View RSS Feed

Dr. Death

The Man Behind The Controversy - CM Pu.. - No Wait - Vince McMa... - The IWC?

Rate this Entry
In recent months we have seen some compelling and interesting storylines from the WWE, from CM Punk's first "Pipe Bomb" promo up to the walkout on RAW and even into SmackDown territory. This got me to thinking what caused all of this uproar, who is behind it, and why.

First off - CM Punk's promo before his match against John Cena at MITB shook the IWC and the wrestling world. Why? Because it was fresh, new and much to good to be scripted. Or was it? Sure it pointed out some of the many flaws in the WWE, some of the same things we here in the IWC complain about consistently, and it seemed that finally someone heard our voices - CM Punk was on our side.

This catapulted CM Punk to new heights, from upper - mid card to Super-stardom overnight. But was this CM Punk's idea? Maybe not. It's entirely possible that someone else has been listening all along. Who? It couldn't have been Vince McMahon, he's too egotistical to listen to advice, or is he? CM Punk was a heel for a long period of time and always in the middle of controversy, he had excellent mic skills and was an experienced wrestler/star, Vince knew it was time for a change, to create a shake up if you will, and who better to have do this than CM Punk.

Vince McMahon is brilliant and a genius in the fact that he knows his audience and does pay attention to detail when it comes to Sports Entertainment and the wrestling world, whether it be live events, house shows, dark matches, backstage, business ways, or even the internet. That's right even to the internet. He may not acknowledge this even to himself, but it wouldn't surprise me if he knows more about what's being posted over the internet than many of us do. Vince loves controversy, and in this respect him and CM Punk are a lot alike.

Because of this I'm beginning to believe that CM Punk - "The Voice of the Voiceless" - (mainly the IWC) - was instructed by Vince to be spontaneous and to drop his infamous "Pipe Bomb". Maybe, just maybe this is Vince's attempt at answering the IWC's concerns over the direction of the WWE. Before we get into that, lets take a look at what has transpired because of this "controversial story line".

Punk beats Cena and leaves the WWE with their top Title. On the next two RAW shows, a new WWE Champ is crowned and Vince himself is "Fired" by the Board of Directors and Triple H becomes the new COO. CM Punk returns and finds John Cena as the WWE Champ once again - (even though Punk is still WWE Champ) - Punk beats Cena a second time, but Alberto Del Rio cashes in the MITB briefcase to win the WWE Championship, Miz and R-Truth get fined then fired as a result of their actions, the whole locker room is in an uproar over Triple H's decisions as COO and The Executive Vice President of Talent Relations - (also Vince's yes man) - John Laurenitas is acting out against Triple H while at the same time kissing his a**, There is a No - Confidence vote in Triple H and hence the walkout.

While this is all entertaining and controversial, this is where my skepticism kicks in. This is too good to be true, it has the IWC chomping at the bits in anticipation of what's going to happen next. Who's behind it all? Is it John Laurenitas? CM Punk? Vince McMahon? While these suggestions have run rampant over TV and the internet, along with other suggestions of Mick Foley, Kevin Nash, Vicki Guerrero, even Stephanie McMahon, the fact of the matter is that we probably wouldn't be at this point if it wasn't for the IWC in the first place. Is this a message from Vince to all of us posting on the internet? Of course it is.

Now while the story line can go in any direction at this point, there can be no doubt about who's pulling the strings. Vince McMahon is still in charge and he has a message for us all. What's that message you may ask? Well even though no one can honestly say for sure other than Vince himself, I think I'll take a stab at it. The message in my opinion is that the WWE is just fine and that if Vince or the WWE were to take suggestions for scripts and story lines from the IWC or any other outside source all the time then there would be utter chaos which would eventually lead to the downfall of the WWE.

In short Vince is telling us to butt out. Now I'm sure he likes feedback and all the chatter and such, one thing's for sure, - Leave the Script Writing and Story lines to the Professionals. I believe in the end we will see Vince resume control. But the time is coming when Stephanie and Triple H will run the WWE. This is like a trial period for us all.

So, who's behind all this?, Who's responsible for all the controversy?, We are, the IWC. We the people screamed our dislike over what was happening in the WWE and they listened, Vince heard us loud and clear. He gave us what we wanted only with a little twist, a subliminal message for us to trust in him and in the WWE to make the changes needed on their own time to enhance story lines and build ups of characters. Without this trust factor, if Vince gave us what we wanted as soon as we wanted it, there may not be a WWE future for us, our children, or our grand children to enjoy.

While I know that this might be an unpopular opinion, and may cause some to go WTF, it nevertheless is a fact among facts. The IWC's voices have been heard, and responded to. We have made history. We have also come close to ending a great program in the WWE. Vince himself has taken the time to point this out to us all. The moral of this Blog is be careful what we wish for, we may just get it.

Please feel free to comment whether you agree or not.

Submit "The Man Behind The Controversy - CM Pu.. - No Wait - Vince McMa... - The IWC?" to Digg Submit "The Man Behind The Controversy - CM Pu.. - No Wait - Vince McMa... - The IWC?" to del.icio.us Submit "The Man Behind The Controversy - CM Pu.. - No Wait - Vince McMa... - The IWC?" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Man Behind The Controversy - CM Pu.. - No Wait - Vince McMa... - The IWC?" to Google

Updated 10-08-2011 at 11:39 AM by Dr. Death

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It's an interesting take on it all, but it seems a little too far out there for me to believe. Possible? Definitely, but it seems like too far of a stretch to say all of that. I really don't understand how this is a "be careful what you wish for" message from Vince to us internet fans. If all of what you're saying is true, then you're basically saying we were the reason CM Punk made that promo, and became one of the hottest names in WWE overnight. Why would Vince be upset about that? How will that cause things to spiral out of control? A main event star, a huge hit in the arena, is exactly what WWE has been looking for and is even STILL looking for. If anything, Vince should be sending a "thank you" message to us, if we truly are the reason for this, which I doubt. However, I'm not really enjoying this whole walk-out thing. WWE has been chaotic for years. Much worse things have happened before. I don't like Triple H's role on TV.. it just seems to not fit. I never enjoyed the idea of seeing the authority on TV every week. They should be saved for major announcements or big storylines. Triple H is on TV every week and I don't really know how to explain it, but the current storylines going on right now just feel kinda weak and iffy. Others may disagree. It's certainly interesting, but I can't really get any entertainment out of it, personally.
    you know,i stopped reading this bullshit,if vince was a genius and he listened to the fans cena would be cleaning dogshit off empty arenas by now
    Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingNerd
    It's an interesting take on it all, but it seems a little too far out there for me to believe. Possible? Definitely, but it seems like too far of a stretch to say all of that. I really don't understand how this is a "be careful what you wish for" message from Vince to us internet fans. If all of what you're saying is true, then you're basically saying we were the reason CM Punk made that promo, and became one of the hottest names in WWE overnight. Why would Vince be upset about that? How will that cause things to spiral out of control? A main event star, a huge hit in the arena, is exactly what WWE has been looking for and is even STILL looking for. If anything, Vince should be sending a "thank you" message to us, if we truly are the reason for this, which I doubt. However, I'm not really enjoying this whole walk-out thing. WWE has been chaotic for years. Much worse things have happened before. I don't like Triple H's role on TV.. it just seems to not fit. I never enjoyed the idea of seeing the authority on TV every week. They should be saved for major announcements or big storylines. Triple H is on TV every week and I don't really know how to explain it, but the current storylines going on right now just feel kinda weak and iffy. Others may disagree. It's certainly interesting, but I can't really get any entertainment out of it, personally.
    It's a be careful what you wish for message because the WWE is portraying to us what would, in their opinion, happen if the IWC had its way all the time, through the current storyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Austin
    you know,i stopped reading this bullshit,if vince was a genius and he listened to the fans cena would be cleaning dogshit off empty arenas by now
    The only bullshit about this is your naive opinion. Are you deliberately being obtuse?
    Vince hasn't paid attention to the fans in several years.

That being said, Vince DOES pay attention to the bottom line. Meaning revenue. Is he finally realizing that pushing Cena so hard has cost him more money that it's made him in the long run? Maybe. Sure, Cena sold some merchandise. But that's all. Everything else is down across the board.

If things really are going to change in WWE, it won't be because Vince decided to listen to us. It will be because he has realized that his company isn't doing as well as it could be.
    I agree with you. I think the voices of the IWC are being heard, but the IWC doesn't control the WWE.

About the John Cena thing, John Cena gets his major push because of his hard work, merchandise sales, his pop from the crowd (nothing more controversial than the reaction John Cena gets from the crowd) and the fact he is surrounded by controversy which makes people interested what will happen next (atleast I'm interested).

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.