View RSS Feed

Jesse Vihlidal

Two Must Watch PPV's From 2002

Rate this Entry
Summerslam 2002.
What wasn't to like about this ppv? So many great matches to talk about. Chris Beniot vs. RVD for the intercontinental title and Kurt Angle vs Rey were two of the great undercard matches. The two main events were pretty spectacular. Brock Lesnar made his career when he defeated the Rock for the WWE title. The Rock would then leave for Hollywood. HBK vs. HHH was nothing short of amazing. Chairs, belts, trash cans, tables, steel steps, a fire-hydrant, a shoe, and a ladder were used. I can't believe the match that Shawn was able to put on after being on the shelf for 4 years. Probably the best match of HHH's career. If you haven't watched this match, WATCH IT! NOW!

Survivor Series 2002

This PPV was great as well. A crazy 6 man tag tables match kicked this show off and brought MSG to its feet. The triple threat tag team championship match featuring Edge and Mysterio vs Chavo and Eddie vs Angle and Beniot had its fair share of jaw dropping moments. Seeing Eddie and Chavo finally win the titles was great. However, this night will always be known as the first Elimination Chamber. HBK vs HHH vs RVD vs Y2J vs Booker T vs Kane. This match was so innovative and brutal. None of the other chamber matches have ever lived up to this one. HHH was actually injured seriously during this match when RVD performed a frogsplash of the top of one of the chambers. You didn't know what was gonna happen next and the ending was a huge surprise. HBK walked out as the new World Heavyweight Champion in just his 2nd match back from retirement.

Do yourself a favor and find these 2 shows, sit back, and enjoy.

Til Next Time,

Jesse Vihlidal

Submit "Two Must Watch PPV's  From 2002" to Digg Submit "Two Must Watch PPV's  From 2002" to del.icio.us Submit "Two Must Watch PPV's  From 2002" to StumbleUpon Submit "Two Must Watch PPV's  From 2002" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Next Big Thing
    i agree on both responses crippler, 01 and 02 were the best ever too imo, though i have a penchant for including 2000 in there as well, that shane mcmahon bump he took, the first tlc match, benoit jericho 2 out of 3 falls even though it was incredibly short in all fairness and the main event to name a few. every match had a decent story behind it excluding the stinkface match.

yes judgment day 02 was dire, and had the first hiac to disappoint.
    You know 2000 Summerslam was ok, a Good 4 star man event and a Good 4 1/4 Benoit Jericho match but didnt live up to the extemly high expectations.

I think Summerslam 2000 isnt remembered that fondly just like Wrestlemania 16 isnt remembered to fondly. Cause the PPVs in 2000 that WWE was shelling out every month were so incredilbe. Backlash, Fully Loaded and Judgement day were some of the best PPVs I ever seen and they were back to back. So when it came to the Big 3 (Wrestlemania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series) people expected more. I think Mania 16 was a Good mania better than 15, I Think Summerslam 2000 was a good SummerSlam also but compared to the PPVS in 2000 they really didnt compare.

Speaking of PPVs where are your reviews?,I been waiting on your reviews, I like how you star rate them and give your oppion on the match but dont give us step by step pl by play.
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBS
    Judgement Day 2002 was a great PPV. I remember being entertained by the matches. Though Hulk Hogan vs Undertaker was a sleeper.

Vengeance 2002 was also a great PPV.
    Really Dubs? I dont see it, I mean no really great matches besides Eddie Guerrero vs RVD.

To me the Angle and Edge match was lackluster, It wasnt any where near their Backlash match Which was a Great match.

The Austin vs Show and Flair in a handi cap match was ok for what it was. Steve Austin had a amazing match streak in 2001 but his health issues in 2002 from the strain he put on him self in 2001 was showing. Even a broken down Austin at his worst could still carry Big show and Flair to a watchable match.... I just dont see what makes this PPV stand out.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_CRIPPLER
    Really Dubs? I dont see it, I mean no really great matches besides Eddie Guerrero vs RVD.

To me the Angle and Edge match was lackluster, It wasnt any where near their Backlash match Which was a Great match.

The Austin vs Show and Flair in a handi cap match was ok for what it was. Steve Austin had a amazing match streak in 2001 but his health issues in 2002 from the strain he put on him self in 2001 was showing. Even a broken down Austin at his worst could still carry Big show and Flair to a watchable match.... I just dont see what makes this PPV stand out.
    That PPV wasn't really that bad actually. I watched it on WWE Classics on Demand and it was pretty good. Some of the matches could have been better though and some of the matches on the card felt thrown together.
    Boss man vs taker is the first big hitc disappointment, next big thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Conquistador
    Boss man vs taker is the first big hitc disappointment, next big thing
    Oh no, everyone knew Bossman and Taker at WM15 was gonna suck, That wasnt a disappointment. Jericho and HHH I did expect a classic from. Jericho and HHH had a ton of matches and other than the Last Man Standing (which is awesome, best Last man standing match) All their matches really were lack luster.
    Updated 10-15-2011 at 10:14 AM by THE_CRIPPLER
    Everyone seems to have forgotten No Mercy 2002, although it wasn't the greatest PPV of the year it featured the classic tournament final for the WWE Tag Team Championship pitting Edge & Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit and the ultra bloody Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker Hell In A Cell match. Plus solid support from Chris Jericho & Christian vs. Booker T & Goldust for the World Tag Team Championship. Other notable PPV matches from 2002 were Kurt Angle vs. Edge (Backlash), The Hurricane vs. Jamie Noble, Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho & Hulk Hogan vs. Kurt Angle (King Of The Ring), Rob Van Dam vs. Brock Lesnar & The Undertaker vs. The Rock vs. Kurt Angle (Vengeance), Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero & Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit (Unforgiven), Chris Jericho & Christian vs. Booker T & Goldust vs. Lance Storm & William Regal vs. Dudley Boyz & Kurt Angle vs. Big Show (Armageddon) Whoops forgot Chris Jericho vs. The Rock (Royal Rumble) I haven't included The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan (Wrestlemania X8) as I'm not a big fan of it
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.