View RSS Feed

Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Is Daniel Bryan Ready To Be A World Champion?

Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Amongst the huge discussion with John Cena and his possible heel turn, I've decided to throw another topic of discussion into the mix. I'll probably be doing more of these blogs focusing on one wrestler, depending on how they are received. So let's kick things off with my current favorite wrestler in WWE, Daniel Bryan.

One question I see going around the IWC is "Mr. Money in the Bank" Daniel Bryan ready to be a world champion. Some say he is not ready because of how poorly WWE has booked him overall, more specifically in 2011. He has barely been featured in 2011, even though he is Mr. Money in the Bank. In 2011 alone, he has been booked on THREE PPVs out of a total number of thirteen PPVs, perhaps four if he gets a match at TLC. Hell, he was barely booked on Smackdown!; and when he was featured on Smackdown!, he was used to put over wrestlers like Alberto Del Rio and Sin Cara and advance feuds between people like Henry & Big Show. Only now does WWE begin to book Daniel Bryan somewhat strongly. I'm sure all my readers buzzed when he cashed in on Henry and won the championships for only a minute, before Teddy Long took it away from him in a very questionable manner. I'm also sure most of my readers enjoyed the steel cage match this past LIVE Smackdown! on Tuesday. When Daniel Bryan is booked strongly, he can create interest and make us want to tune into him. That is a very important characteristic to have when trying to determine a future main eventer.

So, personally, do I believe Daniel Bryan is currently ready to be a world champion? No. Because he lacks the necessary exposure and build to really make fans care about him as a champion. That is not necessarily Daniel Bryan's fault either. The fault lies on WWE for not booking him strongly. If they were to give Daniel Bryan the championship right now before he reached his peak, he would resemble the first reigns of Sheamus and Jack Swagger. Premature, lackluster, non-eventful, and most of all -- forgettable. Why? Because people will find it hard to believe a guy who WAS NOT featured all the much in 2011 and who just got off a huge losing streak is truly worthy of holding such a prestigious championship held by legends like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting, Diamond Dallas Page, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Edge, The Undertaker, and The Rock. The Indy wrestling fans may disagree with me because they've seen him at his best as Bryan Danielson. Unfortunately, not everyone watches Indy wrestling and sadly a majority of modern day wrestling fans watch mainstream, so they're not aware of what he can really do. It hurts just to write this out because he is my favorite wrestler, but it is the truth.

Now, is it possible for him to be ready for the world championship? My answer to that is a RESOUNDING YES! Despite how poorly he has been booked, Daniel Bryan has ALL the credentials to make for a GREAT main event player. I doubt anyone can honestly say this kid is NOT one of the best technical wrestlers in this industry today. He is an amazing story-teller inside the ring, almost to the degree of how amazing Bret Hart was. He has really good microphone skills and knows what to say to make people care. He exudes passion that is addicting and dare-I-say contagious because it makes everything he does in segments and matches ten times better than what it normally would be. His look is unique too. He does not have a special physic or an eye-catching appeal. He is just a common man who wrestles in a common in-ring gear. Trust me, in an age of wrestling full of muscle-bond, pretty-boy looking, gimmicky personalities, Daniel Bryan as a common man wrestler sticks out like a sore thumb. He is very professional and does not go out of his way to put anyone down. Even when he was unjustly fired in 2010, he not once said anything bad about the WWE, unlike most of the WWE rejects and failures do every chance they get. He does his best to make all his opponents look good and that is a key element to have being a top player in the company. So when it comes down to it, he has the credentials TO BE a good world champion and a main eventer. The only thing he is missing is the EXPOSURE to prove to people he does have the credentials and the build up to make people care and get behind him. Once WWE gives him that, I am POSITIVE he will make believers out of the doubters and everyone will be riding the American Dragon Express. WWE just needs to capitalize on the talent they have.

The best possible solution at this point in time is for WWE to hold off another title shot for Daniel Bryan until Wrestlemania 28 and have this kid start making people TAP. He needs to build some credibility. Based off of the history with WWE and other past talents, the only fear I have with Daniel Bryan is that he will be another wasted talent used to advance other stars and not used AS a star. At the end of the day, it all depends on how WWE sees him. If they see him as a jobber, they will book him as a jobber. If they see him as a main eventer, they will book him as a main eventer. What will influence how WWE sees Daniel Bryan is how well the crowd receives him. Numerous crowds like Madison Square Garden and Chicago have acknowledged Daniel Bryan as a legit player and chanted his name on more than one occasion. It is because of Fatal Four Way 2010 ending with a DANIEL BRYAN chant that he was brought back from his firing. So if you want him to be a main eventer, do your part and support him. Go to the events, make your AMERICAN DRAGON signs, and chant his name. Buy the PPVs he is being featured on. Show the WWE that you want to see DANIEL BRYAN. Eventually, they will listen. If they listened to us to push Zack Ryder, they will listen to us to push Daniel Bryan.

Thanks for reading. Feedback is appreciated.

Submit "Is Daniel Bryan Ready To Be A World Champion?" to Digg Submit "Is Daniel Bryan Ready To Be A World Champion?" to del.icio.us Submit "Is Daniel Bryan Ready To Be A World Champion?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Is Daniel Bryan Ready To Be A World Champion?" to Google

Updated 12-02-2011 at 01:59 PM by Wrestling_Deluxe_08

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions , User News

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Here is an issue most fans or IWC doesn't take into consideration. It is not what Vince can do for you, is what can you do for Vince! Daniel Bryan got a great opportunity by winning the Money in the Bank. After he won that, he didn't really step it up and prove that he deserved to win. It comes downs to this, it applies to all wrestlers, why should Vince invest money into someone who in return is not going to do anything to help Vince make money?
    I totally agree with this blog! Great job man! It's definitely too early for Bryan too hold a World Championship. In fact, I'd actually like to see him lose his match at Mania. Even though there is still quite a few months till the event I still don't think he'll be ready to win the belt come then. Before people start to get on my case, Shawn Michaels lost his first WWF Championship match at Mania then won it a year later in what was one of the greatest Mania moment of all time! I think if they done this with Bryan, it would help his career in the long run.

Also, AOF666 you bring up a really great point!
    Quote Originally Posted by AOF666
    Here is an issue most fans or IWC doesn't take into consideration. It is not what Vince can do for you, is what can you do for Vince! Daniel Bryan got a great opportunity by winning the Money in the Bank. After he won that, he didn't really step it up and prove that he deserved to win. It comes downs to this, it applies to all wrestlers, why should Vince invest money into someone who in return is not going to do anything to help Vince make money?
    How can he step it up when he had to lose to Wade Barrett and Sin Cara and pretty well anyone for months and months?? The whole story of giving Bryan the MITB only to have him job to everyone and booked like a moron isnt because of Daniel Bryan, it is because of WWE creative being a hot mess. Too many cooks in the kitchen and theyre doing "day of" booking with NO direction, espcially on Smackdown. hence the 2nd lowest PPV buyrate in company history in October.

This is like saying Dolph Ziggler didnt run with it when he beat Edge for the title for 7 days.

The only time Bryan has been picking up any steam is lately because they have had him you know, WINNING matches. Not out there servicing guys he can wrestle circles around.

why should Vince invest money into someone who in return is not going to do anything to help Vince make money? Aside from a MITB win and maybe recommendations on growing a beard. Nobody did anything to help this man from the second he won that breifcase.
    ps: Nice blog man, very well done. Passionate and enjoyable
    Great blog mate, Daniel Bryan is also my favourite superstar, unfortunately I get bashed for that!
    just a fabulous blog in every sense of form. DB is ready in respect to having what it takes to be a world champion. The only people that aren't ready is the writers. But the fact of the matter is DB is ready by having all of the God given and earned qualifications. But of course he doesn't seem ready because its the writers that make him look super weak.

DB is improving on the mic, he is the best wrestler in the WWE and possibly the best on television. He has the huge backing of the fans, he was trained by HBK & Regal. He has everything you need to be a champ. All that's missing is the creative team looking out for him. And dude definitely can play a convincing heel, he dominated that character in ROH

DB is the future of this company. DB & Ziggler will be the new faces of this company and i stand by that.

Great blog once again.
    Ziggler are you serious lol
    [QUOTE=knox;bt49934]just a fabulous blog in every sense of form. DB is ready in respect to having what it takes to be a world champion. The only people that aren't ready is the writers. But the fact of the matter is DB is ready by having all of the God given and earned qualifications. But of course he doesn't seem ready because its the writers that make him look super weak.

DB is improving on the mic, he is the best wrestler in the WWE and possibly the best on television. He has the huge backing of the fans, he was trained by HBK & Regal. He has everything you need to be a champ. All that's missing is the creative team looking out for him. And dude definitely can play a convincing heel, he dominated that character in ROH

DB is the future of this company. DB & Ziggler will be the new faces of this company and i stand by that.

Great blog once again.[/QUOTE]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.