View RSS Feed

Glamour Girl

Top 5 WWE Divas of all time

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone! This blog isn't dedicated towards any females in WWE history only towards the ones refered to as Divas. Keep in mind my list is not based on wrestling skill alone, but rather on the impact these women had in WWE and maybe even the entire wrestling world. The list will be in no particular order and has a brief explanation on why I feel they belong there, but feel free to add your own names .

1. Sable: Not the most skilled woman to ever grace the WWE, but nobody can deny that Sable changed it all. Known as the first Playboy cover girl in WWE, the top Diva of her time (anyone remember people calling it the Sable era?), she brought so much attention to the women's division they brought back the women's championship and she was truly the first Diva http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xMOjhs_Qss.

2. Trish Stratus: The only 7 time women's champion in WWE history. Trish did it all in her career. She started as a manager, but ended up the most famous Diva of all time. Unlike Kelly Kelly she showed a beautiful model can become an accomplished wrestler.

3. Lita: Deffinitely not cut out of the same mold as most divas. Her attire wasn't flashy, but her moves sure were. Lita could do some crazy flying moves that the WWE hasn't seen before (at least not coming from a woman) and has not seen since.

4. Gail Kim: No woman has ever won the women's championship on her debut match except Gail. Like Lita, Gail had moves the women's division was not used to and it was exciting to watch. Everything she did in TNA proves the WWE dropped the ball with her.

5. Chyna: This woman wrestled in the men's division for years ending her career in WWE as the undefeated women's champion. She was a 3 time Intercontinental champion and no woman in history has ever been able to duplicate what she did.

Who didn't make the list:

1. Sunny: Yes she was pretty hot stuff for a while, but she never wrestled a match and while she may call herself the original Diva the term Diva wasn't used till after she left (and first used by Sable as shown in that video).

2. Victoria: This woman was awesome. She put everyone over, even the horrible wrestlers. She was deffinitely a company woman. Unfortunately her accomplishments didn't quite earn her a place as one of the tops.

3. Molly Holly: Another amazing wrestler who didn't make the list. She was great to watch and deffinitely another company woman. I've seen and read interviews from the Divas of her time saying she was great and changed the way the Divas did things, but unfortunately she couldn't compete with Vince's vision of bimbos trying to wrestle and left way too soon.

4. Kelly Kelly: Not that she even deserves to be on the same blog as these women, but the current Divas champion represents everything WWE's women's division is about these days. She would've made the list if it had been a top 100 divas. I don't think WWE has had 100 divas since they started using the term diva, but somehow Kelly would still end up at the 100th spot.

Well that's it for now. Le me know what you guys think.

Submit "Top 5 WWE Divas of all time" to Digg Submit "Top 5 WWE Divas of all time" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 5 WWE Divas of all time" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 5 WWE Divas of all time" to Google

Tags: divas, wwe
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Put Chyna above Trish and I'd agree with this list
    I said the list isn't in a particular order :P.
    Since when do titles make the wrestler/diva? It can help them get to a main event spot, or cement their main event position, but it doesn't completely define a wrestler. If it did, John Cena would be one of the best wrestlers of all time, but hes not. Victoria may not have won as many Women's championships as some of the other divas, but shes one hell of a wrestler.
    Again I say this blog isn't about who the best wrestlers are, but about who had the most impact in the WWE and unfortunately she did not.
    Alundra Blayze was better than all these chicks
    If this is more about impact than wrestling ability, then I don't think Gail Kim should be there. She's a great wrestler, she won the Women's Title on her first night, but most people do not remember that. The Gail Kim that they do remember is the one who was a jobber and tag team wrestler. Really, her impact can be felt much greater in TNA, where she showed just how great she can be in the ring. Not one of her matches in the WWE can stand up against her worst match in TNA.
    If this is more about impact than wrestling ability, then I don't think Gail Kim should be there. She's a great wrestler, she won the Women's Title on her first night, but most people do not remember that.
    I can agree with that, although no other Diva has ever been able to win it in her debut, but I suppose alot of people don't remember by now.

Alundra Blayze was better than all these chicks
    Again I remind you this blog relates to women who were refered to as Divas and Alundra wasn't a "Diva".

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.