View RSS Feed

CM_SUXX_NOT

Could it get much worse?

Rate this Entry
After months of watching the WWE with hope that it would get better; after months of defending the WWE against an infinite number of haters; after months of picking and highlighting the good things the WWE has been doing, I may be coming to terms with the fact that the WWE really is quite bad.

8 days ago I witnessed live on my TV what I thought would be a huge turning point for the WWE, what was known as 'The Walkout'. Last night my perspective changed. They absolutely blew it. If they do the usual 4 scripts or however many drafts creative writes, they surely picked the worst of the lot. Or maybe that really was the best they could come up with.

WWE in recent times has been watered down to a level where things recently have begun to feel edgy again. Punk's shoot, private matters seemingly being done publicly, Laurinaitis becoming an on-screen character, and the angle with Truth and Miz. And finally, the walkout last week.

Instead, Vince comes back, 'spoiled by Alberto Del Rio', strips Trips of the COO position and appoints (we all saw it coming) Mr Future Endeavours himself.

I bet on paper it looked great, because I'm typing what happened and thinking, 'Yeah actually that sounds good.' But it wasn't. Vince put the writers in PPV mindset. 3 pay-per-views in 5 weeks?? Who thought that was a good idea??? Except for the main event I thought HIAC could have been a lot better, and maybe it would have been with a longer build-up.

So HIAC was 9 days ago, and the walkout angle has already finished because now they have 2 weeks to build up Vengeance. Everything felt so rushed! The angle had a horrible amount of loopholes in it too; for example, Vickie's stable and Christian ambushed JoMo after his match. Chaos much?

I will not be buying Vengeance. Mainly because, even with the lower price in the UK, I can't afford to buy 3 PPVs in 5 weeks.

I've been a big fan for a long time, Vince. And I want to stay one too. If you can't maintain a solid storyline without fucking it up, you are going to lose a lot of fans.

Submit "Could it get much worse?" to Digg Submit "Could it get much worse?" to del.icio.us Submit "Could it get much worse?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Could it get much worse?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I see where your comming from. WWE blew 3 hot angles cause they are so impatient.... They jump the gun too fast, WWE wants to start and end a huge angle in 2 weeks.... the Punk wining the WWE championshim at Money in the Bank Storyline, They should of Kept Punk off TV for monthes and build towards a Punk and Cena huge match. but intead WWE tried to pull off a double champion and a huge unifacation match all in 3 week, and it bombed badly.
    Updated 10-11-2011 at 10:19 PM by THE_CRIPPLER
    If they had fewer PPVs and thus more time to build up storylines, all of these good storylines could become great ones. I saw huge potential in Vickie's stable.
    The Main problem is just that, they are too busy wanting to put on an insane amount of PPVs (which in turn also make them less special).
    Most of the problems seem to have happened now they report quarterly, every story up and down within 3 months just to increase the buy rate in that quarter. I dont see why WWE had to let it effect there stories but they have - Nexus the classic example - could've been a great story where they rise, dominate, then get stood up against but never had the time
    Good blog and I agree. The last few PPV's have been disappointing except for the final moments. They are changing the WWE title every PPV so far. I hope Del Rio retains.
    I will say I'm still hoping this angle plays into Survivor Series, with the new stable of Christian, Ziggler, Rhodes, Swagger representing the protestors either having someone join their team on the night, or a turn from someone on the "loyal" team HHH, Cena, Sheamus, Punk.... As much as I would enjoy seeing Cena take this turn I reckon Punk would pull it off best of the 4.
    How has it bombed, how has it been bad? You people who are bitching and complaining about Punk's insane rise and then his walkout, then the dual championships, then VKM being ousted, Then Lauranitis doing his crap, and everything in between hasn't been a part of ONE BIG STORYLINE!! This has been a constant build.

Why are you seeing it in fragments? It is what it is, laid out in front of you. How is it flopping so bad if you keep watching? Stop complaining long enough to absorb all of it. It's all leading into The Rock's return, which leads into Survivor Series, which leads into the "Pre Wrestlemania" mindset and then in January it all kicks off the WRESTLEMANIA momentum.

Give it time. When you think about it, REALLY think about it... every week they're throwing us off, every week they're being *gasp* ENTERTAINING! And yet still people find a way to whine and cry. Is anything good enough for you people? Sheesh... this "mob mentality" is taking a turn for the worse... It's not even been three months since this WHOLE angle started and people are complaining. Whatever, man... this is just getting ridiculous.

IF IT'S THAT BAD STOP WATCHING!! Point blank. Ugh....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.