View RSS Feed

THE_CRIPPLER

Who Is the Greatest Wrestler of the 90's?.... Part 1 Now finished.

Rate this Entry
This Blog is to see who really was the best wrestler of the 90's. This is how it will be done, It will be done by star ratings, I will get the best Wrestlers of the decade and get their 10 highest rated matches, tally up their star ratings and who ever has the highest score wins.... This Is for American wrestling only and is limited to WWF/WCW/ECW... Remember this is who had the Best matches and nothing else. This is to see who the Best "Wrestler" of the 90's is

How Will the Star ratings be used?
Ok it will be a mixture of Wrestling journalist and what I think mixed in one, I will be unbiased, Some matches that are dated or overated I will cut down their rating by a little to fit where they should be, Classic matches I wont touch like the Ladder Match at WM10 cause that is a classic and is 5 stars. Matches that I think are 5 stars but get mixed reviews by Wrestling journilist, I will meet in the middle or put in to proper perspective such as I think Bret and Shawn Michales Iron Man match is 5 stars, Most rate it 4 1/2 to 4 3/4, so I will just call it 4 3/4.... Confused? Dont be.

So Heres the men with the best Decade so far. Now will see who is the Great Wrestler of the 90s.

Ric Flair
In no particular order here are Ric Flairs best matches of the 90s by highest star ratings (Royal Rumble 1992 is not counted cause battle Royals dont apply).

1. Wargames 1991 ****1/2
Sting, Brian Pillman , Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner vsRic Flair, Barry Windham, Sid Vicious & Larry Zbyszko .... This Was a Brawl, These men destroyed each other with the Story of the match being Pillman. People Rate this clost to 5 stars or 5 stars, I seen it a few days ago its more like 4 1/2.

2. Ric Flair vs Randy Savage Wrestlemania 8 ****1/2
One of the best feuds of the 90s, With a incredible Wrestlemania match. This was a dream match and lived up to it and is worth 4 1/2 star rating.

3. Ric Flair vs Vader Starcade 1993 ****1/4
Ric Flairs last truly Great match, This was Ric Flair beating the unbeatable monster in his home town. 4 1/4.

4. Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat Spring Stampede 1994 ****1/4
The return matches from their stellar 89 Rivalry. This match didnt disappoint but still a far cry from their 2/3 fall match at the Clash. 4 1/4.

5. Ric Flair vs Lex Luger WrestleWar 1990 ****1/4
Lugers best singles match ever. 4 1/4.

6. Ric Flair vs Mr Perfect Raw Loser Leaves Town match ****1/4
Great TV match and ended Rics 2 year WWF Run. 4 1/4.

7. Ric Flair & Arn Anderson vs HollyWood Blondes Clash of Champions ****1/4
Really Good tag match, Could of been better considering the Talent involved but still a Good mix. It was Great seeing the Blondes out Heel Arn and Flair. 4 1/4.

8.Ric Flair vs Bret Hart WWF Championship ****1/4
This is Bret Harts 1st Title win. Very Underated match.

9 Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat WCW Saturday Night ****
This is a rematch from Spring Stampede for the WCW title. 4 stars.

10. Ric Flair vs Sting Clash of Champions 1994 *** 1/2
This was to unify the titles, Not a great match just a solid 3 1/2.

Ric Flairs Total = 41 3/4

Mick Foley
Great decade for Foleys the 90's. Lets see how his matches did.

1. Mankind vs Shawn Michaels Mind Games IYH *****
One of Foleys best matches ever. Must see, One of the best matches of the 90's 5 stars.

2. Dude Love vs Steve Austin Over the Edge IYH 1998 ****3/4
One of the best Brawls you will ever see, Great Storyline and Violence, What more can you ask... I would rate this 5 stars but thats being biased and is usually rated 4 3/4 so ill stick with that.

3. Mankind vs The Undertake Hell in the Cell ****1/2
The gutsiest performance I ever seen. I rate this 5 stars but so many reviewers called it much less so ill give it 4 1/2.. I can see peoples gripe with the match and calling it in the mid 4's and not 5. but I still Love the match.

4. Cactus Jack vs Vader Halloween Havoc ****1/4
Brutal match. This is a Fight and these mean beat each other Bad. 4 1/4.

5. Cactus Jack vs Sting Beach Blast 1992 Falls count anywhere ****1/4Once Foley Called this his best match for good reason. Very unique match for its time. 4 1/4.

6. Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne vs The Nasty Boys Spring Stampede 1994 ****1/4
A Sick Brawl that was all over the place, Great Tag Team no rules match. 4 1/4.

7. Cactus Jack & Kevin Sullivan vs The Nasy Boys ****
Cactus Jacks first title win. 4 stars.

8. Mankind vs HHH SummerSlam 1997 Cage Match ****
4 stars.

9. Mankind vs The Rock Royal Rumble I quit Match ****
Foley gets Murdered here. 4 Stars.

10. Dude Love vs Steve Austin Unforgiven 1998 IYH ****
This was the match before the Over the Edge Classic. Sick Bumbs in this match.

Mick Foleys total= 43

Shawn Michaels
Great dedcade for The Show Stopper but lets see how Good of a decade was the 90's for him.

1. Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon Ladder match WrestleMania 10 *****One the best matches Ever!. 5 stars.

2. Shawn Michaels vs Mankind Mind Games IYH *****
5 stars.

3. Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker Hell in the Cell *****
Personally I dotn think its 5 stars but every one considers it 5 stars so we will call it 5 stars.

4. Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon SummerSlam 1995 Ladder match ****3/4
Rematch to the Wrestlemania 10 Classic. 4 3/4.

5. Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart Iron Man Match Wrestlemania 12 ****3/4I Personally call this 5 stars, but alot of people didnt like the only 1 fall part so it was rated 4 1/2 or 4 3/4 by some pepole so we will call it 4 3/4.

6. Shawn Michaels vs Steve Austin King of the Ring 1997 ****1/2
4 1/4 stars.

7. Shawn Michaels vs Vader SummerSlam 1996 ****1/4
4 1/4 stars

8. Shawn Michaels vs Diesel IYH 1996 No Rules ****1/4
Diesels last WWF Match before WCW. 4 1/4.

9. Shawn Michaels & Steve Austin vs Bulldog & Owen Raw ****1/4
4 1/4 stars.

10. Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart WWF Championship Survivor Series 1992 ****1/4
4 1/4 stars.

Shawn Michaels total= 46 Stars

Sting

1. Wargames 1992 *****
Sting, Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, Nikita Koloff, Dustin Rhodes vs Rick Rude, Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Larry Zbyszko. I dont think it is 5 star personally but who am I to argue with what some call the Greatest Wargames ever. A Great Intense Bloody fight, I love this match, I may not think its 5 stars but its sure close to it but we will call it 5 stars anyway.

2. Wargames 1991 ****1/2
4 1/2 Stars

3. Sting & Lex Luger vs the Steiners **** 1/2
Must see tag match. 4 1/2 Stars.

4. Sting vs Cactus Jack Beach Blast 1992 ****1/4
4 1/4.

5. Sting vs Vader Great American Bash 1992 ****1/4
4 1/4.

6. Sting vs Vader Strap Match SuperBrawl ****1/4
Awsome strap match 4 1/4.

7. Sting vs Ric Flair Clash of Champions ***1/2
3 1/2

8. Sting vs Steven Regal Great American Bash 1996 ***1/2.
Great technical match. 3 1/2.

9. Sting vs Vader King of Cable Match ***1/2
3 1/2.

10. Sting vs Steve Austin WCW Saturday Night ***1/4
3 1/4.

i
Stings Total= 40 1/2 Stars

Steve Austin
The Biggest Star in Wrestling History made his name in 90's.

1. Steve Austin vs Bret Hart Wrestlemania 13 *****
One of the Greatest matches ever. No doubt the full 5 Stars.

2. Steve Austin vs Bret Hart Survivor Series 1996 *****
The Wrestlemania match is so good this 5 star match is forgotten. Incredible technical match here a must see. 5 stars.

3. 10 Man Tag IYH Canadian Stampede *****
The Full Monty for this intense off the charts 10 man tag involving The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart, Owen Hart, The British Bulldog, and Brian Pillman) vs Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust, and The Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal). 5 Stars.

4. Wargames 1992 *****
5 Stars.

5. Steve Austin vs Dude Love IYH Over the Edge ****3/4.
4 3/4.

6. Steve Austin vs Shawn Michaels King of the Ring 1997 ****1/2
Austin and Michaels best match. 4 1/2.

7. Steve Austin vs The Rock Backlash 1999 ****1/2
Great Brawl here that was much better than their Wrestlemania 15 match. 4 1/2.

8. Final Four IYH ****1/4
Great match with Bret Hart vs Undertaker vs Steve Austin vs Vader. 4 1/4.

9. Steve Austin & Shawn Michaels vs Bulldog & Owen Raw ****1/4
4 1/4.

10. Steve Austin vs Savio Vega Strap Match ****1/4
One the best Strap matches ever. Suprisingly good match at 4 1/4.

Steve Austins Total=46 1/2 Stars

Pleaseee Check out part 2 comming soon.

Submit "Who Is the Greatest Wrestler of the 90's?.... Part 1 Now finished." to Digg Submit "Who Is the Greatest Wrestler of the 90's?.... Part 1 Now finished." to del.icio.us Submit "Who Is the Greatest Wrestler of the 90's?.... Part 1 Now finished." to StumbleUpon Submit "Who Is the Greatest Wrestler of the 90's?.... Part 1 Now finished." to Google

Updated 10-14-2011 at 03:02 PM by THE_CRIPPLER

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nice effort. Shawn Michaels was the first name on my mind, but Bret Hart could score very high because of your chosen system.

You should think about what to do in case of a split decision. I would propose taking longevity in account.. top matches in 1990, 1993, 1997 and 1999 is even more impressive then 10 in 1996,1997,1998 (though that of course is fantastic too), or you could go with 'different guys worked top matches with'. But it's your party..

If you need help PM me a wrestler and the critic sites you wish to include, I'll make time to look one or two up.
    Personally I agree with you about the Shawn Vs Bret Iron Man match. It made it where both guys were equal!
    my first instinct was austin, but since he really started having great matches in 97 he only has 3 years to accumulate stars. with this rating systen its definitely shawn or bret. PS i think the iron man match should be 5 stars. the overtime made it seem that much more even with them two.
    Quote Originally Posted by rafalafaa
    my first instinct was austin, but since he really started having great matches in 97 he only has 3 years to accumulate stars. with this rating systen its definitely shawn or bret. PS i think the iron man match should be 5 stars. the overtime made it seem that much more even with them two.
    Austin is ranked pretty high on this list........ but part 2 is now pending, When Frank approves it i should be up....... The last 2 men on this list is Bret and Owen Hart and they are profiled in Part 2 and all the scores are added we will see where everyone ranks
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_CRIPPLER
    Austin is ranked pretty high on this list........ but part 2 is now pending, When Frank approves it i should be up....... The last 2 men on this list is Bret and Owen Hart and they are profiled in Part 2 and all the scores are added we will see where everyone ranks
    cant wait to read it! pretty much the only complaint i have is that you should have rated all the matches you thought were 5's as a 5 haha. cuz i think they were all 5's too. screw what everyone else thinks those matches were flawless! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by rafalafaa
    cant wait to read it! pretty much the only complaint i have is that you should have rated all the matches you thought were 5's as a 5 haha. cuz i think they were all 5's too. screw what everyone else thinks those matches were flawless! haha
    I agree but I didnt wanna be biased so no one complain.... I agree I underated some Bret matches.
    Is The Rock not on your list cause I remember he had many great matches including his ladder and 2 out of 3 falls match with Triple H and his backlash match with Austin. Plus his I quit match with Mankind...I realize that is only 4 matches but I know he had a hell of a few years from 97 to 99...just curious.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.