View RSS Feed

rss3004

TNA Impact Wrestling : Pros and Cons

Rate this Entry
Firstly, I want to say that i'm not a TNA hater or in love with the WWE. I'm simply a wrestling fan who wants to watch good wrestling and be entertained.

Now on topic, TNA was started some 10 years ago by Jeff Jarrett. Its grew swiftly, until about a few years ago it was purchased by Dixie Carter.

PROS-
1. The Roster -
TNA has one of the most impressive roster around. Wrestlers like AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, Abyss, Pope, Samoa Joe are all massively talented. IMO, the only roster that would give TNA any competition in terms of wrestling ability would be ROH.

2. The Knockouts -
Anybody whose ever watched TNA knows that the knockouts are one of the highly rated segments on the show. They look hot, can cut a good promo, and can put on a pretty decent wrestling match.

3. The talent exchange -
This is one of the most interesting aspect of TNA. Because of the talent exchange, new talent from promotions such as AAA and NJPW appear on TNA programming. This brings diversity to the styles of wrestling being shown.

THE CONS-

1. Lack of stability of storylines -
This I think we all know. Storylines in TNA are not stable. Face and heel turns occur every week without any genuine reason. Feuds are not brought to a proper ending.

2. Pushing of older guys -
This I don't understand. Despite having a well of talent, why is TNA intent on pushing guys like Hogan and Sting? They should retire or should be used as managers. How much entertaining can a match between Sting and Hogan get?

MY WISHLIST FOR TNA-
1. Bring back the old six sided ring. That was what made TNA unique.
2. Push homegrown talents such as AJ Styles and Bobby Roode, instead of ex-wcw and ex-wwe wrestlers who are past their prime.
3. Stop pushing wrestlers in their 50's and 60's. Wrestlers like Sting, Hogan and Flair should be used mainly as managers with occasional wrestling.
4. Start going on the road.

Thanks for reading!

Submit "TNA Impact Wrestling : Pros and Cons" to Digg Submit "TNA Impact Wrestling : Pros and Cons" to del.icio.us Submit "TNA Impact Wrestling : Pros and Cons" to StumbleUpon Submit "TNA Impact Wrestling : Pros and Cons" to Google

Tags: tna
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

I agree with almost everything you say except the 6 sided ring, I hated that! One thing to consider is taking it on the road, easier said than done. I say this because it's easier to make a "show "whem its at Orlando. What they need to do is take the show on the road more often and QUIT doing ppv 's at that studio because its not a ppv its another impact. Lastly you are right a lot of these older guys need to get out except the ones who can still bring it . But they are the ones they misuselike Steiner Devon and few others (unless they choose not to).
    But hey at least the demoted Russo!!!! Making some progress!
    Steiner just puts guys over (I am for this) so I don't why people complain about that. Devon is only there in case we need Team 3D. But I think people exaggerate heel and face turns. It doesn't happen every week but they do happen to often.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513
    Steiner just puts guys over (I am for this) so I don't why people complain about that. Devon is only there in case we need Team 3D. But I think people exaggerate heel and face turns. It doesn't happen every week but they do happen to often.
    in regards to Steiner that's exactly what I meant but they don't do that with him anymore ..... having him come out with the hogan goons for a beat down isn't enough and one thing I hate TNA does is when somebody is over they kill em like Pope
    [QUOTE=Big Ron;bt47921]I agree with almost everything you say except the 6 sided ring, I hated that! One thing to consider is taking it on the road, easier said than done. I say this because it's easier to make a "show "whem its at Orlando. What they need to do is take the show on the road more often and QUIT doing ppv 's at that studio because its not a ppv its another impact. Lastly you are right a lot of these older guys need to get out except the ones who can still bring it . But they are the ones they misuselike Steiner Devon and few others (unless they choose not to).
    But hey at least the demoted Russo!!!! Making some progress![/QUOTE]

The problem with doing the tapings at the same venue is that the same people will come to watch and slowly the number of people will decrease.
    Going on the road will introduce the product to different people. If you compare the impact zone with a raw taping, you'll see that raw has about 40-50 thousand people while tna has about 10 thousand. I'm not saying go live every thursday, but tape the show somewhere else other than Orlando. This will increase the revenue they get per show.
    Of course, i'm not expecting 40 thousand people to come for the show, but with some decent advertising, they'll get there.
    Updated 10-16-2011 at 10:30 PM by rss3004 (adding stuff)
    The issue is that Orlando gives a good place at a good price so they can spend $35k a week for Hogan. I agree 100%with with ya but its easier said than done.
    Less outside interference.
    Less wins from count outs.
    Less Cat Fights (not talking about knockouts matches,I mean back stage cat fights).
    Get rid of that flag that drapes over the crowd during Mexican America matches for people sitting in that section.

would greatly improve the product in my opinion.
    [QUOTE=midian;bt47944]Less outside interference.
    Less wins from count outs.
    Less Cat Fights (not talking about knockouts matches,I mean back stage cat fights).
    Get rid of that flag that drapes over the crowd during Mexican America matches for people sitting in that section.

would greatly improve the product in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, i agree. Having matches end with an actual ending ie pinfall or submission would be great. Most of TNA's matches end by interference now.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.