View RSS Feed

THE_CRIPPLER

Who is the Best Wrestler of the 90's.. Part 2

Rate this Entry
Sorry. I wrote this a week ago and it was never posted so i re posted it

This is Part 2 of Who is the greatest Wrestler of the 90's.... We end it here with the Hart Brothers Starting with Owen.

Owen Hart
What a decade Owen had, He was apart of most of the classic matches of the 90's.

1. Owen Hart vs Bret Hart Wrestlemania 10 *****
Greatest Technical Wrestling match Ever! and maybe the Best Match Ever. 5 stars.

2. Owen Hart vs Bret Hart SummerSlam 1994 Cage match *****
Best Cage match ever. 5 stars.

3. 10 Man Tag IYH Canadian Stampede *****
The Full Monty for this intense off the charts 10 man tag involving The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart, Owen Hart, The British Bulldog, and Brian Pillman) vs Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust, and The Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal). 5 Stars.

4. Owen Hart vs The British Bulldog Euro title Finals Raw ****3/4
One of the best TV matches Ever. 4 3/4.

5. Steve Austin & Shawn Michaels vs Bulldog & Owen Raw ****1/4
4 1/4.

6. Owen Hart & Bret Hart vs The Steiners ****1/4
Awesome tag match. These men if they had the right envirment and a bigger stage could go 5 stars easily.... Perople called this 4 3/4 stars but i just watched it, its a little dated, it deserves a higher rating but lets call it 4 1/4.

7. Owen Hart vs Steve Austin SummerSlam 1997 ****
Austin Breaks his neck here. If that didnt happen who knows how great this match would be. 4 Stars.

8. Owen Hart vs 123 Kid King of the Ring 1994 ****
What a fast paced 2nd round match. The best 5 min match you will see. 4 Stars.

9. Owen Hart vs Shawn Michaels Raw ****
4 stars.

10. Owen Hart & Bret Hart vs The the Quebecers Royal Rumble 1994 ****
Great Tag match that set up the Wrestlemania 10 match perfectly and also gave Owen the reason to turn on Bret. 4 Stars.

Owen Harts total=44 1/2 Stars.

Bret Hart
The Best There is. Best there Was and Best there ever will be? I dont know lets see how he did on this Best Wrestler of the 90s countdown.

1. Bret Hart vs Owen Hart Wrestlemania 10 *****
5 stars.

2. Bret Hart vs Owen Hart SummerSlam 1994 Steel Cage Match *****
5 Stars.

3. Bret Hart vs Steve Austin WrestleMania 13 *****
5 Stars.

4. Bret Hart vs Steve Austin Survivor Series 1996 *****
5 stars.

5. Bret Hart vs The British Bulldog Summerslam 1992 *****
One of the Greatest IC title matches ever, Maybe the best Ever. 5 Stars.

6. 10 Man Tag IYH Canadian Stampede *****
The Full Monty for this intense off the charts 10 man tag involving The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart, Owen Hart, The British Bulldog, and Brian Pillman) vs Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust, and The Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal). 5 Stars.

7. Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels Wrestlemania 12 Iron Man Match ****3/4
4 3/4.

8. Bret Hart vs Mr Perfect Semi Finals KOTR 1993 ****1/2
Actually better than their Summerslam Classic. 4 1/2.

9. Bret Hart vs Chris Benoit Owen Tribute match Nitro ****1/2
People cal this 5 stars cause of the reason the match happened but the match it self is really no more than 4 1/2 stars.

10. Bret Hart vs The Undertaker 1 Night Only ****1/2
Before Shawn Michaels and Undertakers classics at Wrestlemania, This was Undertakers best singles match and a Classic at 4 1/2 Stars.

Bret Harts Total=48 1/4 Stars.

So there you have it. Bret Hart Easily is the Best Wrestler of the 90s, Putting the best matches forward, Destroying his compition.

Rankings
1. Bret Hart 48 1/4 stars
2. Steve Austin 46 1/2 Stars. Just edging out Shawn Michaels
3. Shawn Michaels 46 stars
4. Owen Hart 44 1/2 Stars
5. Mick Foley 43 stars
6. Ric Flair 41 3/4 Stars
7. Sting 40 1/2

Please comment

Submit "Who is the Best Wrestler of the 90's.. Part 2" to Digg Submit "Who is the Best Wrestler of the 90's.. Part 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Who is the Best Wrestler of the 90's.. Part 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Who is the Best Wrestler of the 90's.. Part 2" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I agree, I reckon HBK could have been but selfishness and his back injury in 98 prevented him from having great fueds with Rock & Austin during the height of the attitude era. But for me Bret had the most stand out and memorable matches in the 90's. 1 of my personal favs WM8 v Piper for the IC title.
    I have to agree with this on Bret Hart being the best wrestler of the 90's. From the moment the 90's hit, Bret was the standard for having great matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by kashani1984
    I agree, I reckon HBK could have been but selfishness and his back injury in 98 prevented him from having great fueds with Rock & Austin during the height of the attitude era. But for me Bret had the most stand out and memorable matches in the 90's. 1 of my personal favs WM8 v Piper for the IC title.
    Pipers Best match ever
    The Undertaker needed to be on that list. The Undertaker, while not producing great matches from 1990-1996, had some brilliant matches with Michaels, Mankind, Austin, The Rock and Bret Hart from '97 onwards. Not saying he deserved to win but he should have atleast been on the list.

Based on quality of matches, Bret Hart deservedly takes the top spot. But if you were to rank as the greatest wrestler of the '90s taking other things like popularity and promo ability into account, Austin would have won by a mile.
    Gr8 twin blogs....I always thought..Owen also mt hav gone to WCW with his bro...because post-MSJ, owen was wasted in WWF...n RIP his soul he past away...or else Owen mt hav been the BEST Attitude ERa Wrestler...he has everything..attitude, in-ring skills(come on all harts have it no need to mention it)..

I always felt Owen ==Bret (in technique) & ==SCSA (in Attitude);

But, hands down Bret is teh best wrestler in 90s if not of all time...

In my buk, his match with Mr.Perfect in KOTR is the best ever match...it deserves 5stars...
    "1. Owen Hart vs Bret Hart Wrestlemania 10 *****
    Greatest Technical Wrestling match Ever! and maybe the Best Match Ever. 5 stars.'

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer 314
    "1. Owen Hart vs Bret Hart Wrestlemania 10 *****
    Greatest Technical Wrestling match Ever! and maybe the Best Match Ever. 5 stars.'

+1
    One of my favorite matches of all times maybe my favorite. Unlike alot of Classic matches This one actually gets better with time. I remember everyone going nuts about the ladder match that night at Wrestlemania 10 but now looking back at it, The Ladder match it seems dated and it lost alot of its luste,r but Owen vs Bret still holds up and seems better now than it was back then.
    Updated 10-19-2011 at 01:57 AM by THE_CRIPPLER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.