right now (Save John Lauranitus on RAW.). Jesse Sorenson has great in ring ability and is being developed well by putting him in a feud with Kid Kash. So as you watch them on TV you can only see him get better. The re-introduction of Kash was a stroke of genius on TNAs part. He can be used to help the younger talent get over as well entertain those who know his work. He brings more of a mat based style to the X-Division.

Brian Kendrick. Eh, I never really cared for him. I guess he is OK, but the drunken monkey style just is a bad wrestling form. And the tree hugger gimmick and the why can't we just get along thing is just boring.

Karen Jarret wasn't a true part of the knockouts until recently, but she is perfect for her role. She makes me want to hate her, and I love it. That is exactly what a heel character is supposed to do. I want that feeling of "I wish I could strangle you right now." It makes her character believable. So, if TNA knows what is good for them, they keep her in this VP over Knockouts role.

Bring back Gail Kim was a fantastic idea. Even if EVERYONE saw it coming. I think she will add some credibility to the product. And it gives them a second Knockout with a good look for your pervy male fans.

I think that is all right now. I can tell you I will do a Knockout and Diva Overview soon. As there have been happenings since my last Knockout/Diva overview.

Submit "TNA: An Overview (Pt. 2)" to Digg Submit "TNA: An Overview (Pt. 2)" to del.icio.us Submit "TNA: An Overview (Pt. 2)" to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA: An Overview (Pt. 2)" to Google

Comments

Also to add to this. Not adding the 6 sided ring is a mistake. It was the identifying mark of TNA. It was instantly recognizable and gave the matches more uniqueness. It added different angles for some maneuvers that you don't get with the traditional 4 sides.
    Sabin is injured so that's why we don't have MCMG right now. Magnus won the X-plosion tournament and he said he would use it for the Tag titles so I see them getting the belts soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine
    Also to add to this. Not adding the 6 sided ring is a mistake. It was the identifying mark of TNA. It was instantly recognizable and gave the matches more uniqueness. It added different angles for some maneuvers that you don't get with the traditional 4 sides.
    I don't think the 6 sided ring will ever come back. Wrestlers themselves have complained about it and in my opinion, it made them look like an indie company.
    That 6-sided ring was ridiculous I am glad it is gone. The number sides of a ring has no impact on an organization it's the wrestlers, storlines, gimmicks, charisma, etc. The identifying mark of Tna wasn't the six sided ring it was the X-division No limits.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.