View RSS Feed

CM_SUXX_NOT

The Burial of CM Punk

Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Okay guys. Although it is not my opinion that CM Punk is getting buried, I have seen several comments recently from people with the opinion that WWE creative is burying Punk. So I'm putting my thoughts out to you.

I believe the last time we heard Punk speak on Raw was the night after NOC, when he stated that there was a conspiracy in the WWE, but not the conspiracy Miz & Truth were talking about. That was interrupted quite quickly and wasn't much special, but I'm probably comparing it to that promo when I say 'not much special'. Punk lost at NOC, although it wasn't really clean to be fair. Punk got smashed in the face with a pipe at HIAC and Del Rio pinned him. He came in to hit the GTS in the 12-man tag match.

You know what? If someone presented these arguments to me without any prior knowledge, I would agree he's being buried. But he can't be in every main event of every PPV and constant shoot-style promos would get stale.

Creative have, for once, been very clever with their handling of Punk.

We should also bear in mind that other storylines and rivalries exist. Punk alone has been keeping us excited about Raw and his matches with John Cena were great, so great that they were taking the heat out of other angles with other Superstars because everyone was tuning in to watch Punk.

There is also the current angle with Triple H and the firings of Truth and Miz to bear in mind. CM Punk doesn't really fit in there, and yet the angle at HIAC with them destroying everything was brilliant, and I am dying to see next week's Raw after the ending to Monday night.

It may feel like he's being buried slightly, but a Superstar is not being buried if he's main-evented the last 4 pay-per-views. He lost the belt immediately after his win at SummerSlam -- they put the belt on Del Rio for the upcoming Mexico tour. He lost to Triple H at NOC -- the storyline would not make sense if 'H lost his COO position at that point in time. Besides, a non-championship match main-evented Night of Champions. He lost at HIAC -- it was Triple Threat and Del Rio used a pipe; not many people get up after being smashed in the head.

And for those of you who STILL think he's getting buried, there's an article just up saying he may be due a major push because of his merch sales. Great stuff.

---

Jim Ross recently posted on his Twitter that he thought it was strange that WWE's policy is not to mention referee's names on TV, especially with the current ref angles. Well, 3 of them (Chioda, Patton, Armstrong) were name-dropped on Raw, and Chioda even got some mic time which I thought was great.

Some work needed on his promos though

---

Last night, the whole of the heel roster and about 7 babyfaces surrounded the ring for the vote of confidence. So much for polling all of the Superstars. Brass claims they didn't want certain Superstars getting heat.

CM Punk should have at least been there, with his quest for change and everything.

---

Just a couple of extra things I wanted to touch on. Hope you enjoyed it, please offer feedback and add your opinions!

Submit "The Burial of CM Punk" to Digg Submit "The Burial of CM Punk" to del.icio.us Submit "The Burial of CM Punk" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Burial of CM Punk" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I disagree with squarecircle, I think Punk deserves to be at the place he is as much as the other main eventers.

Punk doesn't need a promo every night that blows your mind, that's just impossible. But he does have really enjoying promos on a occasional basis, the promos against Kevin Nash were just hilarious to me.

In a match Punk has some pretty deadly kicks and can pull a nice submission even though he's not the strongest or fastest. Never seen him back down from taking a big bump either, which makes the match enjoying to me.
    Punk and Mysterio have had some of the best modern WWE matches there are! Punk can easily keep up with Mysterio. They are a good match for each other. Punk does A BUNCH of moves to John Cena or Randy Orton's NOTHING.
    The only thing that's buried and stale is the WWE Title. Same champs over and over. I always was a bigger fan of the IC title anyway.
    I wouldn't call whats going on with Punk "buried", however they are not using the momentum he had after the title win in Chicago. I loved the angle where he walked off with the belt. That should have been milked along way longer. He was at his peak when he was the "outsider" Miz and Truth have now taken that role and thats the most interesting angle going at this time. Stone cold also got way over by being the "outsider" I think thats where the Punk charcter should have continued to go. He just seems to be in limbo at this point.
    6000 blog views, amazing. thanks for reading!
    There was more money in Austin chasing the title, and they'll be more money in Punk chasing the title, got a feeling hes in this for the long run, am talking mania 30 for the title, or maybe 29 if rock cena isnt for the championship, could see Cm Punk VS Del Rio as a pretty good rivalry, both very good wrestlers and you know punk woulg get the win! Punk to win the royal rumble!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenjose
    There was more money in Austin chasing the title, and there'll be more money in Punk chasing the title, got a feeling hes in this for the long run, am talking mania 30 for the title, or maybe 29 if rock cena isnt for the championship, could see Cm Punk VS Del Rio as a pretty good rivalry, both very good wrestlers and you know punk woulg get the win! Punk to win the royal rumble!!
    Rock/Cena is at WM28, don't get ahead of yourself!
    I totally agree with your comment though, Punk/ADR would be brilliant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.