View RSS Feed

Jesse Vihlidal

Two Must Watch PPV's From 2002

Rate this Entry
Summerslam 2002.
What wasn't to like about this ppv? So many great matches to talk about. Chris Beniot vs. RVD for the intercontinental title and Kurt Angle vs Rey were two of the great undercard matches. The two main events were pretty spectacular. Brock Lesnar made his career when he defeated the Rock for the WWE title. The Rock would then leave for Hollywood. HBK vs. HHH was nothing short of amazing. Chairs, belts, trash cans, tables, steel steps, a fire-hydrant, a shoe, and a ladder were used. I can't believe the match that Shawn was able to put on after being on the shelf for 4 years. Probably the best match of HHH's career. If you haven't watched this match, WATCH IT! NOW!

Survivor Series 2002

This PPV was great as well. A crazy 6 man tag tables match kicked this show off and brought MSG to its feet. The triple threat tag team championship match featuring Edge and Mysterio vs Chavo and Eddie vs Angle and Beniot had its fair share of jaw dropping moments. Seeing Eddie and Chavo finally win the titles was great. However, this night will always be known as the first Elimination Chamber. HBK vs HHH vs RVD vs Y2J vs Booker T vs Kane. This match was so innovative and brutal. None of the other chamber matches have ever lived up to this one. HHH was actually injured seriously during this match when RVD performed a frogsplash of the top of one of the chambers. You didn't know what was gonna happen next and the ending was a huge surprise. HBK walked out as the new World Heavyweight Champion in just his 2nd match back from retirement.

Do yourself a favor and find these 2 shows, sit back, and enjoy.

Til Next Time,

Jesse Vihlidal

Submit "Two Must Watch PPV's  From 2002" to Digg Submit "Two Must Watch PPV's  From 2002" to del.icio.us Submit "Two Must Watch PPV's  From 2002" to StumbleUpon Submit "Two Must Watch PPV's  From 2002" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    you read my mind man, without doubt the two best ppv's from 2002 and in my mind in the top 5 from 1998 - 2003. completely flawless shows, even the womens hardcore match at series 02 was fujcking awesome
    Im glad you guys agree. I forgot just how good that womens hardcore match was. It was one of the very few diva matches that were actually entertaining. Its a shame that they would never be allowed to do that today though.
    Judgement day not there
    Hogan v taker
    Eddie g v rvd
    Hhh v jericho hell in a cell
    Stone cold v flair & show
    Trish v stacey (sexy)
    Hardys v brock
    KURT ANGLE V EDGE HAIR VS HAIR

The ultimate ppv
    I wouldnt say its the best match of HHH's career. He had better ones.

HHH vs Austin 3 Stages of Hell
    HHH vs HBK vs Chris Benoit Wrestlemania 20
    HHH vs The Rock Iron man match
    HHH vs Cactus Jack Royal Rumble 2000

Just to name a few. but it was def in his top 10 best matches....SummerSlam 2001 and 2002 are easily the best SummerSlams ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Conquistador
    Judgement day not there
    Hogan v taker
    Eddie g v rvd
    Hhh v jericho hell in a cell
    Stone cold v flair & show
    Trish v stacey (sexy)
    Hardys v brock
    KURT ANGLE V EDGE HAIR VS HAIR
    The ultimate ppv
    The Jericho vs HHH Hell in a Cell was so disappointing.

Hogan vs the Undertaker was a mess of a match.

Angle and Edge had a much better match the monthes before.

I honestly hated this PPV.
    i agree on both responses crippler, 01 and 02 were the best ever too imo, though i have a penchant for including 2000 in there as well, that shane mcmahon bump he took, the first tlc match, benoit jericho 2 out of 3 falls even though it was incredibly short in all fairness and the main event to name a few. every match had a decent story behind it excluding the stinkface match.

yes judgment day 02 was dire, and had the first hiac to disappoint.
    Judgement Day 2002 was a great PPV. I remember being entertained by the matches. Though Hulk Hogan vs Undertaker was a sleeper.

Vengeance 2002 was also a great PPV.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.