View RSS Feed

Shaz11

WWE superstars that deserve the Intercontinental/US Champion title shot

Rate this Entry
Hey guys, I'll be talking about the superstars that deserve a Intercontinental or United States Champion shot so I hope you enjoy!

The reason why I didn't do the World Champion is because most of the time, future talents always win a mid-card title before the big push

Alex Riley - This guy is absolutely amazing. Decent in-ring abilities, mic skills are ok, he has good charisma, good looks and he could be the superstar that takes over John Cena in 4-5 years time. Its a shame that he has been dropped by WWE.

Drew McIntyre - Probably one of the most underated superstars in my opinion, good looks, mic skills, in-ring abilities and charisma. He is not even being used, a great wrestler like him would be part of my top 5! He has already had a great reign as a IC Champion, but he is not being used so why not just put a belt on him again! I just don't get why he got the blame for all this Tiffany nonsense, him and a belt are just meant to be!

Evan Bourne - I don't see him winning a US or IC Champion, but he totally deserves one. He's got AWESOME! (sorry Miz) in-ring abilities, he gets huge pop from the crowd, he was a good technical wrestler as Matt Sydal and his charisma stands out. He should won the ECW Champion while he was in the ECW roster and I didn't get why he got a clean win over Chris Jericho, WWE do make some stupid decisions!

Jack Swagger - He is a guy who deserves a big title shot! WWE just put the Heavyweight Champion on him to early and look where he ended up. Luckily, now he is being used, in a tag team (I mean just Swagger and Ziggler, not the whole group) which is actually really good. I'm happy about the way he is being used now, but I just feel he needs to win a mid-card belt because it would help him and his career. He's got great in-ring abilities, good technical wrestler and EPIC MIC SKILLS (yes I do mean epic )

John Morrison - His contract is expiring, but I dont think WWE is thinking about renewing it, all because of his sly girlfriend (or ex?) Melina and the problem with Trish Stratus! The closest to a World Champion title shot was the match against The Miz (I think it was before Royal Rumble 2010) They could of made him as the King of the Ring winner, which would have been a push to his career. He is being used as a jobber and used in a PPV which is just stupid! He has one of the best ring skills in the WWE, great charisma but its just the mic skills that are stopping him (also the Melina and Trish Stratus situation)

Justin Gabriel - A brilliant high flyer who could also be a World Champion in like 5-6 years. He should be given the US/IC Champion now, because he has got has fantastic in ring abilities, good charisma but he needs to be given some time on the mic and he also needs a new gimmick. In those 5-6 years he could be improving his mic skills, he has huge potential to be a great wrestler, but WWE aren't really making a use of him at the moment.

TedDiBiase Jr - One of my favourite superstars at the moment. He has got the ring skills, good on the mic, great charisma and has the potential to become a World Champion. I just don't get why he isn't being given television time after the loss to Cody Rhodes. He needs to be used now, he has a great gimmick and he can be used as a babyface or heel!

Zack Ryder - Ryder has been making his own official YouTube channel named LongIslandIcedZ. It has gained popularity and has been noticed a lot by fans and especially the WWE. He is being given TV time but I want him to win a title. I will get massive heat for this comment but I'm prepared for the feedback, I think he is really OVERATED. But that doesn't stop me from respecting this guy, he is good the mic, good ring abilities, good charisma and he does have potential.

Wade Barrett - Well, some of you will be shocked and wondering why I put him in but here is the reason. After the win against Daniel Bryan at Summerslam, some people thought (including me) that he would get his big push that he deserves, but then WWE didn't have nothing in store for him, but the stupid thing is why make David Otunga part of Vickie Guerrero's new group when you had Barrett or McIntyre. Wade has currently one of the best mic skills in the company, great ring skills, good charisma and he is a fantastic leader as he has been in Nexus and The Corre. I'm just so pissed off how WWE have just forgot about him!

Well that was it folks, I hope you enjoyed the blog, I would love your thoughts and opinions but for now I'm off, Bye

Submit "WWE superstars that deserve the Intercontinental/US Champion title shot" to Digg Submit "WWE superstars that deserve the Intercontinental/US Champion title shot" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE superstars that deserve the Intercontinental/US Champion title shot" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE superstars that deserve the Intercontinental/US Champion title shot" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nice Article, and your picks are backed up by you feel about each superstar which I respect, but in reality half of those guys you just mentioned will get buried at some point or there already buried. For stupid reasons at that sometimes. Ted,Riley,Gabriel,Drew. Are all low carders at best. I judge on the Shelton Benjamin scale. If your not better than Shelton overallyou will not get a push by the WWE. If they didn't give it to him they sure as hell not give it to damn Gabriel!!!!!!!

Just for the WHC mentions...Great Blog
    im cool w all those pics. id like to c mcintire and barrett or regal in a tag team.
    ... My fave 5 are as follows:

* Tyler Reks - potential to be a dominant heel / hasnt been given much chance to advance his character
    * JTG - Dont look at me like that bro! He has charisma and an innovative move set but needs a gimmick overhaul / "creative has nothing for you" problem
    * Tyson Kidd - mad skills, dodgy look though.....
    * Yoshi Tatsu - The guy I always really look forward to seeing perform in the ring! / no direction
    * Sin Cara (Negro) - I needed an affirmative action pick...lololol... Nah, he could be an awesome heel and breathe some life into the IC Title picture.
    Updated 10-20-2011 at 10:45 AM by Samuel L. Jackson
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel L. Jackson
    ... My fave 5 are as follows:

* Tyler Reks - potential to be a dominant heel / hasnt been given much chance to advance his character
    * JTG - Dont look at me like that bro! He has charisma and an innovative move set but needs a gimmick overhaul / "creative has nothing for you" problem
    * Yoshi Tatsu - The guy I always really look forward to seeing perform in the ring! / no direction
    * Sin Cara (Negro) - I neded an affirmative action pick...lololol... Nah, he could be an awesome heel and breathe some life into the IC Title picture.
    Oh crap, I forgot to put Tyler Reks and JTG in, in my opinion they are underrated superstars. Cheers for reminding me
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaz11
    Oh crap, I forgot to put Tyler Reks and JTG in, in my opinion they are underrated superstars. Cheers for reminding me
    Fo shizzle ... I think it comes down to guys needing to push themselves as main-event material. There will always be "golden boys" who catch the eye of the corporates and will get pushed regardless. And if a guy is lacking in one department then it's his job, his responsibility to make sure he improves in that area. The same way we need to make improvements in our day jobs/careers.

It makes me think of Shelton Benjamin - who had/has Unparralleled in-ring ability yet mediocre mike skills but his downfall was him not wanting to progress from his current spot on the roster - he was complacent (word has it). He could have been a Bret Hart of our generation, letting his wrestling do the talking for him and joining the ranks of Cena, Orton, Edge, etc. if he had taken time to improve in his weaker areas and connect himself to the right people.

I dunno how much mentorship features in pro-wrestling but if the genre wants to survive then effective mentorship is necessary - where the greats can pass down their vast knowlege and understanding to the younger guys. It would cut learning curves in half! Imagine if Shawn or Y2J took time to mentor a guy like Benjamin or Reks, how far their careers would progress...?

Ok... looks like this a blog now but in closing that's what I think is missing from pro-wrestling; effective mentorship and guys who are not willing to perfect their craft and push themselves as major contenders!
    Updated 10-20-2011 at 11:20 AM by Samuel L. Jackson
    all the pics r gud..n well deserved..n these wrestlers also:

* Sin Cara (Negro) - I needed an affirmative action pick...lololol... Nah, he could be an awesome heel and breathe some life into the IC Title picture.
    n boththe sincaras r gud wrestlers...

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.