View RSS Feed

ChrisMasterpiece

Top Five Tag Teams I'd Like To See in the WWE

Rate this Entry
Hey guys! My third-ever blog. Throw a party.
Okay, here are ten teams that I'd love to see in the WWE.

5. Skip Sheffield and Mason Ryan
I think these two would be a really interesting duo, because it's been a while since we've seen a team of purely strength-based competitors. I also think Sheffield's charisma could take him far in the 'E once he returns from that ankle injury, and Ryan has already competed in high-profile matches. That said, I don't think they could be tag champs because Mason's as charismatic as my dead cat.
Win the Tag Titles: No

4. Trent Barreta and Justin Gabriel
Think of the high-flying action we'd see if these two locked up with Air Boom. I believe Barreta is totally underused right now, so it'd be great to see him and Gabriel get some exposure, and maybe even a title run. The spot possibilities with these two would be endless, and it'd be a great way to get these two noticed, even if they're not main-eventers (yet).
Win the Tag Titles: Possibly

3. Heath Slater and Johnny Curtis
I kinda like the southern gimmick with these two. Now I know Curtis isn't southern, but his entrance theme is so hokey it could easily work with Slater's rock band thing. These two are both solid in the ring, and I like Curtis' mic work as well. Now I do think Slater lacks in that department, but it's nothing time can't fix.
Win the Tag Titles: Possibly

2. Alex Riley, Ted DiBiase, and Michael McGillicutty
Okay, I'm cheating. But still, these three could run a "fortunate son" gimmick lick Mike did with Ted's brother in FCW. I think that Riley's got the makings of a future main-eventer, and Mike and Ted are solid but have gotten lost in the mix as of late. As far as a tag title run, I give it a yes, because everyone likes a good Freebird Rule team. Or maybe that's just me...
Win the Tag Titles: Yes

1. Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder
I know, I'm cheating again because this team already existed. But let's be honest; are the Edgeheads the same Zack and Curt they are now? No, of course not. I think Curt's improved tremendously since he was put in FCW, and we all know about Ryder's recent spotlight. I understand that Reks is with Hawkins now, but I really see him more a singles competitor chasing the World Title. Ryder and Hawkins are incredibly charismatic, have great chemistry, and wouldn't need a gimmick change to get over. I could easily see them as tag champions for a long time.
Win the Tag Titles: Definitely

Okay, that's all folks, go ahead and leave a comment!

Submit "Top Five Tag Teams I'd Like To See in the WWE" to Digg Submit "Top Five Tag Teams I'd Like To See in the WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "Top Five Tag Teams I'd Like To See in the WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top Five Tag Teams I'd Like To See in the WWE" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Heath Slater is a waste of space! I hope he isn't getting paid much! This is a guy who will never amount to anything! Thats a guarantee!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    Heath Slater is a waste of space! I hope he isn't getting paid much! This is a guy who will never amount to anything! Thats a guarantee!
    He's not that bad, look at his match with DB, and he is nowadays a jobber...
    I am yet to see a spark of Skip Sheffields 'charisma'.. same indeed goes for Ryan. Them teaming up would be okay, but them future endeavored would be just as good. Same goes for Heath Slater. Same goes for Tyler Reks, I really don't understand why you would see him anywhere near the title picture. I'd like to see him get a singles run for a midcard title, in which he gets a chance to prove me wrong, before they fire him, but that's it.

Agree with Barretta & Gabriel, Curtis should be on tv once in a while, in a team would be okay. Riley and DiBiase could have a real go at it, though I hope Ted gets a singles shot. Hawkins and Ryder would be cool. I'd like to see Ryder dicking around less, wrestling more.
    Great, I like the idea of all, I would like to see Drew McIntyre and Tyler Reks so they can both get more TV time
    Can I ask - are the days of Demolition, LOD, Hart Found over....? Are they too cartoonish to be considered acceptable by now? I look at some of these tag teams suggested - and just think considering their lack of personalities would it be worth giving them "persona's"?

I guess I'd include all the next level of characters like the Rockers, Bushwackers etc as well. Downplay some aspects - or update them - but part of me thinks it could work?
    Updated 10-10-2011 at 03:33 AM by TheEelDeal

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.